FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 10.21.2014, 20:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 13:15 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 188
Donate
nyg.gif
I am thin at RB in one league and this guy was out there and I took him. I am thinking that the Raiders will be doing a whole lot of throwing in this one and it seems Palmer racks up big yards every week. The Saints aint exactly the 2000 Ravens. I think this could be a good week for this guy since he racks up so many catches and should get touches running as well. If the opponent were a top 10 D, I would dismiss all optimism, but this seems like a prime week for a one week wonder. Thoughts?

Timing is everything...

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 13:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4384
Donate
chi.gif
I'm starting him at Flex it appears, unless I decide to play Denarius Moore instead. He should be good for 10+ points in PPR.

WR: A.J. Green, Andre Johnson, D. Thomas, Antonio Brown, K. Allen
TE: Vernon Davis
D/ST: Chiefs
K: Suisham

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 13:24 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 326
Donate
I've already given my reasons as to why Reese is a decent play if you need a RB from the WW in the Darren McFadden Handcuff thread, but I think for PPR, Reese is a great play.

He's a converted WR so you know he can catch, not to mention, even when McFadden was in, he was getting worked in on short passes every now and then. Since McFadden has gone out, he's had 15 catches in the last two games, approaching ~100 total yardage each game. He's the RB to start in Oakland, for the time being.

I don't know if I would call him a goldmine per se, but he's a great PPR play IMO. And come on, this is against the Saints. Palmer will have to throw all day to keep it close.

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 13:41 
Chum

Sand$: 8
Donate
He's way more than a one week wonder. He's already had 2 very solid weeks in a row since being handed a bigger role. He should see at least one more big game against the Saints crappy D, and will be a big part of the Oakland offense even when McFadden and Goodson get back in the mix.

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 13:53 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 188
Donate
nyg.gif
Gleechbob wrote:
He's way more than a one week wonder. He's already had 2 very solid weeks in a row since being handed a bigger role. He should see at least one more big game against the Saints crappy D, and will be a big part of the Oakland offense even when McFadden and Goodson get back in the mix.

Is that YOU Marcel? :lol:

Just kidding, just kidding. I see him returning to his niche when McFadden comes back. This week could be the statistical outlier of his season, thats all I am trying to say. He has been serviceable the last few weeks and I think every so often he puts up a lot of catches and yards when the Raidizz go catch up mode.

Timing is everything...

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 14:06 
Chum

Sand$: 8
Donate
Ha ha. I picked up Reece last week and popped him in as my flex. I beat my opponent by 1 point in my PPR league, so I was feeling a tiny bit of waiver wire redemption as I'm still smarting over dropping Cobb in week 3 only to watch him go off. ](*,)

Last edited by Gleechbob on Wed 11.14.2012, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 14:07 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2339
Donate
Break out the gold pan brother cuz you hit pay dirt...!

You saw what Reece could do this past weekend. He was involved in the run game and in the passing game and he actually did well in both. Running, catching, cutting with speed and agility!

This weekend at least.... against the Saints... could turn those gold dusts into nuggets! Use him as a high flex and you'll reap the rewards! :food-smiley-004:

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 15:41 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 902
Donate
ne.gif
kmstyf wrote:
I'm starting him at Flex it appears, unless I decide to play Denarius Moore instead. He should be good for 10+ points in PPR.

In the same boat. I'm going with Reece.

WR: Megatron / A.Johnson / Wallace / Wayne / Quick / M.Jones
TE: Kelce / Miller
D/ST: DEN - K: Hauschka

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 17:00 
SandShark

Sand$: 140
Donate
Why do people keep saying when DMAC comes back? Don't you mean if? Didn't last year teach you guys anything? This guy is brittle and a historic slow healer.

On top of that he and Goodson are STILL in walking boots. High ankle sprains are nothing to joke about. I expect both of them to be out another 2 weeks minimum.

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 17:12 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2560
Donate
nyj.gif
The SPANKER wrote:
Why do people keep saying when DMAC comes back? Don't you mean if? Didn't last year teach you guys anything? This guy is brittle and a historic slow healer.

On top of that he and Goodson are STILL in walking boots. High ankle sprains are nothing to joke about. I expect both of them to be out another 2 weeks minimum.
This. Probably one of the worst non-season ending injuries for RBs especially for guys like McFadden, Forte, and Charles. Even when it is healed it will still be an issue for quite some time.

Anyway, their run schedule is pretty friendly the rest of the season and Reece should be good for 100 yards and a TD each game. I'm playing him in place of Bradshaw this week and depending on how things go maybe the remainder.

QB: Ryan, Brady
RB: Lacy, Jennings, Vereen, Ben Tate, Oliver
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, Cobb, Benjamin, Patterson
TE: D.Walker
Def: Chargers
K: Novak

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 17:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14501
Donate
I'm not so sure we can expect McFadden to miss more than one more week. Use Reece while you can, as I will be this week, with confidence.

Remember when Matt Forte supposedly had a HAS? He missed one game.

Don't worry about that, though. Pick up Reece if you still can and plug him in until DMC or Goodson returns. Whether it's one week or more, he can help you win a game.

And isn't one game usually the difference between making the playoffs or not, or the difference between seeds?

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 17:30 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2560
Donate
nyj.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
I'm not so sure we can expect McFadden to miss more than one more week. Use Reece while you can, as I will be this week, with confidence.

Don't worry about that, though. Pick up Reece if you still can and plug him in until DMC or Goodson returns. Whether it's one week or more, he can help you win a game.

And isn't one game usually the difference between making the playoffs or not, or the difference between seeds?
Hasn't it been officially confirmed that McFadden and Goodson both have HAS? Forte's was always speculation and was quickly (within a few days anyway) refuted by the Bears IIRC. I don't wish injury upon anyone but historically speaking it jives for McFadden. Don't know much about Goodson; he could be back sooner rather than later.

QB: Ryan, Brady
RB: Lacy, Jennings, Vereen, Ben Tate, Oliver
WR: D. Thomas, A. Brown, Cobb, Benjamin, Patterson
TE: D.Walker
Def: Chargers
K: Novak

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 17:35 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
frooglepoopillion wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:

Hasn't it been officially confirmed that McFadden and Goodson both have HAS? Forte's was always speculation and was quickly (within a few days anyway) refuted by the Bears IIRC. I don't wish injury upon anyone but historically speaking it jives for McFadden. Don't know much about Goodson; he could be back sooner rather than later.

I'm not a doctor, but you can check with The Champ or FBG's Dr. Jene Bramel on this one.

Apparently, McFadden has the same injury as Forte had, and technically it's not a HAS.

Russell
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 19:03 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2418
Donate
nfllogo.gif
What do you think of him in a non-PPR?

TE:Olsen,Reed
K:Brown
Def: Cincy
4/Pass TD, 6/all other TDs
Start: 2QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX(RB,WR,TE),K,Def

PostPosted: Wed 11.14.2012, 19:13 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
keeb97 wrote:
What do you think of him in a non-PPR?

Depends on your situation.

He's averaging 100 total yards the last two weeks.

Even if he doesn't score, that's 10 points.

So, depends on your other options. If an RB2 or FLEX getting you 10 points can help, he's usable.

Russell
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF