FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.16.2014, 23:08

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 08:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19897
Donate
bal.gif
Quote:
Appearing on NFL Network's First on the Field, Michael Lombardi said the Rams are "shopping several players" to the rest of the league prior to the October 30 trade deadline.

Lombardi failed to mention specific names, but the Rams are the youngest team in the league and don't have many veterans that would seem to interest contending teams, aside from Steven Jackson. S-Jax makes sense because he and the Rams restructured his contract, making him a free agent after the 2012 season. He and rookie Daryl Richardson have also been splitting carries in recent weeks. Neither player has found the end zone this season, as the Rams have just one rushing touchdown as a team. Still, it's a long shot that Jackson is traded this week. Rookie GM Les Snead won't be scared to pull the trigger, though.

source:rotoworld

Zero Dark Thirty 8/10
Oblivion 7/10
Rush 9/10
Iron Man 3 7/10
Star Trek Into Darkness 8/10
Man of Steel 7/10
World War Z 7/10
Gravity 8/10
Hunger Games Catching Fire 9/10
THE HOBBIT The Desolation of Smaug 9/10

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 09:01 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 1744
Donate
cle.gif
They are already pick rich and young after the RGIII trade. I don't see a need to sell veteran leaders there.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 10:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5231
Donate
sea.gif
Major Leaguer wrote:
They are already pick rich and young after the RGIII trade. I don't see a need to sell veteran leaders there.

That might be why they need the roster room, if they felt they already had to cut some good players. If they felt that they didn't have what it takes this year, good idea to see what kind of offers might swirl around, just not a whole lot of proven commodities there. Young and talented, yet raw abled bodies are still needed though, if someone they've found that didn't fit their scheme.

With all the Bellichek disciples out there I could imagine someone chasing Amendola if they felt his shoulder was healing up well... kind of a cruel thing to do to Bradford though.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 10:11 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1113
Donate
stl.gif
I think this is as simple as them letting the league know that SJ39 is available for the right price. This is gonna be his last year in STL, and they've got nothing to lose by floating his name out there and seeing if someone is desperate enough come playoffs time to offer up something crazy like a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him (never gonna happen, just sayin).

The other option here that might work on a much lower scale is, IMO, Bradley Fletcher. He's a guy who was expected to be a top 2 CB for the Rams in the old regime, but has quickly been downgraded due to the arrivals of Cortland Finnegan and - especially - Janoris Jenkins. Fletcher has been riddled by injury in his first 3 years in the NFL, but he's played pretty well this year, is in the final year of his contract, and could really help out a team in need of some depth at Corner as they approach the postseason. I doubt the Rams would get much of anything for him, but if someone were willing to offer, say, a 5th rounder for him, I think the Rams would ship him out. Fletcher, as opposed to the Jackson, is a guy I think the Rams would like to re-sign and bring back at the right price if he remains with the team. But if they could get a desperate team to offer up a 4th/5th rounder for him, I think they'd consider it.

Other guys who could be considered in a deal would be, my best guess....Harvey Dahl (signed to a pretty big contract by the old regime, would be tough to move) or Quentin Mikell. But again, IMO this is all about seeing if anyone would pull the trigger on a SJ39 deal.

QB: M Ryan*
RB: R Rice*/T Richardson*/K Moreno*/R Bush/B Wells
WR: V Cruz*/D Alexander*/E Decker/G Jennings
TE: A Hernandez*
DST: Texans/Broncos/Browns (???)
K: M Bryant*

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 10:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174352
Donate
dal.gif
brignatious wrote:
I think this is as simple as them letting the league know that SJ39 is available for the right price. This is gonna be his last year in STL, and they've got nothing to lose by floating his name out there and seeing if someone is desperate enough come playoffs time to offer up something crazy like a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him (never gonna happen, just sayin).

The other option here that might work on a much lower scale is, IMO, Bradley Fletcher. He's a guy who was expected to be a top 2 CB for the Rams in the old regime, but has quickly been downgraded due to the arrivals of Cortland Finnegan and - especially - Janoris Jenkins. Fletcher has been riddled by injury in his first 3 years in the NFL, but he's played pretty well this year, is in the final year of his contract, and could really help out a team in need of some depth at Corner as they approach the postseason. I doubt the Rams would get much of anything for him, but if someone were willing to offer, say, a 5th rounder for him, I think the Rams would ship him out. Fletcher, as opposed to the Jackson, is a guy I think the Rams would like to re-sign and bring back at the right price if he remains with the team. But if they could get a desperate team to offer up a 4th/5th rounder for him, I think they'd consider it.

Other guys who could be considered in a deal would be, my best guess....Harvey Dahl (signed to a pretty big contract by the old regime, would be tough to move) or Quentin Mikell. But again, IMO this is all about seeing if anyone would pull the trigger on a SJ39 deal.

