Is Jonathan Dwyer the man now?

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 110.00
What do you think, will he be the main man in PIT from here on out?

Fantasy Sharks Mako Shark League 5, Really Rottens
Sac City Indian Fantasy Football (money) League, Really Rottens
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,803.36
nah
SandShark
Sand$: 308.00
From Pittsburgh and I love the smash mouth way Dwyer runs but when mendenhall is completely healthy at best for dwyers value is they will split. I don't see Dwyer finishing the year as the lone back with that style as he has been hurt twice this year already. One bad game or fumble and the reins go back to mendenhall. I'd rather own mendenhall then Dwyer the rest of the year

12 team PPR
QB Ryan
RB Lacy
RB Gerhart
WR AJ Green
WR Djax
WR Maclin
Flex Mike Wallace
TE D.Allen
D Patriots

Lamar Miller, Steven Jackson, James Starks, Knile Davis
Justin Hunter,Andre Caldwell, Cody Latemir
Kelce
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,773.82
To repeat my last post from the Redskins/Steelers thread:

I don't see it happening. Mendenhall is a first-round draft pick. The Steelers invested heavily in him, and they'll run him until the wheels fall off. He's going to remain the starter this season as long as he's healthy.

He's a free agent after this season, IIRC. I can see the Steelers deciding to give Dwyer his shot to start then.

QB: Taylor, Hoyer TE: Olsen, Miller K: Gould DST: ATL
RB: Gordon, J.Bell, Mathews, Helu, K.Robinson, Polk
WR: D.Thomas, C.Johnson, Diggs, Montgomery
12-team, redraft+1kp, non-ppr, start 9: QB, 1-3RB, 2-4WR, 1-3TE, K, DST
Great White Shark
Sand$: 41,085.02
garsh wrote:To repeat my last post from the Redskins/Steelers thread:

I don't see it happening. Mendenhall is a first-round draft pick. The Steelers invested heavily in him, and they'll run him until the wheels fall off. He's going to remain the starter this season as long as he's healthy.

He's a free agent after this season, IIRC. I can see the Steelers deciding to give Dwyer his shot to start then.

I'd say they are more invested in winning the division and making playoffs than a mediocre 1st rd pick from couple yrs ago. Its in their best interest to start the RB that runs hard and not the one that spins like a drunk ballerina.

Megalodon
Sand$: 18,428.12
Both Dwyer and Mendy are serviceable in the offense they are running and given the sorry state of their O-line, actually look better than I thought they would.

Mendy will be back next year if they can sign him to a reasonable deal but they won't give him anything remotely close to what Forte, Bush etc. got and by that I mean - starting RB money. Their off season focus and cap $'s are going to be spent from a priority standpoint on trying to sign Wallace and sure up their defensive secondary.

Worst case, they'll go with Dwyer, Redmond, Rainey and probably a rookie they'll draft to replace Mendy.

Mendy has a future in the NFL but I see him moving on to another team next year.

Megalodon
Sand$: 28,832.96
I always backed Dwyer as the future for Pittsburgh. It won't change after the last few weeks. Dwyer gives Pittsburgh the kind of running game they want and need. He will only be better. I think the lack of TD's is what makes him a "duh" for FF:ers but on the real field he is exactly what that offense need. Mendenhal never played up to his draft position. He's a black and gold version of Shoon Green.

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P Sean "CleffedUp" Vostinar and Mark "Broncogeek" Shaffer.
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 268.72
A beat writer for the Steelers says that there is a controversy only if Dwyer is not the starter. http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/b498947b-c0fb-482b-b24c-75f60d5854e0/?source=twitter. I dropped him a few weeks ago but picked him back up when I saw Mendy and Redman out. He has been a pleasant surprise. He is averaging a yard more than Mendy or Redman. Not sure if he will remain starter but I will continue to monitor situation.

