Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,350.92
Jalen Parmele - RB - Jaguars

Coach Mike Mularkey confirmed Monday that he will stick with Jalen Parmele as the Jaguars' starting tailback in Week 12 versus Tennessee.
Rashad Jennings has been demoted due to ineffectiveness. The Titans do not have an imposing run defense, so Parmele will be on the flex radar after rushing 24 times for 80 yards and catching three passes against a stout Texans defense in Week 11. Although he's managed just 3.6 yards per carry in his career, Parmele ran a 4.47 forty at 6-foot, 222 during the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine. He's more of a straight-line runner in the Jackie Battle mold.
Source: Jaguars on Twitter
Nov 19 - 2:36 PM

I mentioned Parmele in the week 12 waiver pickup thread, but i think he's a player worth discussing. (Feel free to merge this with the MJD thread if that is better for housekeeping purposes)

Parmele seems to have leapfrogged Rashad Jennings for now. MJD is still a major question mark. There has been talk of MJD making it back in a few weeks, but foot injuries on RB's can be season killers. You never know if MJD will make it back at all. So... that leaves us with Parmele. He has a few plus matchups on the calendar and has fresh legs. He may not have special talent, but he could be pretty valuable if he keeps this kind of workload.

Can he be an asset for the fantasy playoffs? Maybe Henne opens up that offense a bit and Parmele can grind out some solid yardage? He seems to fit the mold of a short-yardage guy too and maybe can hit paydirt a couple times. Thoughts?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 305,050.89
Interesting.... And I'm glad to see the boy get another chance.

Image Image

Megalodon
Sand$: 18,429.66
He will get the opportunity as long as MJD is on the shelf and he doesn't blow it.

Since he's a starting RB he should be rostered in all 12-man leagues easily. If he's still on waivers after the blind bids go away I'll grab him for sure.

That said I'm not getting my hopes up. Yesterday was amazing for our offense, but it seems more like a fluke than anything.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,758.06
Markulous wrote:He will get the opportunity as long as MJD is on the shelf and he doesn't blow it.

Since he's a starting RB he should be rostered in all 12-man leagues easily. If he's still on waivers after the blind bids go away I'll grab him for sure.

That said I'm not getting my hopes up. Yesterday was amazing for our offense, but it seems more like a fluke than anything.
I dunno, they play some awful defenses in the next few weeks. Titans, Bills, and Jets.

12 Team .5 PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Dalton (streaming)
RB: Forsett, D.Murray, Woodhead, Bernard, Mathews, David Johnson
WR: Julio, Hopkins, Matthews, Parker
TE: Kelce, Eifert
Def: Jets
K: Franks (streaming)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,233.52
I agree he's rosterable just based on the fact he's starting, but is he more than a flex even with the schedule? Just wondering what the tank thinks in that regard.

10T Keeper (OBJ) - Finished 1st out of 10
Brees/AP/Martin/Calvin/Julio/OBJ/DWalker/Cata/DEN

14T - Finished 6th out of 14
Mariota/AP/LMurray/Amendola/Tate/Reed/Gore/Cata/NYJ
IR - Romo, Allen
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,591.54
infntnub wrote:I agree he's rosterable just based on the fact he's starting, but is he more than a flex even with the schedule? Just wondering what the tank thinks in that regard.

If you are getting a starting flex player off waivers in week 12, I think you should be happy. Don't go crazy hoping for too much. There have been a lot of cases that this happens and if it does you are golden.
Great White Shark
Yeah, I get what you're saying but I know nothing about the kid other than his upcoming schedule. I wasn't sure if he was someone they had high hopes for during camp and just hasn't had a chance to get on the field etc.

:thumbright:

IR - Romo, Allen
Mako Shark
Sand$: 888.00
Any fans or someone who watched the game have any insight?

12 team PPR (qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/te/rb flex, k, def)

QB: Ryan, Tannehill
RB: Ellington, Stacy, Crowell, Cunningham, Sims
WR: Megatron, A. Brown, Randle, Gordon, Robinson, Holmes
TE: Ryvera, Gresham
K: den k
DEF: DET
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 542.00
db45655 wrote:
infntnub wrote:I agree he's rosterable just based on the fact he's starting, but is he more than a flex even with the schedule? Just wondering what the tank thinks in that regard.

If you are getting a starting flex player off waivers in week 12, I think you should be happy. Don't go crazy hoping for too much. There have been a lot of cases that this happens and if it does you are golden.

I added Parmele (dropped R. Jennings)... but leaving him on bench this week. Also picked up Julian Edelman... after Edelman's past week, plus Pat's loss of Gronkowski, he might be an interesting play in coming weeks. :-k

Carr
Le'Veon :F, Hyde :F, Freeman, D. Johnson, M. Jones, Blue, Crowell
Beckham, B.Marshall, Hurns, M. Jones, Tate, Amendola
Graham
Rams, Broncos
Janikowski
0.5PPR, 10team
QB,2RB,3WR,Fl,TE,D,K
4pt PA TD, 6pt RU/REC TD
1pt/10yd RU/REC
1pt/25yd PA
Sand$: 5,370.81
Jaguars placed RB Jalen Parmele (groin) and CB Will Middleton (concussion) on season-ending injured reserve
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,048.36
endzoneview wrote:
Jaguars placed RB Jalen Parmele (groin) and CB Will Middleton (concussion) on season-ending injured reserve

Fargin'A. Rough sledding for running backs last couple weeks.

Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,665.00
the nfl has too many stupid coaches. why bring him back into the game to only worsen it.
Great White Shark
Talk about a short stint as a starting RB in the NFL... dang.

IR - Romo, Allen
Blue Shark
Sand$: 834.00
Is Rashad Jennings worth picking up for rest of season? When's MJD supposed to come back? Is MJD even coming back?
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,755.50
jasonb123 wrote:the nfl has too many stupid coaches. why bring him back into the game to only worsen it.

Sure, because you know better from your couch.

12-tm PPR: QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK [FAAB]

Bortles, Jameis
LeSean, Rawls, Yeldon, Ware, CJA
Calvin, BMarsh, Alshon, Cobb, Watkins, Perriman, Ty Montgomery
Reed, Tamme
HOU & STL DSTPK

Lost to INJ: Foster, Edelman, Forsett, Ingram, Rawls