Great post. I'd have to say that this is about the extent of how far the Rams will be willing to go here. They obviously have a lot of nice pieces in place, and the ship is sailing on SJax's productivity. There are a boatload of teams out there right now who could use a back like him, and it could be a nice, easy fit for some team.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 10:51 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17877
Donate
min.gif
marty1841 wrote:
brignatious wrote:

Great post. I'd have to say that this is about the extent of how far the Rams will be willing to go here. They obviously have a lot of nice pieces in place, and the ship is sailing on SJax's productivity. There are a boatload of teams out there right now who could use a back like him, and it could be a nice, easy fit for some team.

I would think he'd fit perfect in GB. But I can't see GB meeting the Rams asking price.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 10:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174352
Donate
dal.gif
Griffimo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
brignatious wrote:

I would think he'd fit perfect in GB. But I can't see GB meeting the Rams asking price.

My thoughts exactly. I can see GB rolling the dice on a 2nd rounder + a bit to get him.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 11:02 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1113
Donate
stl.gif
marty1841 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I can see GB rolling the dice on a 2nd rounder + a bit to get him.

First team that came to mind for me as well. Gonna be interesting to see how the Rams use him today if they would indeed be happening to be in negotiations with GB. A lot would depend, obviously, on CedBen. I haven't been following that situation, so don't know what his long-term prognosis is for this year.

A lot of people will point to the fact that Richardson has been stealing carries from SJ as a sign that he's slowing down. I disagree. Jackson has run as violently and effectively this year as I've seen him in the last 5 years. In fact, if the Rams have indeed been shopping him recently, then it's a stroke of genius that they've been saving some wear on his tires for this year by throwing Richardson in there to spell him more than he has at any other point in his career. It would suggest that Jackson will actually have some gas left in the tank when December/January rolls around.

I think the world of Steven Jackson. At this point, I'd just like to see him FINALLY get some of the respect he's due from the MSM by being on a playoff contender. If he were in Green Bay and went with them deep into the playoffs, he'd be the biggest story of the NFL. On any other team but the suck rump Rams for the last 8 years, he's immediately thought of as one of the top 3 backs in the league perenially. Not only that, but he's been the perfect teammate for y-e-a-r-s on some of the worst NFL teams you've ever seen. He deserves a chance on a winner. I know he'll have his shot to go somewhere next year of his own choice, but I hope he gets his shot at a title sooner rather than later. I'd love for it to be in STL, but that's not happening in the next 2-3 years...and SJ ain't gonna be the man for that much longer.

QB: M Ryan*
RB: R Rice*/T Richardson*/K Moreno*/R Bush/B Wells
WR: V Cruz*/D Alexander*/E Decker/G Jennings
TE: A Hernandez*
DST: Texans/Broncos/Browns (???)
K: M Bryant*

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 12:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3211
Donate
sea.gif
I hope this means they run SJAX heavily and showcase his receiving skills out of the backfield and some goal line work too would be nice! SJAX and Greene are my RBs today, ouch! C'mon show GB what they could have with SJAX!

The "Draft better than the other guys in your league" strategy.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 12:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17399
Donate
atl.gif
jerexter wrote:
I hope this means they run SJAX heavily and showcase his receiving skills out of the backfield and some goal line work too would be nice! SJAX and Greene are my RBs today, ouch! C'mon show GB what they could have with SJAX!

I think they know.

Kind of sad to me. Sjax has given so much to this franchise with such little success. Hopefully if he is moved, he will land on a contender. He deserves that.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 12:50 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1555
Donate
As an SJax owner, I heartily approve of a GB trade...

Olsen, Miller
Gould
Panthers

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 16:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39016
Donate
pit.gif
marty1841 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
brignatious wrote:

I seriously doubt the rams asking price is a 2nd round pick if they were dealing him. Your talking about giving a 2nd round pick whos a free agent next year, he wil be 30 and is having a down year. restructuring his contract tell everybody he isnt a ram next year, so they have shown there hand here. i could see something closer to what Lynch was traded for and that might be asking a little to much. 2nd rounder is way to high.

@everyone else, not saying it cant happen, but green bay is a team that builds through the draft they value there picks more than most teams. They also went 15-1 with a bd rb situation, I dont see GB doing this unless the price is phenominal and even then I doubt it.

Last edited by rugger48 on Sun 10.21.2012, 16:38, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 16:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 3948
Donate
dal.gif
I wouldn't trade for Sjax for higher than a 4th....you get a 1/2 season for renting him, too steep for what they will use him for there, they don't run the ball and they have Green until Benson comes back...and I am a huge Sjax fan

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 16:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 18201
Donate
sd.gif
Griffimo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:
brignatious wrote:

I don't see any team meeting the Rams asking price.

Depends on how desperate they get w/ him set to walk if they don't settle for a trade.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 11:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4592
Donate
dal.gif
Honestly, as an SJAX owner I'd love to see him go to GB.

Regardless, the Rams aren't going to do anything this year and are going to end up getting NOTHING for the man if they just hold tight. Hopefully they send him somewhere that he can at least show what he's got left (12 carries a game isn't even probably phasing him even at this point in his career).

This is a situation I wouldn't be too stunned to see Coach Hoodie work his magic and turn SJAX into a Patriot; not sure I like that situation from a fantasy perspective though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next