FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.24.2014, 16:36

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:15 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Wed 07.25.2012, 21:18
Posts: 608
Sand$: 1300
Donate
Goes down with some kind of leg injury then you hear he gets carted off to the locker room then the next thing you know he is on crutches. I'm thinking he is out at least a few weeks. Whats everybody hearing? These are the kinds of waiver wire transactions that make you beg for butter milk like a 10 year old boy. Another week another back goes down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:21 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.29.2012, 09:41
Posts: 9705
Sand$: 21822
Donate
ne.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Goes down with some kind of leg injury then you hear he gets carted off to the locker room then the next thing you know he is on crutches. I'm thinking he is out at least a few weeks. Whats everybody hearing? These are the kinds of waiver wire transactions that make you beg for butter milk like a 10 year old boy. Another week another back goes down


I didn't see it. What did it look like? Any time you hear they carted him off and then he returned in a walking boot on crutches in street clothes, that can't be good. Only update I've found so far, from rotoworld:

Quote:
Coach Mike Mularkey said he doesn't know how long Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) will be out. Mularkey made the comments immediately following Sunday's overtime loss to the Raiders. He said he doesn't know the extent of Jones-Drew's injury, but did say the walking boot was "precautionary." Jones-Drew watched the second half and overtime in street clothes while using crutches. Talented backup Rashad Jennings racked up 102 total yards and a touchdown in relief.

_________________
Debbie Downah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:23 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Wed 07.25.2012, 21:18
Posts: 608
Sand$: 1300
Donate
Jcb890 wrote:
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Goes down with some kind of leg injury then you hear he gets carted off to the locker room then the next thing you know he is on crutches. I'm thinking he is out at least a few weeks. Whats everybody hearing? These are the kinds of waiver wire transactions that make you beg for butter milk like a 10 year old boy. Another week another back goes down


I didn't see it. What did it look like? Any time you hear they carted him off and then he returned in a walking boot on crutches in street clothes, that can't be good. Only update I've found so far, from rotoworld:

Quote:
Coach Mike Mularkey said he doesn't know how long Maurice Jones-Drew (foot) will be out. Mularkey made the comments immediately following Sunday's overtime loss to the Raiders. He said he doesn't know the extent of Jones-Drew's injury, but did say the walking boot was "precautionary." Jones-Drew watched the second half and overtime in street clothes while using crutches. Talented backup Rashad Jennings racked up 102 total yards and a touchdown in relief.


From what I saw of the injury it really was not that bad looking but from the actions taken after the hit it can't be that good. Like I said, probably out at least a few weeks and maybe done for the year?

They don't always announce that a player is done for the year right after injury but more should be known as the week goes on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:24 
Online
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 07.13.2012, 16:47
Posts: 8904
Sand$: 20538
Donate
sf.gif
The play didnt look bad...i thought he had a chance to comeback but idk could be worse then it looked. Something that crosses my mind in a situation like this is $$ they didnt want to pay him...i can see him milking an injury just because...you never know how people are thinking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:27 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.29.2012, 09:41
Posts: 9705
Sand$: 21822
Donate
ne.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
The play didnt look bad...i thought he had a chance to comeback but idk could be worse then it looked. Something that crosses my mind in a situation like this is $$ they didnt want to pay him...i can see him milking an injury just because...you never know how people are thinking.


MJD comes across as a guy who would tape it up and go back out there if he could though. He's never played soft and I dont think he'd do that to the team, do you?

Plus, wasn't it early in the game that it happened? You would think they'd want to get him back out there if they could. It wasnt a blowout or anything.

_________________
Debbie Downah


Last edited by Jcb890 on Sun 10.21.2012, 23:30, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:29 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Wed 07.25.2012, 21:18
Posts: 608
Sand$: 1300
Donate
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
The play didnt look bad...i thought he had a chance to comeback but idk could be worse then it looked. Something that crosses my mind in a situation like this is $$ they didnt want to pay him...i can see him milking an injury just because...you never know how people are thinking.


MJD comes across as a guy who would tape it up and go back out there if he could though. He's never played soft and I dont think he'd do that to the team, do you?


Why not? The guy ran his azz off last year and couldn't even get a good deal for it. Why should he have to do that in back to back seasons and maybe get the contract that he wants?

I don't think he is going to get the kind of money that the wants from the Jags, he comes back in the last 4 games of the season and tries to play as best as he can so he can get another contract some where else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:34 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.29.2012, 09:41
Posts: 9705
Sand$: 21822
Donate
ne.gif
Fantasy 247 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
The play didnt look bad...i thought he had a chance to comeback but idk could be worse then it looked. Something that crosses my mind in a situation like this is $$ they didnt want to pay him...i can see him milking an injury just because...you never know how people are thinking.


