FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 13:36

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 10:14 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 1446
Donate
I don't know what it is but everyone who plays on Thursday night never lives up to their match-up potential. I picked up Donald Jones. Last 3 games this guy has been averagaging 15pts in my league. Last night against one of the worst pass defensive's in the league...3 focking pts! :F

However, I did like what I saw in the redzone. Fitz went to him twice. Dude just dropped both passes. So I won't cut him but I will be pissed if I lose this weekend

Julian Thomas,
Seahawks
Succup Bullock

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 10:24 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 3935
Donate
was.gif
I started SD's defense a couple weeks ago against KC. It was a good matchup on paper and it lived up to the hype....then again I started MIN Def the week before vs. TB and that didn't go so well so I understand your frustration. It's touch and go on Thursday night!

QBs = Brees, little Joey Flacco
RBs = Charles, P. Thomas, Ingram, K. Davis
WRs = A. Brown, R. White, C. Patterson, G. Tate, K. Benjamin, E. Royal
TEs = Kelce
Def = Bengals
K = Bailey

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 10:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14817
Donate
agame2323 wrote:
I don't know what it is but everyone who plays on Thursday night never lives up to their match-up potential. I picked up Donald Jones. Last 3 games this guy has been averagaging 15pts in my league. Last night against one of the worst pass defensive's in the league...3 focking pts! :F

However, I did like what I saw in the redzone. Fitz went to him twice. Dude just dropped both passes. So I won't cut him but I will be pissed if I lose this weekend

That's not quite accurate.

One pass was at the five, an off-target fast ball. Even if he had caught it, he wouldn't have scored on the play.

The other one was a tough catch under heavy defensive coverage. He could have caught it, yes, but I wouldn't consider it a drop.

As for Thursday Night Football, it's a pathetic joke. I saw something on the ESPN scroll (great company, by the way, ESPN) about Goodell reiterating his position about eliminating some exhibition games because, "It just does not meet the standard of quality that the NFL is all about."

Really? And these awful TNF games do meet that standard?

What a hypocrite.

Russell
LeSean, McKinnon, Oliver, PT, AndreW, Hill
Alshon, Wallace, DePunk, Cooks, Davante, Cordy
Cameron, ASJ
DET, BUF

Keepers: Cordy, Cutler (traded for DePunk)

Lost to INJ: Cruz

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 10:34 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4330
Donate
dal.gif
With the exception of the TB/MIN game, they have all been low scoring offensively. Unless I had a stud playing, I would not start a flex player on TNF. I would however start a DEF. I too started SD and was pleased and started MIN and got burned. But I would start a DEF again if it were a good matchup.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 10:50 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27998
Donate
chi.gif
Just don't like Thursday games in general. I'm just not ready yet. Complete money grab, and it diminishes the anticipation for Sunday.

HS, Friday. College, Saturday. NFL, Sunday. eos

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fn' muscle.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 10:56 
Chum

Sand$: 84
Donate
det.gif
agame2323 wrote:

I totally agree. Bowe last week, Bush this week.

I started Bush after reading how AWESOME he was gonna be against the 31st worst run D team, yadda, yadda, yadda.

3 points. I started him over Bowe, Mathews, Heyward-Bey & Starks. I'm a game out of first, if I lose by a few points I am going to spontaneously combust.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 11:01 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36778
Donate
car.gif
gballs1 wrote:
Just don't like Thursday games in general. I'm just not ready yet. Complete money grab, and it diminishes the anticipation for Sunday.

HS, Friday. College, Saturday. NFL, Sunday. eos

And don't forget college bleeding into Thursday nights also.

The college games on Friday are as much an abomination to me as NFL on Thursday.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 11:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14938
Donate
oak.gif
i also hate Thursday night football games,not enough time for teams to plan and playing on sunday and then playing again thursday with travel time included doesn't allow for nic'd up players to recover

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 11:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26576
Donate
sf.gif
whooligun wrote:
agame2323 wrote:

I totally agree. Bowe last week, Bush this week.

