FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 07.28.2014, 05:19

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:11 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3425
Donate
det.gif
We all know Jamal Charles can be a stud. Question is will he studliness continue with Brady Quinn as now the starter? Cassel was no stud, but at least he was decent enough. Quinn is awful and I fully expect the box to be stacked from here on out.

Even with a decent schedule ahead, should we be concerned about his production going forward?

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:14 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2424
Donate
Razor Sharp wrote:
We all know Jamal Charles can be a stud. Question is will he studliness continue with Brady Quinn as now the starter? Cassel was no stud, but at least he was decent enough. Quinn is awful and I fully expect the box to be stacked from here on out.

Even with a decent schedule ahead, should we be concerned about his production going forward?

he cant be any worse than tebow and look how well mcgahee did.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21192
Donate
ne.gif
Sjcman wrote:
Razor Sharp wrote:

he cant be any worse than tebow and look how well mcgahee did.

That is an awful comparison to make as Tebow's style of QB play is a much larger benefit to the RB.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
Did I miss something? Did Brady Quinn replace Aaron Rodgers or Matt Cassel?

The last time Matt Cassel scared a defense was never.

Non issue, imo.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:31 
Chum

Sand$: 82
Donate
nyj.gif
quinn looked real bad. hope he goes to bowe early and often.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4562
Donate
kc.gif
I agree it's a non-issue as to Jamal.

Brady, if anything, has a better arm and seems to throw the short passes more accurately, and may even hit jamal in stride so he can run after the short pass.

I do worry how it affects Bowe. Cassell loves him some Bowe. Locks onto him like a Patriot missile.
I may sit Bowe this week til we see how it plays out.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4886
Donate
dal.gif
hankrip wrote:

Non issue, imo.

The fact Charles owners like the OP and Bowe owners such as myself are concerned should tell you just how bad Quinn is...

Cassel is/was medicore.

Quinn is/was/always will be an AWFUL NFL qb.

I wish I had sold Bowe before the bye week.... :F

To say I don't understand the decision to continue on with Quinn is an understatement.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
kc.gif
infntnub wrote:
hankrip wrote:

Non issue, imo.

The fact Charles owners like the OP and Bowe owners such as myself are concerned should tell you just how bad Quinn is...

Cassel is/was medicore.

Quinn is/was/always will be an AWFUL NFL qb.

I wish I had sold Bowe before the bye week.... :F

To say I don't understand the decision to continue on with Quinn is an understatement.

Go look at Matt's numbers. He is well below mediocre.

He has been the proverbial dumpster fire.
Brady will be hard-pressed to underperform him.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 28294
Donate
dal.gif
Lateral move, less upside. As mediocre as Cassel is, he's better than Sex Boy. I can recall one game in Cleveland where Sex Boy wasn't a complete disaster. I think he threw for more yards in that game then all of his other games combined. If anything, I'd downgrade Bowe a hair. Charles will be fine.

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4886
Donate
dal.gif
hawkdogger wrote:

You really should have taken your own advice prior to writing that... as bad as Cassel sucks he's typically around 60% on completions. Quinn is lucky to be above 50% most days .. that's Tebow territory.

Outside of general accuracy Quinn lacks any type of a deepball threat; he can't throw it 20 yards. At least you know as a Bowe owner Cassel can and will chuck it deep (even to his team's own demise lol).

He'll underperform him, no worries of that. The fact he did nothing against a Tampa pass D ranked 30th gives me absolute faith he'll grossly underperform him, actually.

To repeat -> Cassel is medicore, but Quinn is AWFUL.

Cheers. :Drink)

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 10778
Donate
kc.gif
infntnub wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:

You really should have taken your own advice prior to writing that... as bad as Cassel sucks he's typically around 60% on completions. Quinn is lucky to be above 50% most days .. that's Tebow territory.

Outside of that Quinn lacks any type of a deepball threat; he can't throw it 20 yards. At least you know as a Bowe owner Cassel can and will chuck it deep (even to his team's own demise lol).

He'll underperform him, no worries of that. The fact he did nothing against a Tampa pass D ranked 30th gives me absolute faith he'll grossly underperform him, actually.

Matt Cassel has no arm strength. He has changed his mechanics in an attempt to put more velocity on the ball, and it has affected his accuracy. Once his accuracy suffered it became mental, and he has now lost his confidence. Quinn stepped on the field and it was a noticable upgrade. That's how craptastic this situation is

If you have not watched Chiefs games this season, from anything other than a fantasy viewpoint, it's hard to understand why the majority of fans want the change. Matt Cassel has been horrible this season.

I hope this allows Cassel to get his head straight, he gives the Chiefs, the better chance to win

Charles production doesn't change either way...I hope Quinn checks down to him a little more, and then actually hits him in the hands

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 11:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
kc.gif
10ball wrote:
infntnub wrote:
hawkdogger wrote:

Outside of that Quinn lacks any type of a deepball threat; he can't throw it 20 yards. At least you know as a Bowe owner Cassel can and will chuck it deep (even to his team's own demise lol).

Matt Cassel has no arm strength. He has changed his mechanics in an attempt to put more velocity on the ball, and it has affected his accuracy. Once his accuracy suffered it became mental, and he has now lost his confidence. Quinn stepped on the field and it was a noticable upgrade. That's how craptastic this situation is

If you have not watched Chiefs games this season, from anything other than a fantasy viewpoint, it's hard to understand why the majority of fans want the change. Matt Cassel has been horrible this season.

I hope this allows Cassel to get his head straight, he gives the Chiefs, the better chance to win

Charles production doesn't change either way...I hope Quinn checks down to him a little more, and then actually hits him in the hands

Cassel is ranked 33rd in the NFL in passer rating at a robust 66.2, trailing luminaries such as Tannehill and Sanchez. Dead lst in terms of staring QBs.

He has 5 TD passes to 9 picks, and a manly 6.5 yards per attempt, trumping only the inimitable Blaine Gabbert and Kevin (ow my ribs) Kolb.

He has also fumbled repeatedly in the red zone this year.

When he does complete a pass, it is generally off tarrget and either gets his receiver killed (Hi Dexter) or precludes any attempt at YAC.

I respectfully think your focus on completion percentage is incomplete at best. Even under that mertic, he's 26th among NFL starters.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/playe ... pletionPct

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 11:48 

Sand$: 95059
Donate
Elite rbs produce regardless of the situation

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 12:22 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 3729
Donate
was.gif
Is Hillis worth picking up? I drafted and dropped him and I'm scratching and clawing for RBs....

QBs = Stafford
RBs = R. Bush, B. Tate, L. Bell, D. Brown, D. Johnson, (inj = D. Martin, D. Wilson)
WRs = B. Marshall, J. Gordon, K. Allen, T. Smith, James Jones
TEs = Witten, H. Miller
Def = 49ers
K = Prater

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 12:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 21192
Donate
ne.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Elite rbs produce regardless of the situation

Yes and no. If KC is getting blown out of each game, are they going to feed Charles 20-30 times per game still? Probably not, they would be stupid to do that to their best player.