MJD comes across as a guy who would tape it up and go back out there if he could though. He's never played soft and I dont think he'd do that to the team, do you?


Why not? The guy ran his azz off last year and couldn't even get a good deal for it. Why should he have to do that in back to back seasons and maybe get the contract that he wants?

I don't think he is going to get the kind of money that the wants from the Jags, he comes back in the last 4 games of the season and tries to play as best as he can so he can get another contract some where else.


Unless he's got a serious injury I don't see him sitting out. He had 2 years left on his deal and got a bunch of upfront money. Too bad so sad. Why does he deserve a new contract with 2 years left on a current contract for doing his job? When the season began he seemed to be over it and ready to go to work I thought.

_________________
Debbie Downah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:42 
Offline
Chum

Joined: Thu 10.22.2009, 13:41
Posts: 38
Sand$: 111
Donate
At least till he gets a new contract. Or beats madden 13 and wins a Super Bowl with the jags.

_________________
Team Sh*thouse
Big Ben, Rivers
AP , Bradshaw,Ridley, Dwyer and Mendenhall
Nicks, A. Brown, D. Moore and V. Brown
Pettigrew and Gonzo
Tucker
GB and STL DST


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:46 
Offline
HammerHead Shark

Joined: Tue 10.12.2004, 18:18
Posts: 824
Sand$: 1896
Donate
Location: colorado
was.gif
god i just gave up ridley, crabtree, and leshure for him.........thought i was getting the steal trade of the year......now i think the douch i traded has visions of the future....

_________________
12 team non ppr league; 1200$
QB-A. Rodgers*, Big Ben
RB-T. Rich*, McFadden*, Moreno, Ellington
WR-AJ Green*, Garcon*, D-Jax*, Blackmon, Keene Allen
TE-Gronk*, G. Graham
K- Hartley*
DEF-Az*
25yrd Pass,10yrd rec/run ='s 1pt
TD ='s 6pts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:47 
Online
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 07.13.2012, 16:47
Posts: 8904
Sand$: 20538
Donate
sf.gif
W
Jcb890 wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
The play didnt look bad...i thought he had a chance to comeback but idk could be worse then it looked. Something that crosses my mind in a situation like this is $$ they didnt want to pay him...i can see him milking an injury just because...you never know how people are thinking.


MJD comes across as a guy who would tape it up and go back out there if he could though. He's never played soft and I dont think he'd do that to the team, do you?

Plus, wasn't it early in the game that it happened? You would think they'd want to get him back out there if they could. It wasnt a blowout or anything.

I dont question his toughness...never would. But i know hes still bitter from the contract dispute. Usually yea he would tape it up and go back in...i cant say how serious it is but dont think that players dont do that. I think Forte did the same last year. Players make business decision on the field all the time. This could be one...i know he didnt really look like he was in pain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 10.21.2012, 23:49 
Offline
HammerHead Shark

Joined: Tue 10.12.2004, 18:18
Posts: 824
Sand$: 1896
Donate
Location: colorado
was.gif
i guess i'll be adding him to the long list of injured players i have rostered...........mjd*, gennings, nicks, t-rich, donald brown, fred davis, garcon.


](*,) :F :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: :censor: #-o :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) and more :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :Drink) :oops:

_________________
12 team non ppr league; 1200$
QB-A. Rodgers*, Big Ben
RB-T. Rich*, McFadden*, Moreno, Ellington
WR-AJ Green*, Garcon*, D-Jax*, Blackmon, Keene Allen
TE-Gronk*, G. Graham
K- Hartley*
DEF-Az*
25yrd Pass,10yrd rec/run ='s 1pt
TD ='s 6pts


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 01:56 
Online
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.22.2008, 08:18
Posts: 13367
Sand$: 39990
Donate
Location: Taking beer from your fridge
pit.gif
we wont really know til tuesday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 06:02 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 11.12.2004, 09:36
Posts: 7690
Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
This has all the feeling of a multiple week injury.

Mojo is a tough sob and wouldnt sit out with family at game unless serious.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 07:22 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 7150
Sand$: 12286
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
I agree. Probably a couple of weeks at least. I want him completely rested before he comes back. No need to rush him on a team that's going nowhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 10.22.2012, 08:14 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.11.2004, 17:57
Posts: 16573
Sand$: 2010
Donate
Location: cutting Jerry Jones brake lines
dal.gif
a guy gets hurt and some question his heart right away? some of you guys need to take a break here


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], fishfry, jnadke, Killa CAM CAN!!, rockluc, rugger48 and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group