FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 09.20.2014, 13:00

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 09:08 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 231
Donate
phi.gif
So Jamaal Charles through 6 games (5 and a half games really) has 115 carries. His career high (in his so-far short career) is 230, and he's obviously coming off ACL surgery.

A 300 carry pace for Jamaal Charles scares me. If you add in his receptions, he's on pace for 350 touches. Personally, I'm trying to dump him while he's on his bye.

Granted Tampa has a strong run defense, I still think week 6 was the start of a trend for Charles.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 09:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7753
Donate
jax.gif
tomthetank wrote:
So Jamaal Charles through 6 games (5 and a half games really) has 115 carries. His career high (in his so-far short career) is 230, and he's obviously coming off ACL surgery.

A 300 carry pace for Jamaal Charles scares me. If you add in his receptions, he's on pace for 350 touches. Personally, I'm trying to dump him while he's on his bye.

Granted Tampa has a strong run defense, I still think week 6 was the start of a trend for Charles.

GL

Personally, I am riding JC rest the way. He will win me a couple more weeks.

I'll let the guy who drafts him too soon next year worry about the wheels falling off.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 09:13 
Tiger Shark

Donate
phi.gif
hankrip wrote:
tomthetank wrote:

GL

I'll let the guy who drafts him too soon next year worry about the wheels falling off.

My concern is the wheels falling off this year. I'd rather dump him now for a high-end RB1 like he's currently valued. Next year he'll go first round again (2011 all over again :F )

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 09:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4992
Donate
chi.gif
You're a week late on selling him - now ppl have to worry about Brady Quinn and Hillis coming back in 2 weeks...not that I think either of those is a concern but, potential buyers will.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 09:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
jax.gif
tomthetank wrote:
hankrip wrote:
tomthetank wrote:

GL

My concern is the wheels falling off this year. I'd rather dump him now for a high-end RB1 like he's currently valued. Next year he'll go first round again (2011 all over again :F )

If you are trading him for another RB, you better get Rice, Foster, or maybe McCoy.. Otherwise, you are getting hosed.

Any RB can go down at any point. The guy is young and can take 300+ touches just as well as any other RB out there this yr, imo.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 09:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12980
Donate
jax.gif
I offered a guy Chris Johnson and Charles for Foster on Saturday (he has no depth) but he wouldn't take it. That has been my extent of trying to sell him. I don't see him as a must-sell. He is their only hope of putting up points and can break one at any time and he has very low mileage on him.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 09:29 
Tiger Shark

Donate
phi.gif
Jamaal Charles current value is around a top 5 running back in most people's minds. I'm saying sell him for that type of value. Obviously I'm not saying dump him at all costs.

You can't use the young, low mileage generalities with a player coming off ACL surgery IMO. I'm going to assume that injury took a couple years off his career.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 10:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12980
Donate
jax.gif
tomthetank wrote:
Jamaal Charles current value is around a top 5 running back in most people's minds. I'm saying sell him for that type of value. Obviously I'm not saying dump him at all costs.

You can't use the young, low mileage generalities with a player coming off ACL surgery IMO. I'm going to assume that injury took a couple years off his career.

True. But like hank was saying, it's probably not something we have to worry about this year. I'm willing to trade anyone for the right price, however.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 10:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
jax.gif
tomthetank wrote:
I'm going to assume that injury took a couple years off his career.

:-k

I thought this was a redraft discussion.

As far as the ACL thing, JC has had 2 of the biggest touch gms in the league this yr..

The ACL injury he had a year to recover from is a complete non factor at this point for this season.

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 10:10 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1400
Donate
chi.gif
tomthetank wrote:

So let the people in future years worry about the length of his career. He's shown no ill effects from the workload this year, and is capable of having a heavy workload at a young age when his body hasn't been as tested as other backs.

The ACL tear WAS a concern, but those injuries are as much mental to come back from as physical. Getting over the concern that he could tear it again at any cut is the hardest thing for athletes. He's as likely to re-tear that ACL as he is to injure any other ligament or muscle. He clearly seems to be past the mental aspect of this injury.

He's a top 4-5 back and has one of the best playoff schedules in the league - I'm not selling him for anything right now.

P. Manning*, Romo*, Cousins
Lacy*, L. Bell*, Ellington, K. Davis, C. Johnson
Brown*, V. Jackson*, Crabtree*, Benjamin, Wright
Pitta*
Vinateiri*
Bengals*

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 10:46 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1567
Donate
hankrip wrote:
tomthetank wrote:

GL

^ THIS!

QB: Brady

RB: McCoy, Forte, West, Pierce

WR: Gordon, A. Brown, Patterson, Cooks, K. Benjamin, Hunter, Quick

TE: Rudolph, Ertz

DEF: Rams

K: Bryant

10 Team 0.5 PPR

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 10:47 
Mako Shark

Donate
hankrip wrote:
tomthetank wrote:
hankrip wrote:
tomthetank wrote:

GL

Agreed!

If you are trading him for another RB, you better get Rice, Foster, or maybe McCoy.. Otherwise, you are getting hosed.

Any RB can go down at any point. The guy is young and can take 300+ touches just as well as any other RB out there this yr, imo.

10 Team 0.5 PPR

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 10:49 
Mako Shark

Donate
Bdlugz wrote:
tomthetank wrote:

So let the people in future years worry about the length of his career. He's shown no ill effects from the workload this year, and is capable of having a heavy workload at a young age when his body hasn't been as tested as other backs.

The ACL tear WAS a concern, but those injuries are as much mental to come back from as physical. Getting over the concern that he could tear it again at any cut is the hardest thing for athletes. He's as likely to re-tear that ACL as he is to injure any other ligament or muscle. He clearly seems to be past the mental aspect of this injury.

He's a top 4-5 back and has one of the best playoff schedules in the league - I'm not selling him for anything right now.

Exactly!

10 Team 0.5 PPR

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 11:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8443
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
He's a top 4-5 back and has one of the best playoff schedules in the league - I'm not selling him for anything right now

This. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Tue 10.16.2012, 11:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4760
Donate
kc.gif
jesteva wrote:
Quote:
He's a top 4-5 back and has one of the best playoff schedules in the league - I'm not selling him for anything right now

This. :thumbright:

Right on.

We are riding that stallion into the playoffs. Yeehaw!