FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 09.14.2014, 23:02

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Phillip Tanner?
PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 04:55 
SandShark

Sand$: 242
Donate
I was really high on DeMarco Murray coming into this season. I drafted him in the top 20 in one league and just swung a trade for him in another. (I gave up Steve Johnson and Chris Johnson for Murray in a 14 team league) But now, he's hurt and its a fairly troubling injury. Midfoot sprains are notoriously slow-healing and can linger for weeks (as anyone who owned Darren McFadden last season can attest)

I wasn't able to get Felix in either of the leagues where I own Murray. So, I added Phillip Tanner. He's more of a straight ahead,
"one-cut" runner than Jones and I think he could carve out a decent role (possibly including goal line carries) if Murray misses extended time.

Does anyone think Tanner could earn a 50-50 split with Felix Jones? Or will Dallas give Felix one more opportunity to show that he can carry the load as a true feature back.

Post subject: Re: Phillip Tanner?
PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 06:25 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 229
Donate
dal.gif
Felix is still old Felix he is quick and hits the hole fast sometimes before the blocks are set up and the running lanes are fully developed. He depends on jump cuts too much to be the lead back in garretts offense. Against carolina who isnt great against the run i would look for tanner to get a big chunk of the carries in the trenches and almost certainly near the goalline....but dont let that ravens game fool you i havent watched a cowboys game in the past 3 or 4 years where they ran that many times for that many yards. If we run the ball 25 times against carolina i would say it would probly be tanner getting 3 or 4 more turns than felix....north and south in this offense thats why felix is backup in the first place.

ODANIELS,CFLEENER
DALLAS

BRYNN RENNER FOR HEISMAN!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 06:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25280
Donate
tb.gif
If you check the preseason discussions on Murray I said I wouldn't draft him in near his ADP due to risk of injury. Some players just ooze injury and he has been one of them.

Regarding Tanner,he is the third or fourth string option behind a mediocre Dallas line. He's a deep, deep option only (or desperation depending on your stable of backs.)

Tanner ran a 4.59 at the combine a year ago.That's not fast for a RB. That's actually kinda slow.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 09:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7723
Donate
jax.gif
Ben_Ice wrote:
Tanner ran a 4.59 at the combine a year ago.That's not fast for a RB. That's actually kinda slow.

Terrell Davis ran a 4.72 at combine, just sayin.

Underwear running times are close to meaningless. How you run in pads in gms is what matters.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 10:18 
SandShark

Sand$: 216
Donate
dal.gif
The Cowboys coaches love them some Tanner! Tanner is downhill, Felix is an outside runner. I look for a 50/50 split. With Felix being injury prone, I would much rather have Tanner. Felix also cramped up last week with extended carries.

[b]WR[/b]: Dez, VJax, Sanders, Evans, Amendola
[b]RB[/b]: Mccoy, J.Bell, Sproles, Vereen,Hill, Williams
[b]TE[/b]: Thomas
[b]K[/b]:Tucker
[b]Def[/b]: Pats

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 10:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 108
Donate
dal.gif
monkeywrench69 wrote:
Felix is still old Felix he is quick and hits the hole fast sometimes before the blocks are set up and the running lanes are fully developed. He depends on jump cuts too much to be the lead back in garretts offense. Against carolina who isnt great against the run i would look for tanner to get a big chunk of the carries in the trenches and almost certainly near the goalline....but dont let that ravens game fool you i havent watched a cowboys game in the past 3 or 4 years where they ran that many times for that many yards. If we run the ball 25 times against carolina i would say it would probly be tanner getting 3 or 4 more turns than felix....north and south in this offense thats why felix is backup in the first place.

agreed

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 10:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7723
Donate
jax.gif
zzeke2523 wrote:
The Cowboys coaches love them some Tanner! Tanner is downhill, Felix is an outside runner. I look for a 50/50 split. With Felix being injury prone, I would much rather have Tanner. Felix also cramped up last week with extended carries.

Tanner is comparable to Andre Brown in running style. Remember what he did vs Carolina?

If he gets 10-15 touches, I think he could make a good flex play this week.