Megalodon
Sand$: 39,158.22
For who?
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 399.72
sounds like draft picks no word yet
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 399.72
Patriots acquired CB Aqib Talib from the Buccaneers.
A living, breathing trade. The Bucs' return compensation is unknown at this point, but it's a power move from the Pats, and further house cleaning from hard-nosed Bucs coach Greg Schiano. Currently on the last week of a four-game suspension for violating the league's PED policy, Talib is in the midst of a solid season despite getting absolutely throttled by Hakeem Nicks in Week 2. A free agent at season's end, Talib's off-the-field issues are well-documented, but he's still only 26 years old, and has shutdown corner upside. He should vastly improve what's been one of the league's worst secondaries each of the past two seasons.
Megalodon
Sand$: 51,087.86
If the Pats gave up much, I don't like this trade. Most likely Talib will not be liked by Belichick, won't be re-signed and might not even see the field if he's not going to get his act together and fall in line, which I don't see happening.

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
Megalodon
Sand$: 35,938.26
When is Talib's suspension done?

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=329576
10th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,960.60
Jcb890 wrote:If the Pats gave up much, I don't like this trade. Most likely Talib will not be liked by Belichick, won't be re-signed and might not even see the field if he's not going to get his act together and fall in line, which I don't see happening.

if any of this was true, the trade would have never happened.
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,960.60
625james wrote:When is Talib's suspension done?

last week of it.

last year of his contract and its the pats, cant imagine more than a 4th and conditional pick maybe.
Megalodon
Couldn't be picks...good teams don't trade picks
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,740.78
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Couldn't be picks...good teams don't trade picks

Ever heard the term, "The exception that proves the rule"?

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,789.48

4th rounder for Randy Moss?

Good teams don't trade HIGH picks for crappy players, but good teams trade draft picks all the time.
Last edited by hard 10 on Thu 11.01.2012, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,828.16
rugger48 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:If the Pats gave up much, I don't like this trade. Most likely Talib will not be liked by Belichick, won't be re-signed and might not even see the field if he's not going to get his act together and fall in line, which I don't see happening.

Currently the Pats secondary still sucks, so this is a bold power move.

Bill Belichick likes buying projects. Apparently Brandon Lloyd wasn't as much of a project as he hoped.

Besides, the Pats have made a living in the Draft buying trash from other teams for cheap, driving up their stats in games, and then selling them off for a 1st / 2nd round pick.
Megalodon
hard 10 wrote:

4th rounder for Randy Moss?

Good teams don't trade HIGH picks for crappy players, but good teams trade draft picks all the time.

No i was being sarcastic lol...everyone said good teams don't trade picks and look the Pats do it
Last edited by Killa CAM CAN!! on Thu 11.01.2012, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 37,789.48
jnadke wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Currently the Pats secondary still sucks, so this is a bold power move.

Bill Belichick likes buying projects. Apparently Brandon Lloyd wasn't as much of a project as he hoped.

The Patriots don't love buying "projects," they love buying players who are undervalued for reasons that aren't related to their skills. And it's one of the reasons they're among the most successful teams in the league for the past decade+

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 14,828.16
hard 10 wrote:The Patriots don't love buying "projects," they love buying players who are undervalued for reasons that aren't related to their skills. And it's one of the reasons they're among the most successful teams in the league for the past decade+

They're still projects.

Looking at the Pats DEF schedule, they have an extremely fluffy next 4 weeks, and have a bye week to integrate Talib.

And a superb week 16 matchup.

I might pick them up.