FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 09.21.2014, 17:10

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5574
Donate
dal.gif
I'm not terribly concerned since he came back in the game (and he has the week off due to bye), but anytime you see a guy rolled up on like that you have to believe at least some sort of serious injury occurred.

Everything I hear/read is the same:

- seen in a walking boot after the game Sunday
- interim coach says they'll wait and see

I cannot even find any news as to when they expect him to go have it checked out to verify the degree of the injury.

Any Saint homers hearing anything on the local news?

12 teamer
Foles/Lacy/Gore/Nelson/Cobb/Wayne(f)/Pitta/Tucker/SEA

14 teamer
Ryan/Jennings/Tate/Julio/Wayne/Watkins/Jimmy/Gerhart(f)/Graham/HOU

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 15:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 40510
Donate
pit.gif
Its tuesday, they had a late sunday game and are coming into a bye week. The saints wont say anything definitive til after the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 16:14 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 470
Donate
nyg.gif
rugger48 wrote:
Its tuesday, they had a late sunday game and are coming into a bye week. The saints wont say anything definitive til after the weekend.

QFT.

While I expect him to play in week 7, I wouldn't hold your breath for any significant news about whether or not he will until Thursday before the week 7 games.

WR:Brown,Floyd,Wallace,Wright
TE:Olsen

10team ppr
QB:Wilson,Kaep
RB:McCoy,Foster,Jennings,Spiller
WR:Green,Floyd,Hilton,Cruz,Quick
TE:Ertz

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 19:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 19037
Donate
sd.gif
It's an ankle sprain, and I doubt it's a high ankle sprain since he stayed in for parts of the Charger game to play decoy.

I think the bye is coming at the perfect time for him and the 2 week gap will help him be just fine to tape it up and play at/near full strength.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 22:14 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27331
Donate
dal.gif
New CBA will give him a week away from the locker room. Don't sweat it until next week.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 22:23 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2498
Donate
ne.gif
Yah, don't sweat it.

On the other hand, how disappointed are the guys who went with Graham and Gronk high in drafts?

I did buy Graham in the front of the 2nd round, but his performance hasn't hurt my team so far. Funny considering my 1st two picks were Megatron and Graham, neither have really done much this season. Good thing I landed Ryan, Marshall and Wayne in later rounds.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 22:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
licker wrote:
Yah, don't sweat it.

On the other hand, how disappointed are the guys who went with Graham and Gronk high in drafts?

I did buy Graham in the front of the 2nd round, but his performance hasn't hurt my team so far. Funny considering my 1st two picks were Megatron and Graham, neither have really done much this season. Good thing I landed Ryan, Marshall and Wayne in later rounds.

Mid round picks can make or break you often. Reggie Wayne / RGIII owners know what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 22:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 40510
Donate
pit.gif
TheChamp wrote:
licker wrote:
Yah, don't sweat it.

Mid round picks can make or break you often. Reggie Wayne / RGIII owners know what I'm talking about.

yep, i waited on a qb in a local league. Ryan kept falling lost track and tried to select him he was gone too many rb and wrs wer falling to pass up on, took doug martin in the 8 th figure I could get rg3 in the 9th and someone took him the pick just before me.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

PostPosted: Tue 10.09.2012, 22:40 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2498
Donate
ne.gif
Oh fer sure...

I grabbed Wayne in both redrafts I did this year in the 8th or 9th. Also landed rg3 to back up Peyton (and luck to back up Ryan in the other).

I like how it worked out. :D

Sadly my TEs were Graham and Gates, neither of whom is really that exciting, but I backed them up with Owens and Rudolph late (like 12th round probably) and those guys are doing just fine.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 13:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
For Moore and Graham owners:

Quote:
The New Orleans Saints are waiting to release information on injured tight end Jimmy Graham and wide receiver Lance Moore.

Coach Aaron Kromer on Monday declined to provide updates on either player as the Saints prepare to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Graham suffered an ankle in the Saints' 31-24 victory against the San Diego Chargers in Week 5, while Moore missed the game because of a hamstring injury.

Moore was held out of practice during the week leading up to the game with San Diego.

Fantasy Impact: These are two key fantasy players from this offense, so owners will want to monitor updates when practice reports are released on Wednesday.

The Saints have had to rely heavily on their passing attack this season and Graham and Moore will continue to benefit from that approach.

Graham had just one catch for four yards against the Chargers but will be a No. 1 option at tight end once he returns.

Moore was targeted 15 times in the Week 4 loss to Green Bay. He is a No. 2 wide receiver, when healthy, in most fantasy formats.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/10/15/ ... all-saints

12 teamer

14 teamer

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 15:51 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
"Drafting Te's in the first round is stupid"

~me

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 15:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:

~me

I couldn't agree more, on the same note I feel equally dumb for trading my 3rd round pick for him in the event he's more hurt then reports are letting on thus far. :Drink)

12 teamer

14 teamer

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 15:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
licker wrote:
Yah, don't sweat it.

i must have made a dozen posts trying to talk sense into people. Also..had they Gronk owners with first round picks are far dumber than Graham owners. You knew his partner in the 2 te scheme was coming back. to take away his..everything to a great degree. Repeating those numbers from last year for either of them was FARRRR fetched. Even if they came close..STILL not worth the opportunity costs subtracted from the (maybe) gains at the te position. I tried..hopefully some changed their view.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 15:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
sd.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:

~me

Agreed. Only leagues I own him in were auction drafts where I got him at a discount.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 15:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
infntnub wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:

~me

I couldn't agree more, on the same note I feel equally dumb for trading my 3rd round pick for him in the event he's more hurt then reports are letting on thus far. :Drink)

a 3rd is as high as i would ever go for ANY te in the history of the game. Is this a dynasty? Keeper?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next