Deangelo Williams

Post Reply  
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1014
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011
Sand$: 2,443.58
He seems to be the odd man out in Carolina. He has done almost nothing this season. I think it would actually be safe to say he has done nothing. I expect Stewart to get the majority of the snaps from here on out. Williams is almost un-rosterable at this point. But! With GM Marty Hurney being fired, is there a possibility that this guy gets traded? I know he has a huge contract and many teams wouldn't want to take on the salary. But would there be any teams out there in the market for this guy? Is there market for him? Where could he end up? I realize this is wishful thinking.
_______________________________________

12-team standard league
Team name: Victoria's Secret [7-6, 3-0 in playoffs, 1st place, thanks Kirk]
QB Cousins, Peyton
RB Gurley, Artis-Payne, Hill, Gillislee, Joique
WR Julio, Evans, Maclin, Floyd, Hilton
TE Reed
DEF Chiefs
K Boswell
Chum
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 2, 2012
Sand$: 88.00
Yermomza wrote:He seems to be the odd man out in Carolina. He has done almost nothing this season. I think it would actually be safe to say he has done nothing. I expect Stewart to get the majority of the snaps from here on out. Williams is almost un-rosterable at this point. But! With GM Marty Hurney being fired, is there a possibility that this guy gets traded? I know he has a huge contract and many teams wouldn't want to take on the salary. But would there be any teams out there in the market for this guy? Is there market for him? Where could he end up? I realize this is wishful thinking.

Seems more likely that Stewart will get hurt than Williams will get traded, but you never know I guess. Everything in Carolina is a huge mess right now.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35611
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 5,202.11
DWill won't be in Carolina next year. Only this year is guaranteed. If they can trick someone into trading something for him, by all means they should accept the offer.

DWill's contract is a perfect example of why guys shouldn't get paid on what they DID. Hurney made a fatal mistake by making decisions based on emotion and loyalty, rather than accepting the harsh reality that guys get old and stop producing (see Delhomme)
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 22855
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005
Sand$: 5,506.00
endzoneview wrote:DWill won't be in Carolina next year. Only this year is guaranteed. If they can trick someone into trading something for him, by all means they should accept the offer.

DWill's contract is a perfect example of why guys shouldn't get paid on what they DID. Hurney made a fatal mistake by making decisions based on emotion and loyalty, rather than accepting the harsh reality that guys get old and stop producing (see Delhomme)
this is probably the biggest reason he's gone.
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 4,925.78
I really don't know why they lean on Cam so much with two quality every down backs #-o
_______________________________________

Could be better...Could be worse
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 35611
Joined: Sun Aug 2, 2009
Sand$: 5,202.11
csbwsp79 wrote:I really don't know why they lean on Cam so much with two quality every down backs #-o


No one does

They are 24th in rushing attempts despite only being blown out 1 game this year. Every other game has been a one possession difference. Rivera is easily the first coach fired after the season.
User avatar
Whale Shark
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Nov 4, 2009
Sand$: 2,006.58
endzoneview wrote:
csbwsp79 wrote:I really don't know why they lean on Cam so much with two quality every down backs #-o


No one does

They are 24th in rushing attempts despite only being blown out 1 game this year. Every other game has been a one possession difference. Rivera is easily the first coach fired after the season.

Chan Gailey won't be far behind.
_______________________________________

Cursed Bills Fan
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 9930
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007
Sand$: 21,569.64
Jonathan Stewart - RB - Panthers

The Associated Press confirms coach Ron Rivera planned to use Jonathan Stewart as the "clear featured back" in Week 7 versus the Cowboys.
Source: Associated Press
Oct 23 - 2:46 PM
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31868
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 11,005.66
raynman wrote:
endzoneview wrote:DWill won't be in Carolina next year. Only this year is guaranteed. If they can trick someone into trading something for him, by all means they should accept the offer.

DWill's contract is a perfect example of why guys shouldn't get paid on what they DID. Hurney made a fatal mistake by making decisions based on emotion and loyalty, rather than accepting the harsh reality that guys get old and stop producing (see Delhomme)
this is probably the biggest reason he's gone.


your boy didnt have much to do about it throwing him under the bus though? He has shown the class the dignity and the leadership and maturity that i expected when we had those discussions on his rookie year. After enough film is out there on him, teams have begun to adjust accordingly...as i guessed. However, if his maturity and heart can some day catch up to his physical skills, you may have a HOF'er. Without those intangibles i mentioned, he won't improve much going forward.
_______________________________________

ImageImage
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 31868
Joined: Sat Jul 9, 2005
Sand$: 11,005.66
csbwsp79 wrote:I really don't know why they lean on Cam so much with two quality every down backs #-o



do they..or are the majority of his run plays ad lib pass plays?
_______________________________________

ImageImage
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1983
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008
Sand$: 6,090.44
Image
_______________________________________

"We can't run. We can't pass. We can't stop the run. We can't stop the pass. We can't kick. Other than that, we're just not a very good football team right now." (Coslet)
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." (Lombardi)
Great White Shark
Posts: 2364
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008
Sand$: 6,387.32
pounddarock wrote:Image


lol nice
_______________________________________

Gates stadius?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3852
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011
Sand$: 9,465.52
Lol if one thing symbolizes fantasy football on this board in 2012:

DUMPSTER FIRE!! :lol:



:Drink)
_______________________________________

I'm already looking forward to 2017...
Great White Shark
Posts: 8204
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012
Sand$: 4,118.92
Dropping his rump this week. I have stewart.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44883
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,678.74
Fighting Amish wrote:
raynman wrote:
endzoneview wrote:DWill won't be in Carolina next year. Only this year is guaranteed. If they can trick someone into trading something for him, by all means they should accept the offer.

DWill's contract is a perfect example of why guys shouldn't get paid on what they DID. Hurney made a fatal mistake by making decisions based on emotion and loyalty, rather than accepting the harsh reality that guys get old and stop producing (see Delhomme)
this is probably the biggest reason he's gone.


[edited for hyper-analyzation].

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Streets0fcompton and 6 guests