FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 11.25.2014, 19:20

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon 10.29.2012, 22:10 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 110
Donate
min.gif
What do you think, will he be the main man in PIT from here on out?

PostPosted: Mon 10.29.2012, 22:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6771
Donate
chi.gif
nah

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79RMGLT

PostPosted: Mon 10.29.2012, 22:19 
SandShark

Sand$: 308
Donate
From Pittsburgh and I love the smash mouth way Dwyer runs but when mendenhall is completely healthy at best for dwyers value is they will split. I don't see Dwyer finishing the year as the lone back with that style as he has been hurt twice this year already. One bad game or fumble and the reins go back to mendenhall. I'd rather own mendenhall then Dwyer the rest of the year

RB Gerhart
WR AJ Green
WR Djax
WR Maclin
Flex Mike Wallace
TE D.Allen
D Patriots

Lamar Miller, Steven Jackson, James Starks, Knile Davis
Justin Hunter,Andre Caldwell, Cody Latemir
Kelce

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 06:03 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1747
Donate
pit.gif
To repeat my last post from the Redskins/Steelers thread:

I don't see it happening. Mendenhall is a first-round draft pick. The Steelers invested heavily in him, and they'll run him until the wheels fall off. He's going to remain the starter this season as long as he's healthy.

He's a free agent after this season, IIRC. I can see the Steelers deciding to give Dwyer his shot to start then.

12-team, redraft+1kp, non-ppr, start 9: QB, 1-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE, K, DST

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 06:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7981
Donate
jax.gif
garsh wrote:

I don't see it happening. Mendenhall is a first-round draft pick. The Steelers invested heavily in him, and they'll run him until the wheels fall off. He's going to remain the starter this season as long as he's healthy.

He's a free agent after this season, IIRC. I can see the Steelers deciding to give Dwyer his shot to start then.

I'd say they are more invested in winning the division and making playoffs than a mediocre 1st rd pick from couple yrs ago. Its in their best interest to start the RB that runs hard and not the one that spins like a drunk ballerina.

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 06:48 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5419
Donate
pit.gif
Both Dwyer and Mendy are serviceable in the offense they are running and given the sorry state of their O-line, actually look better than I thought they would.

Mendy will be back next year if they can sign him to a reasonable deal but they won't give him anything remotely close to what Forte, Bush etc. got and by that I mean - starting RB money. Their off season focus and cap $'s are going to be spent from a priority standpoint on trying to sign Wallace and sure up their defensive secondary.

Worst case, they'll go with Dwyer, Redmond, Rainey and probably a rookie they'll draft to replace Mendy.

Mendy has a future in the NFL but I see him moving on to another team next year.

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 08:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8675
Donate
chi.gif
I always backed Dwyer as the future for Pittsburgh. It won't change after the last few weeks. Dwyer gives Pittsburgh the kind of running game they want and need. He will only be better. I think the lack of TD's is what makes him a "duh" for FF:ers but on the real field he is exactly what that offense need. Mendenhal never played up to his draft position. He's a black and gold version of Shoon Green.

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 08:39 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 258
Donate
dal.gif
A beat writer for the Steelers says that there is a controversy only if Dwyer is not the starter. http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/b498947b-c0fb-482b-b24c-75f60d5854e0/?source=twitter. I dropped him a few weeks ago but picked him back up when I saw Mendy and Redman out. He has been a pleasant surprise. He is averaging a yard more than Mendy or Redman. Not sure if he will remain starter but I will continue to monitor situation.

TEs Cameron, Green
K Prater
Def Panthers, Rams

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 08:55 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55814
Donate
chi.gif
hankrip wrote:
garsh wrote:

I'd say they are more invested in winning the division and making playoffs than a mediocre 1st rd pick from couple yrs ago. Its in their best interest to start the RB that runs hard and not the one that spins like a drunk ballerina.

If I ever play as the Steelers on Madden I try to begin and end every run play with a spin move.

I like to play as true to life as possible.

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 09:18 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
My pops is a huge steeler fan from the old days till now. He only wants a Jerome Bettis/ Franco type runner like ever.

Willie parker, too small only has quicks, mendenhall, too small and only has quicks, basically any runningback he sees under 230 to 240 is too small and shouldn't play for us. Damn, what he's done for us in three years prior to his injury.

Will he be the man? I personally don't think so. I mean he's come in and did what was asked of him, but you have to remember he's third string for a reason. I think Mendy and redman will reassume their roles as 1 and 2, and dywer splits more time with redman.

Liked how he's ran these 2 games but both defenses were suspect to say the least. I don't think he takes redman and mendy from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3. Atleast this year. Just my opinion thus far

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 09:24 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55814
Donate
chi.gif
allen3388 wrote:
My pops is a huge steeler fan from the old days till now. He only wants a Jerome Bettis/ Franco type runner like ever.

Willie parker, too small only has quicks, mendenhall, too small and only has quicks, basically any runningback he sees under 230 to 240 is too small and shouldn't play for us. Damn, what he's done for us in three years prior to his injury.

Will he be the man? I personally don't think so. I mean he's come in and did what was asked of him, but you have to remember he's third string for a reason. I think Mendy and redman will reassume their roles as 1 and 2, and dywer splits more time with redman.

Liked how he's ran these 2 games but both defenses were suspect to say the least. I don't think he takes redman and mendy from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3. Atleast this year. Just my opinion thus far

He was 3rd strign because he came in behind an established back. And then he came in fat. This off-season he stayed in shape for the first time in his career, and now it's paying off.

He's running better than either of those two. He's earned at least a role. Will he be the bellcow? Maybe, maybe now. Mendenhall will still get carries, although coming back for one game then going out with an injury again can't really make the team want to rely on him.

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 09:42 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8026
Donate
pit.gif
I predict Dwyer gets the majority of the carries. You had the worst rushing offense in the league and you found production. You can say Tomlin is loyal. You can say Mendenhall is a first round pick, whatever. Common sense comes into play.

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 10:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15661
Donate
The Steelers are a passing team.

When all their RBs are healthy, it will be a committee.

Although from what I've seen, Dwyer is their best runner.

Stafford
McKinnon, Hill, Sims, Latavius, Hyde, PT
Alshon, DePunk, Martavis, Wallace, Davante, Hogan, Moncrief, Latimer
Rivera
DET, KCC

Lost to INJ: Cruz, Cooks

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 10:37 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 110
Donate
min.gif
You guys aren't making this easy on me :-k , I have been offered Gronk and Dwyer for Charles and Gates. I have Sproles and Leshoure as other rbs. If I knew Dwyer was going to be the man, I would take the deal no doubt.

PostPosted: Tue 10.30.2012, 10:46 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15661
Donate
Fox wrote:
You guys aren't making this easy on me :-k , I have been offered Gronk and Dwyer for Charles and Gates. I have Sproles and Leshoure as other rbs. If I knew Dwyer was going to be the man, I would take the deal no doubt.

Very few RBs are "the man" these days.

But who says Mendy is every going to be healthy. Dwyer has proved he can be productive as "the man."

Interesting trade. If you think Charles and Gronk is a wash, the rest of it is Dwyer for Gates.

I think I might take it. Especially since Charles' production has become so unpredictable week-to-week. You know what you're getting with Gronk.

And you know what you're getting with Gates: some people would trade him for a can of Pringles.

Stafford
McKinnon, Hill, Sims, Latavius, Hyde, PT
Alshon, DePunk, Martavis, Wallace, Davante, Hogan, Moncrief, Latimer
Rivera
DET, KCC

Lost to INJ: Cruz, Cooks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next