FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 10.22.2014, 17:19

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 22:12 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 1140
Donate
pit.gif
Is this fair or foul that the away team has to fly in, arrive at the stadium, then fly out after the game? I think the NFL should just move the game as a second MNF game to accommodate both teams fairly. Yes, I am a Steelers fan, but I think that any team that has to fly in on game-day, arrive at the stadium, then fly out, is at a severe mental and possibly physical disadvantage. They don't get enough sleep, they don't have a decent warm-up and a player gets injured during warm-ups. I'm sorry, but the NFL needs to step in and make it fair FOR BOTH SIDES.

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 22:29 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15370
Donate
oak.gif
Why do the Steelers have to fly in on Sunday? What's stopping them from coming in earlier?

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 22:52 

Sand$: 50699
Donate
nyj.gif
Apes wrote:
Why do the Steelers have to fly in on Sunday? What's stopping them from coming in earlier?

No hotel rooms is what I read

Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 22:53 

Sand$: 50699
Donate
nyj.gif
CBecker1985 wrote:
Is this fair or foul that the away team has to fly in, arrive at the stadium, then fly out after the game? I think the NFL should just move the game as a second MNF game to accommodate both teams fairly. Yes, I am a Steelers fan, but I think that any team that has to fly in on game-day, arrive at the stadium, then fly out, is at a severe mental and possibly physical disadvantage. They don't get enough sleep, they don't have a decent warm-up and a player gets injured during warm-ups. I'm sorry, but the NFL needs to step in and make it fair FOR BOTH SIDES.

You know they aren't flying on Southwest Airlines, right?

They'll be more than comfortable for the 45 minute flight on their charter plane. It's not ideal, but you're overreacting

Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 22:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5413
Donate
dal.gif
The families that are now homeless due to Sandy must be pissed that the Steelers won't get to stay in a hotel room. From what I've heard, many Giants players have been displaced and are staying with teammates. It's a 4pm EST start so I think they'll be OK.

WR: V.Jax, A.Johnson, R.White, T.Williams, Gordon
TE: Ertz, Reed
K: Bailey
DST: Iggles, Ravens

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 22:58 
SandShark

Sand$: 308
Donate
Agree with above but from Pitt and they said the hotel they booked does not have electric

RB Gerhart
WR AJ Green
WR Djax
WR Maclin
Flex Mike Wallace
TE D.Allen
D Patriots

Lamar Miller, Steven Jackson, James Starks, Knile Davis
Justin Hunter,Andre Caldwell, Cody Latemir
Kelce

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 23:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30072
Donate
dal.gif
Yeh the whole 1 hour 30 minutes flight time each way is going to be stressful. The flight home has no bearing on the game.

I'm sure the Steelers organization felt it better to not occupy any hotel rooms that victims of Sandy might need. It's a pure PR move, I'm sure both the owners and the NFL had a discussion on the best way to the handle the situation. There was even talk early in the week of letting the Steelers have the game at home if power couldn't be restored to Metlife Stadium.

PostPosted: Thu 11.01.2012, 23:55 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38920
Donate
pit.gif
CBecker1985 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Its 1.5 hours on a plane. they dont have to wait in lines at the airport and the game is at 4 pm there not losing any sleep, CALM DOWN. If anything I believe the Giants had to deal with alot more issues than the steelers have to.

PostPosted: Fri 11.02.2012, 00:01 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38920
Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
CBecker1985 wrote:

You know they aren't flying on Southwest Airlines, right?

They'll be more than comfortable for the 45 minute flight on their charter plane. It's not ideal, but you're overreacting

Steelers lose this game, op is gonna blame it on having to fly the same day.

PostPosted: Fri 11.02.2012, 00:01 
Chum

Sand$: 103
Donate
How dare that Hurricane Sandy mess up the plans of your Steelers. The nerve of Mother Nature.

PostPosted: Fri 11.02.2012, 04:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6614
Donate
sea.gif
Perhaps a re-evaluation of some Pitt offensive players is needed. I would think offensive guys are a bit more creatures of habit. The short flight shouldn't have that much of an effect, but who knows? G-mens' routines gotta be pretty shook up at the moment as well.
My guess on the game flow would be two-fold: the Giants come out playing with alot of emotion and either keep running away with it with their D-line pressure, or Pitt is able to keep an even keel and climb back in before halftime. Then an bit of an aerial shoot out in the second half, where Pitt has a chance.

However, having a built in excuse vs inspiration from tragedy has me leaning towards on a Giants romp. Not so much to do with the hotel thing, but that mental edge and home crowd energy.

Last edited by RotoMoto on Fri 11.02.2012, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 11.02.2012, 05:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 7037
Donate
pit.gif
It's not optimal but it's not going to be a factor in the game unless they are delayed in getting out of Pittsburgh Sunday morning and end up sitting on the runway here for a few hours.

Quote:
If anything I believe the Giants had to deal with alot more issues than the steelers have to.

Steeler allegiance aside, I agree with rugger48

PostPosted: Fri 11.02.2012, 05:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1317
Donate
tb.gif
Steelers are overrated this year anyways

:popcorn:

Stankweasels 3000 wrote:
Also, if any woman complains about the size of your package, there's one sure way to make her think it's too big....put it in the metered mail slot.

PostPosted: Fri 11.02.2012, 05:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 16342
Donate
atl.gif
trippwwf wrote:
Steelers are overrated this year anyways

:popcorn:

And your Buccaneers aren't? :thumbright:

Julio, Smith Sr., Wayne, Holmes
Walker/Reed
Gostkowski
KCC/PHI

PostPosted: Fri 11.02.2012, 06:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36062
Donate
mia.gif
CBecker1985 wrote:
I'm sorry, but the NFL needs to step in and make it fair FOR BOTH SIDES.

Maybe the NFL can manipulate the weather and cause New York to be :censor: up by a hurricane. Would that make it more fair?