FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.22.2014, 22:51

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mike Williams TB
PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 21:01 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4894
Donate
min.gif
Back to back 100 yard games. With Vincent Jackson getting the top corners attention can MW become a solid fantasy starter like we saw in his rookie season? I think so the only thing that concerns me is that he doesn't catch alot of passes so you gotta hope for the big plays + you will be relying on Freeman

Post subject: Re: Mike Williams TB
PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 21:04 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38928
Donate
pit.gif
PlumDaddy wrote:
Back to back 100 yard games. With Vincent Jackson getting the top corners attention can MW become a solid fantasy starter like we saw in his rookie season? I think so the only thing that concerns me is that he doesn't catch alot of passes so you gotta hope for the big plays + you will be relying on Freeman

definitly playing him againat NO, after that I wil take it week by week.

PostPosted: Mon 10.15.2012, 21:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 16073
Donate
atl.gif
Very solid WR3 with occasional WR2 numbers. I wouldn't look for more than that for the reasons you stated.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 00:34 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2668
Donate
sf.gif
So far he has been a wr3 in my opinion. I would love to see more consistency out of him. Back to back games is a good start towards earning respect but I still have my doubts.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 07:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
I'm a VJAX owner. I'm thinking about offering TBMW to the Jennings owner for some depth. I have James Jones to flex until Jennings' crotch loses it's....stiffness? I'd love to flex TBMW, but James Jones is paying dividends right now...

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 08:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7919
Donate
jax.gif
Craphead wrote:
I'm a VJAX owner. I'm thinking about offering TBMW to the Jennings owner for some depth. I have James Jones to flex until Jennings' crotch loses it's....stiffness? I'd love to flex TBMW, but James Jones is paying dividends right now...

I much rather have TBMW for depth than Jennings. That groin pull likely will be an issue rest of this season. If anything Jennings might be less consistent when he returns that TBMW rest of the way.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 14:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
min.gif
If someone had told me before Sunday that Josh Freeman was going to throw for over 400 yards and multiple TDs I would have bet my savings that TBMW was going to be a top 10 play. wth happened.. I saw the final play of the game and there is no question he shoulda had a TD so thats encouraging going forward.

I also read (but did not see myself) that NO was double covering TBMW and leaving Vjax in single coverage for most of the game, is this true?

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 14:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
PlumDaddy wrote:
If someone had told me before Sunday that Josh Freeman was going to throw for over 400 yards and multiple TDs I would have bet my savings that TBMW was going to be a top 10 play. wth happened.. I saw the final play of the game and there is no question he shoulda had a TD so thats encouraging going forward.

I also read (but did not see myself) that NO was double covering TBMW and leaving Vjax in single coverage for most of the game, is this true?

I'm not sure whether or not you noticed VJAX's stat line, but that's what happened. TBMW has one big catch per game. Unfortunately this week's "one big catch" was negated by a penalty.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 15:35 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 706
Donate
PlumDaddy wrote:

Actually, there is no question that the refs made the right call. I was in your camp at first based on my understanding of the rule that a receiver who is forced out of bounds can re-establish himself in bounds then make the catch, but Mike Pereira confirmed that the refs made the right call as the rule is that if the QB is out of the pocket when the ball is thrown, the wr can't be the first to touch the ball.

Who knew...I guess this is another reason why, despite the fact that we all think we could do the job, the NFL refs really do have a tough gig and do a damn good job at it despite all the pressure.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 15:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
min.gif
intermestic wrote:
PlumDaddy wrote:

Actually, there is no question that the refs made the right call. I was in your camp at first based on my understanding of the rule that a receiver who is forced out of bounds can re-establish himself in bounds then make the catch, but Mike Pereira confirmed that the refs made the right call as the rule is that if the QB is out of the pocket when the ball is thrown, the wr can't be the first to touch the ball.

Who knew...I guess this is another reason why, despite the fact that we all think we could do the job, the NFL refs really do have a tough gig and do a damn good job at it despite all the pressure.

I was referring to the fact that he was targeted in the endzone and made the catch....It's encourging going forward know that they will look his way when it counts. But thanks for the clarification of the rules

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 16:24 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 706
Donate
PlumDaddy wrote:
intermestic wrote:
PlumDaddy wrote:

I was referring to the fact that he was targeted in the endzone and made the catch....It's encourging going forward know that they will look his way when it counts. But thanks for the clarification of the rules

Agreed...apologize if I sounded dickish--didn't mean to, but read my comment and noticed that it might come off that way.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 17:00 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35568
Donate
mia.gif
intermestic wrote:
PlumDaddy wrote:

Actually, the announcer (Lynch) was incorrect when he said that a receiver could reestablish himself in bounds. When a receiver goes out of bounds, he can't be the first to touch the ball. Pereira confirmed that the officials made the correct call when they didn't call illegal contact as the DB shoved Mike Williams out of bounds, because when the QB leaves the pocket, illegal contact isn't enforced.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 19:45 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1430
Donate
dal.gif
Was it just me or did VJax run like a 50 year old on that long catch? How do you get open in the NFL with that lack of speed?

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 19:52 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 35568
Donate
mia.gif
greenhornet wrote:
Was it just me or did VJax run like a 50 year old on that long catch? How do you get open in the NFL with that lack of speed?

It wasn't just you. A couple of us commented on it in the game thread. I've read that he was tired, and I've read that he pulled up because he thought he was going to score. It looked like a constant, slow speed to me though.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 20:32 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1430
Donate
dal.gif
Elmagister wrote:
greenhornet wrote:

It wasn't just you. A couple of us commented on it in the game thread. I've read that he was tired, and I've read that he pulled up because he thought he was going to score. It looked like a constant, slow speed to me though.

That's what I saw