FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.24.2014, 16:36

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:15 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1300
Donate
Goes down with some kind of leg injury then you hear he gets carted off to the locker room then the next thing you know he is on crutches. I'm thinking he is out at least a few weeks. Whats everybody hearing? These are the kinds of waiver wire transactions that make you beg for butter milk like a 10 year old boy. Another week another back goes down

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21822
Donate
ne.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Goes down with some kind of leg injury then you hear he gets carted off to the locker room then the next thing you know he is on crutches. I'm thinking he is out at least a few weeks. Whats everybody hearing? These are the kinds of waiver wire transactions that make you beg for butter milk like a 10 year old boy. Another week another back goes down

I didn't see it. What did it look like? Any time you hear they carted him off and then he returned in a walking boot on crutches in street clothes, that can't be good. Only update I've found so far, from rotoworld:

Quote:
Coach Mike Mularkey said he doesn't know how long Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) will be out. Mularkey made the comments immediately following Sunday's overtime loss to the Raiders. He said he doesn't know the extent of Jones-Drew's injury, but did say the walking boot was "precautionary." Jones-Drew watched the second half and overtime in street clothes while using crutches. Talented backup Rashad Jennings racked up 102 total yards and a touchdown in relief.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:23 
Mako Shark

Donate
Jcb890 wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:

I didn't see it. What did it look like? Any time you hear they carted him off and then he returned in a walking boot on crutches in street clothes, that can't be good. Only update I've found so far, from rotoworld:

Quote:
Coach Mike Mularkey said he doesn't know how long Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) will be out. Mularkey made the comments immediately following Sunday's overtime loss to the Raiders. He said he doesn't know the extent of Jones-Drew's injury, but did say the walking boot was "precautionary." Jones-Drew watched the second half and overtime in street clothes while using crutches. Talented backup Rashad Jennings racked up 102 total yards and a touchdown in relief.

From what I saw of the injury it really was not that bad looking but from the actions taken after the hit it can't be that good. Like I said, probably out at least a few weeks and maybe done for the year?

They don't always announce that a player is done for the year right after injury but more should be known as the week goes on.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20538
Donate
sf.gif
The play didnt look bad...i thought he had a chance to comeback but idk could be worse then it looked. Something that crosses my mind in a situation like this is $$ they didnt want to pay him...i can see him milking an injury just because...you never know how people are thinking.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
The play didnt look bad...i thought he had a chance to comeback but idk could be worse then it looked. Something that crosses my mind in a situation like this is $$ they didnt want to pay him...i can see him milking an injury just because...you never know how people are thinking.

MJD comes across as a guy who would tape it up and go back out there if he could though. He's never played soft and I dont think he'd do that to the team, do you?

Plus, wasn't it early in the game that it happened? You would think they'd want to get him back out there if they could. It wasnt a blowout or anything.

Last edited by Jcb890 on Sun 10.21.2012, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:29 
Mako Shark

Donate
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

MJD comes across as a guy who would tape it up and go back out there if he could though. He's never played soft and I dont think he'd do that to the team, do you?

Why not? The guy ran his azz off last year and couldn't even get a good deal for it. Why should he have to do that in back to back seasons and maybe get the contract that he wants?

I don't think he is going to get the kind of money that the wants from the Jags, he comes back in the last 4 games of the season and tries to play as best as he can so he can get another contract some where else.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
ne.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

Why not? The guy ran his azz off last year and couldn't even get a good deal for it. Why should he have to do that in back to back seasons and maybe get the contract that he wants?

I don't think he is going to get the kind of money that the wants from the Jags, he comes back in the last 4 games of the season and tries to play as best as he can so he can get another contract some where else.

Unless he's got a serious injury I don't see him sitting out. He had 2 years left on his deal and got a bunch of upfront money. Too bad so sad. Why does he deserve a new contract with 2 years left on a current contract for doing his job? When the season began he seemed to be over it and ready to go to work I thought.

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:42 
Chum

Sand$: 111
Donate
At least till he gets a new contract. Or beats madden 13 and wins a Super Bowl with the jags.

Nicks, A. Brown, D. Moore and V. Brown
Pettigrew and Gonzo
Tucker
GB and STL DST

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:46 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1896
Donate
was.gif
god i just gave up ridley, crabtree, and leshure for him.........thought i was getting the steal trade of the year......now i think the douch i traded has visions of the future....

WR-AJ Green*, Garcon*, D-Jax*, Blackmon, Keene Allen
TE-Gronk*, G. Graham
K- Hartley*
DEF-Az*
25yrd Pass,10yrd rec/run ='s 1pt
TD ='s 6pts

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 20538
Donate
sf.gif
W
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:

Plus, wasn't it early in the game that it happened? You would think they'd want to get him back out there if they could. It wasnt a blowout or anything.

I dont question his toughness...never would. But i know hes still bitter from the contract dispute. Usually yea he would tape it up and go back in...i cant say how serious it is but dont think that players dont do that. I think Forte did the same last year. Players make business decision on the field all the time. This could be one...i know he didnt really look like he was in pain

PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:49 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1896
Donate
was.gif
i guess i'll be adding him to the long list of injured players i have rostered...........mjd*, gennings, nicks, t-rich, donald brown, fred davis, garcon.

](*,) :F :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: #-o :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) and more :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :oops:

WR-AJ Green*, Garcon*, D-Jax*, Blackmon, Keene Allen
TE-Gronk*, G. Graham
K- Hartley*
DEF-Az*
25yrd Pass,10yrd rec/run ='s 1pt
TD ='s 6pts

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 01:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39990
Donate
pit.gif
we wont really know til tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 06:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
This has all the feeling of a multiple week injury.

Mojo is a tough sob and wouldnt sit out with family at game unless serious.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 07:22 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12286
Donate
jax.gif
I agree. Probably a couple of weeks at least. I want him completely rested before he comes back. No need to rush him on a team that's going nowhere.

PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 08:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2010
Donate
dal.gif
a guy gets hurt and some question his heart right away? some of you guys need to take a break here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next