FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 23:02

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:54 
Chum

Sand$: 137
Donate
Doug Martin Trent Richardson? I'm in a keeper auction league PPR and have Trent Richardson for the next five years. Doug Martin was drafted for cheaper also for 5 years. Should I be feeling good about getting Trent or does Doug has more long term value?

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 09:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26576
Donate
sf.gif
Id probably go with the Oakland California boy...DMart but that's just me. Id most people to take Trent and I don't blame them for it...

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:24 
Chum

Donate
With the couple minor injuries that Trent has had do you guys think his "toughness" has been tested and how has he handled it because from his rib injury it looks like he couldn't perform, but guys like AP or Bradshaw play at high production hurt or not?

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:39 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 27333
Donate
dal.gif
That's tough. I think Martin will be the better back given 2 more years. There's something about watching him that reminds me of Shady or Rice during their rookie year(s). You can see the potential, it's just not completely developed yet. I'm probably going to get blasted for this, but I don't really see Richardson taking the same leap in development. Not to discredit Richardson, because I do think he'll be a great RB, there's just something I see in Martin that Richardson doesn't have. Can't quite put my finger on it yet...

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:51 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 516
Donate
nyg.gif
It's really tough to imagine what those two teams are going to look like in the next few years. I think Martin has Ray Rice upside, but I have no idea if Tampa Bay will gel into a system that supports an elite RB. For Richardson, he's already proven himself has an elite fantasy back, except that his rib injury is causing concern -- is it a fluke injury or a sign of thnigs to come?

If it's me, I'm taking the proven talent of Richardson, but I do think Martin is the safer option.

WR:Brown,Green,Wallace,Floyd,Decker
TE:Olsen,Donnell

10team ppr
QB:Wilson
RB:Foster,McCoy,Jennings,Robinson,Ivory
WR:Green,Hilton,Hopkins,Randle,Floyd
TE:Ertz

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:52 
Chum

Donate
Yeah I like Trent but I've seen those qualities in Martin too. I keep contemplating sending over a trade offer for Martin, something like Richardson/Welker for Martin/Marshall, don't want to make this a trade thread just thinking out loud. And I have Trent for 17.50 for five years and Martin is only 12.50 for five years. Who is tougher/less injury prone?

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 10:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25391
Donate
bal.gif
it's even either way. Richardson or Martin....Just be glad you have one of them and ride the wave. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Tue 10.23.2012, 11:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26576
Donate
sf.gif
luisfitpro wrote:
Yeah I like Trent but I've seen those qualities in Martin too. I keep contemplating sending over a trade offer for Martin, something like Richardson/Welker for Martin/Marshall, don't want to make this a trade thread just thinking out loud. And I have Trent for 17.50 for five years and Martin is only 12.50 for five years. Who is tougher/less injury prone?

I wouldn't question Martins toughness. But I don't really question Richardsons either. But no question Martin is a tough lil runt...I like the Rice comparison too. I think Schiano coached Rice at Rutgers and said the samething. I think he will be used in the same way in the future...Trent has a lot of pressure to succeed too...