I started Bush after reading how AWESOME he was gonna be against the 31st worst run D team, yadda, yadda, yadda.

3 points. I started him over Bowe, Mathews, Heyward-Bey & Starks. I'm a game out of first, if I lose by a few points I am going to spontaneously combust.

I might as well drop Bush
didn't trade him when i had the chance...and I have Thomas

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 11:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1157
Donate
gb.gif
cubfaninar wrote:
With the exception of the TB/MIN game, they have all been low scoring offensively. Unless I had a stud playing, I would not start a flex player on TNF. I would however start a DEF. I too started SD and was pleased and started MIN and got burned. But I would start a DEF again if it were a good matchup.

I don't know why people keep saying this.

TNF:
TB/MN 53 Combined points
PIT/TN 49
KC/SD 44
NYG/CAR 43
CLE/BAL 39
IND/JAX 37
CHI/GB 33
MIA/BUF 33
The average of these 8 games is 41.375

MNF:
DEN/SD 59
CHI/DAL 52
DEN/ATL 48
PHI/NO 41
HOU/NYJ 40
KC/PIT 29
SF/ARI 27
GB/SEA 26
The average of these 8 games is 40.25. Nobody says don't start your players on MNF

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 11:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 19986
Donate
ne.gif
I think the NFL should move to Friday nights. Four days between games is too short. Five is at least closer to a week. I couldn't care less about college football, so don't really care how this affects all of that

pwbowen wrote:
I apologize for being the wet fart.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 11:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25286
Donate
ne.gif
Nobody is mentioning the fact that the majority of these Thursday Night games are just bad matchups and/or bad teams.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 11:56 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1430
Donate
dal.gif
cubfaninar wrote:

Agreed!

Has to be a stud for me, Martin a few weeks ago and Spiller last night wasn't terrible.

I love the Thursday night games, TV is horrible these days for the most part. Can not move it to Friday's as a large percent of football fans are occupied by HS games.

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 12:16 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 3935
Donate
was.gif
I look forward to seeing the posts in this thread after next week's game....

QBs = Brees, little Joey Flacco
RBs = Charles, P. Thomas, Ingram, K. Davis
WRs = A. Brown, R. White, C. Patterson, G. Tate, K. Benjamin, E. Royal
TEs = Kelce
Def = Bengals
K = Bailey

PostPosted: Fri 11.16.2012, 12:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 717
Donate
nfllogo.gif
fishfry wrote:
cubfaninar wrote:

I don't know why people keep saying this.

TNF:
TB/MN 53 Combined points (listed as the exception)
PIT/TN 49 (7 FGs, 4 offensive TDs)
KC/SD 44 (2 defensive TDs, 3 FGs. Three offensive TDs)
NYG/CAR 43 (5FGs, 4 offensive TDs)
CLE/BAL 39 (1 defensive TD, 4FGs. three offensive TDs)
IND/JAX 37 (1 defensive TD, 3 FGs. Three offensive TDs)
CHI/GB 33 (4FGs, 3 offensive TDs)
MIA/BUF 33 (2 defensive TDs, 4 FGs. One offensive TD)
The average of these 8 games is 41.375

Not listed above
SEA/SF: 19 total, 4FGs, one offensive TD
AZ/STL: 20 total, 2FGs, two offensive TDs

MNF:
DEN/SD 59
CHI/DAL 52
DEN/ATL 48
PHI/NO 41
HOU/NYJ 40
KC/PIT 29
SF/ARI 27
GB/SEA 26
The average of these 8 games is 40.25. Nobody says don't start your players on MNF

The statement is that these games are bad offensively. I posted above for the TNF games, excluding the TB/MIN game that was listed as the exception. The other 9 games combined have 6 defensive TDs and 36 FGs compared to 24 offensive TDs. On average of the 9 games, it comes out to .67 DST TDs, 4FGs, 2.67 OFF TDs per Thursday game.

To be fair, as Jcb890 mentioned, many of these games are also scheduled with teams that are not playing well in general.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 532 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next