FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 10.21.2014, 06:58

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mendenhall's injury
PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 13:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15984
Donate
oak.gif
Has anyone seen an update on his status today? I'd like to pounce with a trade offer the the Mendy owner who now may be dangerously light at RB, but wouldn't mind a little more information first. I'll look like a bit of a jerk if he's expected back next week.

Post subject: Re: Mendenhall's injury
PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 13:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
oak.gif
Apes wrote:
Has anyone seen an update on his status today? I'd like to pounce with a trade offer to the Mendy owner who now may be dangerously light at RB, but wouldn't mind a little more information first. I'll look like a bit of a jerk if he's expected back next week.

PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 13:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5042
Donate
kc.gif
Apes wrote:
Apes wrote:
Has anyone seen an update on his status today? I'd like to pounce with a trade offer to the Mendy owner who now may be dangerously light at RB, but wouldn't mind a little more information first. I'll look like a bit of a jerk if he's expected back next week.

PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 14:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14491
Donate
Not sure you'll hear anything until next Wednesday's practice report.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 17:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20650
Donate
sd.gif
No updates, it's a sore achilles. A lot of people (myself included) are speculating it to be an overcompensation injury from his running style post ACL repair. It shouldn't be too serious, but he needs to figure out what he's doing wrong in order for it to quit nagging him.

Basically this is what happens to regular RBs returning from ACL surgery. Gives you a lot more appreciation for how freakish ADP's return really is (so far).

PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 19:09 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1368
Donate
I've come to learn that when a player gets hurt in the game and there is plenty of time left and they don't come back usually its safe to say that there are going to miss at least a couple of weeks if not more time. That is what the Ryan Williams and Cedric Benson injuries have taught this past week. I'm willing to bet now is a good time to pick up Redman, only problem is someone already has him in my league or I would have picked him up already.

Was hoping that Redman went down too because he don't bring much to the table and I would rather have Chris Rainey out there taking the bulk of the carries.

I remember Ryan Williams and he said I'm ok after the game then a day or two later and the mother trucker is done for the year. Can't complain though he was not very good.

PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 19:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14491
Donate
Fantasy 247 wrote:
I've come to learn that when a player gets hurt in the game and there is plenty of time left and they don't come back usually its safe to say that there are going to miss at least a couple of weeks if not more time. That is what the Ryan Williams and Cedric Benson injuries have taught this past week. I'm willing to bet now is a good time to pick up Redman, only problem is someone already has him in my league or I would have picked him up already.

Was hoping that Redman went down too because he don't bring much to the table and I would rather have Chris Rainey out there taking the bulk of the carries.

I remember Ryan Williams and he said I'm ok after the game then a day or two later and the mother trucker is done for the year. Can't complain though he was not very good.

Redman is a stiff and Rainey is not a "bulk of the carries" kinda guy.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 20:19 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 965
Donate
min.gif
"Steelers | Rashard Mendenhall's injury serious?
Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:50:14 -0700

Pittsburgh Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall's (Achilles') injury appears to be the most serious of their injuries to come from their Week 6 game Thursday, Oct. 11, but it's unclear how much time he might need to miss.

Source: NFL.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=6#ixzz298advfOM"

Redman also injured his ankle or knee in this game... interestingly it was Batch who picked up most of the early down work and not Rainey.
I might be tempted to grab Redman and hope his injury is not too serious. Dwyer might be activated again too though :(

PostPosted: Fri 10.12.2012, 20:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
oak.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

Redman is a stiff and Rainey is not a "bulk of the carries" kinda guy.

I like to blame to week 2 loss- the first time I'd not been above .500 in three years, so it stung- on Dwyer's paltry 4 points, but I'm thinking he might be getting another chance soon.

PostPosted: Sat 10.13.2012, 04:44 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1687
Donate
pit.gif
If either Mendenhall or Redman are out for the next game, Pittsburgh will activate Dwyer. Batch & Rainey are just too small for Pittsburgh to use them for every-down duty.

Fantasy 247 wrote:
Was hoping that Redman went down too
[-X
That's a terrible thing to wish on any player.

12-team, redraft+1kp, non-ppr, start 9: QB, 1-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE, K, DST

PostPosted: Sat 10.13.2012, 06:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 28006
Donate
chi.gif
Sonofab---. I thought I'd really pulled one off with Mendenhall in the 10th round in my $ league.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fn' muscle.

PostPosted: Sat 10.13.2012, 07:36 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 965
Donate
min.gif
Looks like it was just rumors and overreaction...

Report: Mendenhall Achilles injury not severe

Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports that Rashard Mendenhall's Achilles' injury is not expected to be serious.
A person who has spoken to Mendenhall about the injury described it as "minor," explaining that the Achilles' only "tightened up," and the Steelers didn't want to take any chances on a player in his second game back from a torn ACL. Mendenhall has not been ruled out for Week 7, and the Steelers will determine his status based on "how his Achilles responds over the weekend."

PostPosted: Sat 10.13.2012, 10:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14902
Donate
oak.gif
mendy will be dealing with this all yr,start him and risk what happened this week,a lousy 1 pt,pitt would be better off sitting him for multiple weeks imo

PostPosted: Sat 10.13.2012, 16:24 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
It's good its minor, that lends a pheww from me.

But even if he does play I really don't think he can be effective at all. Our line is decimated. No pouncey, decastro, the tackle, and ramon foster got banged up.

Thats a sh*t storm of we won't be able to protect ben, nor will be able to run the ball. :F

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby