FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 12.28.2014, 18:37

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 17:41 
Offline
Tiger Shark

Joined: Fri 03.09.2012, 17:04
Posts: 291
Sand$: 82
Donate
http://www.freep.com/article/20121119/S ... NTPAGE%7Cs

Found this link on the interwebs, anybody else heard anything?

_________________
The 8th Annual Kicker/Defense Challenge, test your drafting/waiver wire skills.
Can you win a yahoo league with a 2 round handicap?

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=303641

Sand sponsorship available


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 17:43 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.22.2008, 08:18
Posts: 14434
Sand$: 39824
Donate
Location: Taking beer from your fridge
pit.gif
Gonna wait to see why first.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 17:45 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.30.2006, 15:53
Posts: 22974
Sand$: 28912
Donate
Location: Pensacola, where we make HOFers
det.gif
dude is showing himself to be a mini-TO. glad to see schwartz refusing to put up with it.

titus out
drayton florence, fresh off IR to return, didn't pass baseline concussion tests
backus listed as doubtful


tune in thursday for the next exciting episode of "the lions get throttled on national TV"


woo!! lions fever! catch it!

_________________
House of Purgatory Champion - 2014
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 17:52 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.30.2002, 19:43
Posts: 24736
Sand$: 14142
Donate
Location: Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
CALVIN CALVIN AND MORE CALVIN!

Come on getdown, getup! It's the Lions on turkey day anything and everything is possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 18:26 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 30795
Sand$: 47646
Donate
Location: https://twitter.com/endzoneview
nyj.gif
Quote:

Lions coach Jim Schwartz announced at Monday's presser that Titus Young has been suspended for Week 12.

Young was sent home from the Lions' team facility Monday after causing a scene on the sideline in Sunday's loss. Schwartz said Young's behavior has been affecting the team, and that his status will be re-evaluated next week. "It’s your job to make the team happy, it’s not the team’s job to make you happy," Schwartz said. Per beat writer Chris McCosky, Young is being disciplined for "whining, pouting, sulking" about not getting more passes thrown his way. It's a disappointing, if predictable, turn of events for the second-year receiver, who has been dogged by questions about his character going back to Boise State. His ban should mean a big increase in snaps for rookie Ryan Broyles against the Texans, and has Broyles on the radar as a WR3 for Week 12. Unless you really need the roster spot, Young owners should sit tight for the time being.

_________________
Outkicking the Coverage- Week 17


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 18:34 
Offline
Mako Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.24.2012, 10:07
Posts: 652
Sand$: 1354
Donate
Broyles?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 18:37 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.15.2011, 20:06
Posts: 1458
Sand$: 3682
Donate
was.gif
Broyles.

_________________
10 Team, .5PPR
MUSTACHE FACTOR
QB: Wilson
WR: Julio, Nelson, Benjamin, Stills, Adams
RB: L.Bell, Anderson, J.Bell, Robinson, Sankey, Freeman
TE: Donnell
K: Crosby
DST: Vikings


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 19:39 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sun 07.30.2006, 15:53
Posts: 22974
Sand$: 28912
Donate
Location: Pensacola, where we make HOFers
det.gif
mike thomas' snaps will obviously go up thursday.

_________________
House of Purgatory Champion - 2014
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 19:41 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Wed 07.04.2007, 09:35
Posts: 4800
Sand$: 15146
Donate
Location: los angeles
oak.gif
screew titus "that bit.ch" should be dropped in all formats imo,ryan broyles takes his job for the rest of the yr !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 20:16 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 62585
Sand$: 283625
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
CALVIN CALVIN AND MORE CALVIN!

Come on getdown, getup! It's the Lions on turkey day anything and everything is possible.


Imwas just gonna say that. :lol:

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 20:35 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Fri 10.02.2009, 19:27
Posts: 1507
Sand$: 3740
Donate
Location: Charlotte, NC
det.gif
The header for this thread is not accurate, it is not a suspension:

[Tim Twentyman, Lions beat writer] "Schwartz said it wasn't a suspension, but how it plays out moving forward will "depend on Titus and his behavior."

The final straw came late in the fourth quarter Sunday after the Packers had scored the go-ahead touchdown.

As quarterback Matthew Stafford was preparing to snap the ball, it appeared tight end Tony Scheffler was supposed to be in the left slot but was instead waived outside by Young.

The Lions never ran the play because of a false start by right tackle Gosder Cherilus, but afterward, Scheffler seemed to point to Young like he wasn't supposed to be there.

Schwartz confirmed Monday that Young hadn't been lined up right on the play.
"His behavior on Sunday was unacceptable," Schwartz said. "It hurt the team, particularly on offense. It was a distraction and we're going to eliminate that distraction."

Following that drive, receivers coach Shawn Jefferson was caught by FOX cameras in a heated conversation with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Schwartz implied Monday that the conversation between Jefferson and Linehan was about Young and that the two parties had been on the same side of the argument.

Young wasn't on the field for the final desperation series for the Lions."


I had grabbed Broyles the day I found out they were going to activate him. That kid is the real deal, has a knack for finding the open space and making himself available to Matthew, runs precise routes, studies the game and catches everything thrown to him. Unlike Titus, Broyles has his head on his shoulders. I am encouraged by this move by the Lions - it speaks volumes to the integrity in the locker room. It may be a few weeks late but there is good leadership on that team and they will right that ship. Houston could have its hands full on Thursday and Broyles will be a big part of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 20:53 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.22.2008, 08:18
Posts: 14434
Sand$: 39824
Donate
Location: Taking beer from your fridge
pit.gif
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
The header for this thread is not accurate, it is not a suspension:

[Tim Twentyman, Lions beat writer] "Schwartz said it wasn't a suspension, but how it plays out moving forward will "depend on Titus and his behavior."

The final straw came late in the fourth quarter Sunday after the Packers had scored the go-ahead touchdown.

As quarterback Matthew Stafford was preparing to snap the ball, it appeared tight end Tony Scheffler was supposed to be in the left slot but was instead waived outside by Young.

The Lions never ran the play because of a false start by right tackle Gosder Cherilus, but afterward, Scheffler seemed to point to Young like he wasn't supposed to be there.

Schwartz confirmed Monday that Young hadn't been lined up right on the play.
"His behavior on Sunday was unacceptable," Schwartz said. "It hurt the team, particularly on offense. It was a distraction and we're going to eliminate that distraction."

Following that drive, receivers coach Shawn Jefferson was caught by FOX cameras in a heated conversation with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Schwartz implied Monday that the conversation between Jefferson and Linehan was about Young and that the two parties had been on the same side of the argument.

Young wasn't on the field for the final desperation series for the Lions."


I had grabbed Broyles the day I found out they were going to activate him. That kid is the real deal, has a knack for finding the open space and making himself available to Matthew, runs precise routes, studies the game and catches everything thrown to him. Unlike Titus, Broyles has his head on his shoulders. I am encouraged by this move by the Lions - it speaks volumes to the integrity in the locker room. It may be a few weeks late but there is good leadership on that team and they will right that ship. Houston could have its hands full on Thursday and Broyles will be a big part of it.



then what is it, is he playing thursday?

If a players is not playing on game day because of a disciplinary issue, its a suspension.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 21:14 
Offline
Leopard Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 11.01.2012, 21:35
Posts: 138
Sand$: 4688
Donate
cle.gif
Throw it to Calvin 20 times.


Please.

:thumbright:

_________________
Cleveland Browns - 8 Championships
Pittsburgh Steelers - 6
Baltimore Ravens - 2
Cincinnati Bengals - 0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 21:47 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Joined: Fri 10.02.2009, 19:27
Posts: 1507
Sand$: 3740
Donate
Location: Charlotte, NC
det.gif
rugger48 wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
The header for this thread is not accurate, it is not a suspension:

[Tim Twentyman, Lions beat writer] "Schwartz said it wasn't a suspension, but how it plays out moving forward will "depend on Titus and his behavior."