QBs Kaepernick, Roethlisberger
RBs Forte, Hyde, Vereen, Randle, Asiata & D Brown
WRs Evans, Hopkins, Landry
TEs Olsen, J. Thomas
K Hauska
Def Chiefs, Giants
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 55,013.84
hankrip wrote:
garsh wrote:To repeat my last post from the Redskins/Steelers thread:

I'd say they are more invested in winning the division and making playoffs than a mediocre 1st rd pick from couple yrs ago. Its in their best interest to start the RB that runs hard and not the one that spins like a drunk ballerina.

If I ever play as the Steelers on Madden I try to begin and end every run play with a spin move.

I like to play as true to life as possible.

Bitter god of Monday morning
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,837.98
My pops is a huge steeler fan from the old days till now. He only wants a Jerome Bettis/ Franco type runner like ever.

Willie parker, too small only has quicks, mendenhall, too small and only has quicks, basically any runningback he sees under 230 to 240 is too small and shouldn't play for us. Damn, what he's done for us in three years prior to his injury.

Will he be the man? I personally don't think so. I mean he's come in and did what was asked of him, but you have to remember he's third string for a reason. I think Mendy and redman will reassume their roles as 1 and 2, and dywer splits more time with redman.

Liked how he's ran these 2 games but both defenses were suspect to say the least. I don't think he takes redman and mendy from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3. Atleast this year. Just my opinion thus far

QB- Wilson, rivers
HB- Gore, Hyde, DMC, Martin, rainey, stacy, ball
Wr- AJ, Lafell, Sanu, wright, britt, amendola, torrey smith
Te- Graham, Jenkins
Idp- Anthony Barr
Def- Chiefs
Taxi, Cobb, turbin, Oliver
WR-Lockett, perriman, marquis lee
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 55,013.84
allen3388 wrote:My pops is a huge steeler fan from the old days till now. He only wants a Jerome Bettis/ Franco type runner like ever.

Willie parker, too small only has quicks, mendenhall, too small and only has quicks, basically any runningback he sees under 230 to 240 is too small and shouldn't play for us. Damn, what he's done for us in three years prior to his injury.

Will he be the man? I personally don't think so. I mean he's come in and did what was asked of him, but you have to remember he's third string for a reason. I think Mendy and redman will reassume their roles as 1 and 2, and dywer splits more time with redman.

Liked how he's ran these 2 games but both defenses were suspect to say the least. I don't think he takes redman and mendy from 1 and 2 to 2 and 3. Atleast this year. Just my opinion thus far

He was 3rd strign because he came in behind an established back. And then he came in fat. This off-season he stayed in shape for the first time in his career, and now it's paying off.

He's running better than either of those two. He's earned at least a role. Will he be the bellcow? Maybe, maybe now. Mendenhall will still get carries, although coming back for one game then going out with an injury again can't really make the team want to rely on him.

Bitter god of Monday morning
Megalodon
Sand$: 7,096.22
I predict Dwyer gets the majority of the carries. You had the worst rushing offense in the league and you found production. You can say Tomlin is loyal. You can say Mendenhall is a first round pick, whatever. Common sense comes into play.
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,711.64
The Steelers are a passing team.

When all their RBs are healthy, it will be a committee.

Although from what I've seen, Dwyer is their best runner.

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
Leopard Shark
Sand$: 110.00
You guys aren't making this easy on me :-k , I have been offered Gronk and Dwyer for Charles and Gates. I have Sproles and Leshoure as other rbs. If I knew Dwyer was going to be the man, I would take the deal no doubt.

Fantasy Sharks Mako Shark League 5, Really Rottens
Sac City Indian Fantasy Football (money) League, Really Rottens
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,711.64
Fox wrote:You guys aren't making this easy on me :-k , I have been offered Gronk and Dwyer for Charles and Gates. I have Sproles and Leshoure as other rbs. If I knew Dwyer was going to be the man, I would take the deal no doubt.

Very few RBs are "the man" these days.

But who says Mendy is every going to be healthy. Dwyer has proved he can be productive as "the man."

Interesting trade. If you think Charles and Gronk is a wash, the rest of it is Dwyer for Gates.

I think I might take it. Especially since Charles' production has become so unpredictable week-to-week. You know what you're getting with Gronk.

And you know what you're getting with Gates: some people would trade him for a can of Pringles.

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls