FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.30.2014, 02:03

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 13:55 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.30.2002, 19:43
Posts: 24543
Sand$: 13746
Donate
Location: Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
This sprung up on me with the Jimmy Graham situation and his status unknown. Ever been in a situation where you were forced to play a guy who didn't play because there was no one on your team you were willing to cut to find a fill in? Having bye week issues here doesn't help either. I think that's what I may have to do this week even if Graham doesn't play. Play him and take my medicine or goose egg.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 13:57 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14481
Sand$: 37330
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
no, i haven't. there have been times when i would have been better off taking the zero, but I'm always trying to win this week, and that's harder to do with a guaranteed 0 at one spot in the lineup.

there's always someone that can be cut.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:01 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.29.2012, 09:41
Posts: 9798
Sand$: 21266
Donate
ne.gif
Well, it wasn't on purpose, but my backup TE had already played when SD rules Gates would be out for that game, so I got a 0. That sucked.

_________________
Debbie Downah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:09 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.30.2002, 19:43
Posts: 24543
Sand$: 13746
Donate
Location: Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
hard 10 wrote:
no, i haven't. there have been times when i would have been better off taking the zero, but I'm always trying to win this week, and that's harder to do with a guaranteed 0 at one spot in the lineup.

there's always someone that can be cut.


Small bench doesn't help either

Maclin
Matthews
D. Brown
R. Bush

D. Brown is the only one I would consider at this point and even then ughhhhhhh

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:12 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.26.2003, 13:03
Posts: 14481
Sand$: 37330
Donate
Location: At the bar, getting a Bell's Amber Ale
chi.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
hard 10 wrote:
no, i haven't. there have been times when i would have been better off taking the zero, but I'm always trying to win this week, and that's harder to do with a guaranteed 0 at one spot in the lineup.

there's always someone that can be cut.


Small bench doesn't help either

Maclin
Matthews
D. Brown
R. Bush

D. Brown is the only one I would consider at this point and even then ughhhhhhh


I'd do it*. With the uncertainty over his return, there's a decent chance you can get him back next week.


*unless you're 6-0 with at least a 1 game cushion in the standings. If not, every win matters.

_________________
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:14 
Offline
Mako Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 10.11.2011, 02:50
Posts: 595
Sand$: 1537
Donate
There's been plenty of times where I haven't played a position. Like defense or kicker. Defense in fear of negative points and kicker cause I didn't see him scoring a ton that week.

I'm in a league with no waivers so Monday night at 12am it's a free for all. If there's a player with a break out performance and I MUST have him and my defense or kicker hasn't played, I'll drop one of them if they haven't played yet to make the acquisition Monday night faster. Rather than refreshing, adding, dropping and then having to confirm all I have to do is refresh and add and that's it.

So yea, I take a 0 at a position. It's common for me. The rest of the league never catches on to what I'm doing neither haha

_________________
10-team .5 PPR League redraft league

My Mainstays
D. Brees
J. Charles, E. Lacy,
J. Gordon, A. Brown, K. Allen
J. Cameron
Chiefs DEF
J. Tucker


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:18 
Offline
Tiger Shark

Joined: Fri 09.28.2012, 14:31
Posts: 218
Sand$: 518
Donate
Jcb890 wrote:
Well, it wasn't on purpose, but my backup TE had already played when SD rules Gates would be out for that game, so I got a 0. That sucked.


Yeah that happened to me in one of my leagues.

I don't think I would ever take a goose egg. I've lost 3 games this year by 5.6, 2.5, 0.25 points... I MADE some things happen and I'm not letting that happen again..

_________________
16 team league ppr 1.0, 6/passtd
QB/RB/WR1/WR2/WR3/TE/Flex1/Flex2/PK/Def

Qb: Stafford, Cutler
RB: DMC, P. Thomas, Goodson, T. Jones, Vareen
Wr: Wayne, VJax, Mike Williams, Fitzgerald, Michael Floyd
TE: Witten, Heath Miller
K: Hanson
Defense: Da Bears!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:19 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed 07.21.2004, 23:48
Posts: 8707
Sand$: 8159
Donate
Location: Wallace Wade Stadium
sf.gif
Well I purposely started Vernon Davis last night... so I guess so!
:x

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:39 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 29137
Sand$: 114190
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
Bush league

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:41 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Tue 09.13.2011, 10:31
Posts: 628
Sand$: 1336
Donate
Location: N Padre Island, TX
dal.gif
I'm probably going to do it this weekend; just can't bring myself to cutting any of the following for a scrub D on WW:
Cobb (most likely choice but in the middle of a pretty good upward trend)
Torrey Smith
Heath Miller (Hernandez has a bye soon and WW is a TE wasteland)
ATL D (6th in D's in my league
M Ryan
D Murray
Julio Jones

This is my view-I may lose up to 10 points this week but over the remainder of the year the players listed above are going to get me many more points than the guys I would have to trot out there due to cutting them.

*on a side note D's can score in the negative in my league so I may be avoiding a deduction

_________________
Gilbride said, "I guess it'll be Brandon (Jacobs)."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 14:53 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.18.2003, 21:12
Posts: 19478
Sand$: 18142
Donate
Location: SF Bay Area
hou2.gif
dukeman_92 wrote:
Well I purposely started Vernon Davis last night... so I guess so!
:x


Nothing like giving your opponent a power play :lol:

I had Vernon Davis on at least 3 teams :F

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 15:15 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.24.2009, 11:46
Posts: 6666
Sand$: 13257
Donate
greenhornet wrote:
I'm probably going to do it this weekend; just can't bring myself to cutting any of the following for a scrub D on WW:
Cobb (most likely choice but in the middle of a pretty good upward trend)
Torrey Smith
Heath Miller (Hernandez has a bye soon and WW is a TE wasteland)
ATL D (6th in D's in my league
M Ryan
D Murray
Julio Jones

This is my view-I may lose up to 10 points this week but over the remainder of the year the players listed above are going to get me many more points than the guys I would have to trot out there due to cutting them.

*on a side note D's can score in the negative in my league so I may be avoiding a deduction


Cut ATL.

That defense is not going to carry you to a title.

_________________
12-tm PPR-QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK FAAB

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 15:34 
Offline
Chum

Joined: Tue 08.28.2012, 08:45
Posts: 3
Sand$: 10
Donate
I'm facing the same dilemma this week at WR. Maclin and Hartline on byes and Garçon is almost assured not to play. I'd have to drop Hartline or Garçon to pick up a 3rd WR and I'm picking from Justin Blackmon or Chris Givens. I'm already down Matt Ryan, Jamaal Charles, Ryan Mathews, and probably Jimmy Graham this week, so I may just pencil in Garçon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 15:58 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.20.2002, 17:45
Posts: 1935
Sand$: 922
Donate
Location: wishing i was fishing
I've started a player this year in nearly every week that put up a 0.... but not on purpose.

With a short bench, and a good team i might. I haven't had to face that tho. Normally can work a trade or i have something at the end of the bench i can work with.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri 10.19.2012, 16:01 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.28.2007, 14:37
Posts: 7338
Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
dukeman_92 wrote:
Well I purposely started Vernon Davis last night... so I guess so!
:x


:lol:

In Donald's case I'd make that cut.

I have a bench like that in 1 league. It's tough, but like hard10 said every win matters.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group