The final straw came late in the fourth quarter Sunday after the Packers had scored the go-ahead touchdown.

As quarterback Matthew Stafford was preparing to snap the ball, it appeared tight end Tony Scheffler was supposed to be in the left slot but was instead waived outside by Young.

The Lions never ran the play because of a false start by right tackle Gosder Cherilus, but afterward, Scheffler seemed to point to Young like he wasn't supposed to be there.

Schwartz confirmed Monday that Young hadn't been lined up right on the play.
"His behavior on Sunday was unacceptable," Schwartz said. "It hurt the team, particularly on offense. It was a distraction and we're going to eliminate that distraction."

Following that drive, receivers coach Shawn Jefferson was caught by FOX cameras in a heated conversation with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Schwartz implied Monday that the conversation between Jefferson and Linehan was about Young and that the two parties had been on the same side of the argument.

Young wasn't on the field for the final desperation series for the Lions."


I had grabbed Broyles the day I found out they were going to activate him. That kid is the real deal, has a knack for finding the open space and making himself available to Matthew, runs precise routes, studies the game and catches everything thrown to him. Unlike Titus, Broyles has his head on his shoulders. I am encouraged by this move by the Lions - it speaks volumes to the integrity in the locker room. It may be a few weeks late but there is good leadership on that team and they will right that ship. Houston could have its hands full on Thursday and Broyles will be a big part of it.



then what is it, is he playing thursday?

If a players is not playing on game day because of a disciplinary issue, its a suspension.


According to Lions it is a "deactivation" - suspension means no pay. Titus is getting paid but will not be on the active roster for Thursday - like a 3rd string QB


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon 11.19.2012, 22:01 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.22.2008, 08:18
Posts: 14434
Sand$: 39824
Donate
Location: Taking beer from your fridge
pit.gif
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
The header for this thread is not accurate, it is not a suspension:

[Tim Twentyman, Lions beat writer] "Schwartz said it wasn't a suspension, but how it plays out moving forward will "depend on Titus and his behavior."

The final straw came late in the fourth quarter Sunday after the Packers had scored the go-ahead touchdown.

As quarterback Matthew Stafford was preparing to snap the ball, it appeared tight end Tony Scheffler was supposed to be in the left slot but was instead waived outside by Young.

The Lions never ran the play because of a false start by right tackle Gosder Cherilus, but afterward, Scheffler seemed to point to Young like he wasn't supposed to be there.

Schwartz confirmed Monday that Young hadn't been lined up right on the play.
"His behavior on Sunday was unacceptable," Schwartz said. "It hurt the team, particularly on offense. It was a distraction and we're going to eliminate that distraction."

Following that drive, receivers coach Shawn Jefferson was caught by FOX cameras in a heated conversation with offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Schwartz implied Monday that the conversation between Jefferson and Linehan was about Young and that the two parties had been on the same side of the argument.

Young wasn't on the field for the final desperation series for the Lions."


I had grabbed Broyles the day I found out they were going to activate him. That kid is the real deal, has a knack for finding the open space and making himself available to Matthew, runs precise routes, studies the game and catches everything thrown to him. Unlike Titus, Broyles has his head on his shoulders. I am encouraged by this move by the Lions - it speaks volumes to the integrity in the locker room. It may be a few weeks late but there is good leadership on that team and they will right that ship. Houston could have its hands full on Thursday and Broyles will be a big part of it.



then what is it, is he playing thursday?

If a players is not playing on game day because of a disciplinary issue, its a suspension.


According to Lions it is a "deactivation" - suspension means no pay. Titus is getting paid but will not be on the active roster for Thursday - like a 3rd string QB



whatever its suspended with pay. Hes not on the active roster thursday for displinary reason, its detroit on thanksgiving, lets just go ahead and say hes suspended anyway. My guess they cant suspend him without pay for not knowing where to lineup or the NFLPA will have a fit.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], endzoneview, Google [Bot], jnadke, SnakeStabler and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group