FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 18:44

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 11:37 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3722
Donate
dal.gif
From Rotoworld:

"Ahmad Bradshaw did not practice Wednesday due to a foot issue.
Uh-oh. Bradshaw has a long history of foot issues, including offseason ankle surgeries after the 2010 and 2011 seasons and a broken bone in his right foot that cost him four games last year. It's fair to classify the situation as chronic and carrying the ball 57 times over the last two weeks appears to have aggravated the ailment. Coach Tom Coughlin said it's "the same type of thing" popping up again. Even though Bradshaw is expected to return to practice Thursday, we'd be selling here. Electric rookie David Wilson is worth a stash in most formats."

Could me minor, but with Andre Brown cleared to practice (dropped in my league) and Wilson likely available, something to monitor.

QB: Stafford
WR: A.J. Green, Shorts, Keenan Allen, Marvin Jones, Rishard Matthews
RB: T. Richardson, DMac, B. Tate, Z. Stacy, R. Jennings
TE: A. Gates, C. Clay
DEF: Carolina
K: Gould

Last edited by nosman21 on Sun 10.21.2012, 08:32, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 11:42 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
Lol, guess mods can merge us. I created one just as you did lol

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 11:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Here we go again. Every time I convince myself to stop shopping him. Guess I knew what I was signing up for when I drafted him.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 11:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17296
Donate
ne.gif
nosman21 wrote:
From Rotoworld:

Uh-oh. Bradshaw has a long history of foot issues, including offseason ankle surgeries after the 2010 and 2011 seasons and a broken bone in his right foot that cost him four games last year. It's fair to classify the situation as chronic and carrying the ball 57 times over the last two weeks appears to have aggravated the ailment. Coach Tom Coughlin said it's "the same type of thing" popping up again. Even though Bradshaw is expected to return to practice Thursday, we'd be selling here. Electric rookie David Wilson is worth a stash in most formats."

Could me minor, but with Andre Brown cleared to practice (dropped in my league) and Wilson likely available, something to monitor.

I would argue that nothing with Bradshaw's feet involved is minor. He's been hobbled by foot injuries for a long time now, which I would imagine was the reason the Giants decided to spend a 1st-round pick on Wilson.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 11:50 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 435
Donate
atl.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
nosman21 wrote:
From Rotoworld:

I would argue that nothing with Bradshaw's feet involved is minor. He's been hobbled by foot injuries for a long time now, which I would imagine was the reason the Giants decided to spend a 1st-round pick on Wilson.

Rotoworld has always hated Bradshaw. While I know Bradshaw has a history of foot issues, I'd say this situation is probably more similar to what the Texans do with Foster each week- list an injury and give a day off.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 11:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
Badnewz wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
nosman21 wrote:
From Rotoworld:

Rotoworld has always hated Bradshaw. While I know Bradshaw has a history of foot issues, I'd say this situation is probably more similar to what the Texans do with Foster each week- list an injury and give a day off.

I bolded a section of the Rotoworld blurb that I think is the key here. Coughlin seems to think this could be similar to the injury(ies) he's had the past few years with his feet.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:01 
Whale Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Yeah like I said, could be nothing. But given the foot history, and the increased workload, it is something on my Radar. I'm struggling at RB with Murray dinged and was able to add Andre Brown as soon as I saw this news. Nice timing after waivers :)

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:02 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
Badnewz wrote:
Yea, this is along my way of thinking. Has to be more precaution then injury due to having 57 carries in 2 weeks. I do believe its some foot, but thats not the big reason imo. Could bbe wrong but I doubt it.

Any how, can't trade him now. Need another big game from him without an injury occuring to be able to move him. If that does happen, Idk if I can trade him personally. He's right now my best running back producer right now

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:04 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2020
Donate
nyj.gif
Same story, different day. They also reported that he may have been done for the season after his "serious" neck injury.

Dude just put up 100 yards on arguable the best defense in football. He deserves an extra day.

QB: Luck(k), Tannehill
RB: Forte, Leveon Bell, Gerhart, Richardson(k)
WR: Dez(k), Fitzgerald, Jeffery, Allen, Patterson
TE: Cameron, Clay
K: Walsh
Def: Cardinals, Browns

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:07 
Whale Shark

Donate
dal.gif
frooglepoopillion wrote:
Same story, different day. They also reported that he may have been done for the season after his "serious" neck injury.

Dude just put up 100 yards on arguable the best defense in football. He deserves an extra day.

Oh for sure. And he looked GREAT. Just something to monitor. Never know

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:08 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 341
Donate
nyg.gif
If Bradshaw missed time, I feel that Wilson is going to be the back to own. There is a reason why the giants took him in Rd 1; there is also a reason why Brown has been passed around the NFL like a drunk college cheerleader at a frat party.

Brown had a great game against Carolina, but Wilson has much more upside, especially after having some good runs against the 49ers late in the game.

I dropped Brown today to pick up Wilson as a FA.

BWTHDIK. I'm drinking my own kool-aid. :Drink)

QB: Griffin III, Palmer
RB: Murray, S. Green, A. Bradshaw, F. Jones, B. Powell, D. Wilson
WR: Calvin Johnson, Maclin, S. Rice, Amendola
TE: Miller
K: Barth
Def: NYG

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:14 
Whale Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Hahahaha like a doorknob, everyone has a turn.

I drafted Wilson in all my leagues. Was high on him, But had to let him go after Andre Brown emerged and it was clear Wilson wasn't part of gameplan. Now, Wilson has been added and Brown's available - so I'll take what I can get. Either way I think Bradshaw will be fine, but at 1-5 gotta make things happen

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16708
Donate
atl.gif
Sounds like the people in here that are trying to convince themselves this is nothing are Bradhshaw owners.

Anytime the foot is mentioned with Bradshaw folks wake up and pay attention, this problem won't go away and will be a factor all year. Tom Coughlin doesn't sugar coat things, so if he said what he said I'd start listening.

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:28 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Sounds like the people in here that are trying to convince themselves this is nothing are Bradhshaw owners.

Anytime the foot is mentioned with Bradshaw folks wake up and pay attention, this problem won't go away and will be a factor all year. Tom Coughlin doesn't sugar coat things, so if he said what he said I'd start listening.

No, actually think you got it a bit scewed. All us shaw owners reconize its something to monitor. However, that many carries would break down any back, including Guys like rice, foster etc. Over the course of a season. They can't keep feeding him like that and expect him to remain healthy, without some kind of rest.

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Wed 10.17.2012, 12:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:

^ This.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next