FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 12.19.2014, 11:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Dez Bryant Blame Game
PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 10:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8265
Donate
ind.gif
I've read a LOT of criticism of Dez Bryant this morning. I have to say that it is overdone. Dez had an outstanding game, gave a great effort, and was critical to the Cowboys being in that game. Yet his drop of the 2-point conversion is being scapegoated as the reason the Cowboys lost. Sorry but that is ridiculous. The reason the Cowboys lost is because as a team, they suck.

I watched a good deal of that game. I saw the dropped 2 pointer. It was a catch that a WR-1 for a team is expected to make. And it would have salvaged a shot at overtime from an awful game. But everything I read is pretty much blaming Dez for the outcome.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 10:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7036
Donate
dal.gif
The Boys did a lot of things that ultimately led to that loss; Dez is near the bottom of the list for me.

If anything I was encouraged to see him perform at such a high level (for once). Hopefully he can build on it instead of regressing...

I'm presently kicking myself since I could have had him dirt cheap in a trade the week prior but was too concerned with his mental state. Actually, nevermind.. I'm still concerned where his head is lol.

:Drink)

12T (4 of 12)
Rivers/Lacy/Miller/Nelson/Cobb/Denards/D.Walker/Tucker/SEA

14T (7-6) 6 seed
Ryan/Jennings/Mason/ODB/Watkins/Julio/Jimmy/Stills/Crosby/MIN

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 10:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 120045
Donate
min.gif
Its trendy good media to rip on a 23yr old WR thats been in the league 2 full years :lol:

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 11:05 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1516
Donate
dal.gif
That wasn't his only drop (3 I believe) and in today's NFL drops are equivolent to about a half a turnover as at least half the time it results in a punt. I think he had a false start as well which is inexcusable as a wideout especially. I have Garrett and Bryant at the top of my blame list.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 11:45 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 972
Donate
buf.gif
Dez looked good. I only got to see some, he caught a slant for 3 yards on third and long. Had a defender drapped on him as he preceded to carry the defender and the ball for a first. Ill be happy with that effort and stat line for the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 11:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21746
Donate
sd.gif
That game was by no means all on him; it rarely is, that's why its a team sport. Dez is being put under the microscope b/c he's been plagued w/ drops, poor route running, and bad offseason antics; easy target.

But man that 2 pt drop was brutal.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 12:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8918
Donate
gb.gif
Obviously he's not the only person to blame, but he is a receiver, correct? His job is to catch passes, and he didn't. So he is not immune to criticism simply because he did his job the majority of the time.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 12:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8017
Donate
jax.gif
I guess they let anyone into Princeton. Even guys that can't tell time.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 12:02 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25628
Donate
sf.gif
DELTA6TWO wrote:
Obviously he's not the only person to blame, but he is a receiver, correct? His job is to catch passes, and he didn't. So he is not immune to criticism simply because he did his job the majority of the time.

You think he's the reason they lost though?

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 12:06 
Mako Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Dez is a microcosm of the Cowboys; look elite some plays and quite the opposite on others. It leads to some frustrating times for the fans.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 12:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8265
Donate
ind.gif
DELTA6TWO wrote:

Certainly not immune from criticism. And the 2-point drop was at a critical time. But Dez is not the reason they lost. Yes, if he had caught that they would have been in a position to force overtime and have a shot at a win. And it was a play that should be made.There is no doubt that his drop was one of many mistakes made by the Cowboys and it was visible, critical, and close to the last one.

Maybe I am misreading but the tone of several things I read was that Dez lost the game. I agree with your comment that he is not the only person to blame. I think he was singled out when there were a lot of reasons they lost.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 13:09 
SandShark

Sand$: 202
Donate
dal.gif
I don't care who lost the game, I'm just curious about his fantasy value.

Seems to be trending upward.

Caught 21 of 28 targets the last 2 weeks for 200 yards and 2 TD's. Also, it seems as if he has been active in 2nd halves, which used to not be the case. Romo has certainly not lost any confidence in him.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 13:33 
Chum

Sand$: 82
Donate
nfllogo.gif
It's easy to point the finger at Dez due to his drops this year, and certainly his drop on the 2 point conversion was costly...but Garrett has to take the blame on this one. His lack of time management skills cost them the game.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 13:40 
Mako Shark

Donate
dal.gif
gym rat wrote:
It's easy to point the finger at Dez due to his drops this year, and certainly his drop on the 2 point conversion was costly...but Garrett has to take the blame on this one. His lack of time management skills cost them the game.

It's rare that you can pin entire blame on one person for a lost football game, Dez isn't that guy and Garrett isn't either but both helped out the Ravens tremendously.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 17:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15925
Donate
gym rat wrote:

No excuse for the drop.

But putting the blame on Dez for the loss is silly.

First of all, the 2-pointer would have merely tied the game, and the Cowboys still could have lost in regulation or OT.

Secondly, they're not even in that game without the plays and TDs Dez made.

Better reasons for the loss:

1. Romo's brutal INT, costing a shot at a field goal.

2. Woeful kickoff coverage (bad lane discipline according the the great Brian Billick) leading to a TD.

3. Inept time management after recovering the onside kick

4. Dan Bailey missing the game winning field goal. I realize it's not a gimme at that distance, but an NFL kicker has to be able to make that kick.

Stafford
Hill, Latavius, Sims, Hyde, PT
Alshon, DePunk, Martavis, Wallace, Davante, Hogan, Moncrief, Latimer
Rivera
DET, KCC

Lost to INJ: Cruz, Cooks, McKinnon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next