FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.01.2014, 13:43

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 01:59 

Sand$: 47319
Donate
nyj.gif
There's no way Harbaugh can go back to Alex Smith, can he?

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 02:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18242
Donate
hou2.gif
Coaches are awfully loyal for the starters, so wouldn't be shocked :neutral:

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 03:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 476
Donate
pit.gif
Smith will be benched, IMO.

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 08:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5184
Donate
dal.gif
Smith starts week 12.

12 teamer
Foles/Lacy/Gore/Nelson/Cobb/Cruz/Pitta/Tucker/SEA

14 teamer
Palmer/Jennings/Rice/Julio/Colston/Wayne/Jimmy/Gronk/Bailey/AZ

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 09:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 32760
Donate
det.gif
wally pipp is toast.

Quote:
Alex Smith - QB - 49ers
Coach Jim Harbaugh indicated following Monday night's 32-7 win that he's willing to stick with Colin Kaepernick at quarterback going forward.
In his post-game press conference, Harbaugh had a prime opportunity to squash any notion of a quarterback controversy. He did the exact opposite. "We'll see," said Harbaugh. "I usually tend to go with the guy who has the hot hand. We got two quarterbacks who have a hot hand." Added Vernon Davis after the game, "I feel like somebody took the handcuffs off me." ( Davis caught six balls for 83 yards and a touchdown.) It's clear that Kaepernick gives the Niners their best chance to win both now and in the future. Approached by reporters late Monday, Wally Pipp Alex Smith (concussion) would only say, "They don't want me talking right now."

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 10:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4626
Donate
min.gif
I've been rolling with a single QB all season, Might take a flier on Kapernick as my QB2. You never know the kid could turn out to be something. He's got the abililty to scramble which is usually a recipe for fantasy gold.

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 10:37 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 606
Donate
I think that they stick with Smith for the rest of the year, but that it is Superbowl or bust for the 49ers and Alex Smith's job--which is exactly what the 49ers think because Alex Smith's contract has a 7.5mm bonus due on April 1, 2013. No doubt when they made the contract they wanted Kapernick to develop for another year before pulling the plug on Alex Smith.

RB: SJax,Sproles,Lacy,Bernard,FJax
TE: Olson, Thomas
D: Den
K: Atl
QB: Ryan
WR: Megatron,White,Wallace,Thompkins,Tate,DHB
RB: Wilson,Gore,Sproles,Bernard,Bell
TE: Gresham
D: NE
K: NYG

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 10:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13800
Donate
atl.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:
wally pipp is toast.

Quote:
Alex Smith - QB - 49ers
Coach Jim Harbaugh indicated following Monday night's 32-7 win that he's willing to stick with Colin Kaepernick at quarterback going forward.
In his post-game press conference, Harbaugh had a prime opportunity to squash any notion of a quarterback controversy. He did the exact opposite. "We'll see," said Harbaugh. "I usually tend to go with the guy who has the hot hand. We got two quarterbacks who have a hot hand." Added Vernon Davis after the game, "I feel like somebody took the handcuffs off me." ( Davis caught six balls for 83 yards and a touchdown.) It's clear that Kaepernick gives the Niners their best chance to win both now and in the future. Approached by reporters late Monday, Wally Pipp Alex Smith (concussion) would only say, "They don't want me talking right now."

Like Dilfer said last night though Harbaugh says some off the wall stuff directly after games in press conferences. IMO you don't bench Alex Smith. This was one game by Colin and while he looked really good it was just one game not a complete body of work. If Harbaugh makes this call it could be Doug Flutie, Doug Johnson all over again and we remember how that turned out in the playoffs for the Buffalo Bills.

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 11:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 17085
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:
wally pipp is toast.

Quote:
Alex Smith - QB - 49ers

Like Dilfer said last night though Harbaugh says some off the wall stuff directly after games in press conferences. IMO you don't bench Alex Smith. This was one game by Colin and while he looked really good it was just one game not a complete body of work. If Harbaugh makes this call it could be Doug Flutie, Doug Johnson all over again and we remember how that turned out in the playoffs for the Buffalo Bills.

Yeah they played a Cutler-less bears team. I doubt Smith gets benched when the rookie got a gimme game. Harbaugh is an idiot though. He proved it last night.

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 11:27 
Chum

Sand$: 52
Donate
A Cutler less Bears OFFENSE ?? ... The Bears D was the exact same unit that has pillaged the rest of their opponents. This Kid earned the right to continue starting... my guess is if you poll the rest of the Niner's they would agree. He makes the offense a threat where with Smith it's simply "managing the game, don't lose it for us". The Niner's with an explosive offense coupled with that D is an imposing team come the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 12:22 

Sand$: 96151
Donate
This is a good team with smith under center. This could be a great team with kaep, no brainer imo

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 12:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6034
Donate
phi.gif
It's not like Kaepernick is some late round flier at QB who had one quality start. The Niners went up to draft him, and I remember before that draft everyone was saying Kaepernick was the best QB at the senior bowl. Obviously the kid has talent and he just torched a top 5 D from the first snap to the last. I would put stock into the argument that Cutler being on the field would have helped the Bears D if Kaepernick hadn't moved the ball from the first snap, but he did. I don't think you can risk a potential Super Bowl run just to give Smith another shot. You play the better player and I don't care if it was one game, Kaepernick is the better player.

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 12:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13800
Donate
atl.gif
OarChambo wrote:
This is a good team with smith under center. This could be a great team with kaep, no brainer imo

IS and COULD

Are you saying the 49ers can't win a SB with Alex Smith this year but could with Kaep? Just not buying that argument when teams have seen so little film of Kaep in a starter's role.

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 12:45 

Sand$: 96151
Donate
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

IS and COULD

Are you saying the 49ers can't win a SB with Alex Smith this year but could with Kaep? Just not buying that argument when teams have seen so little film of Kaep in a starter's role.

Can't? No. Not likely though, kaep under center opened pages of harbaughs playbook he can't use with smith under center. It's a tough call but I would give kaep a few games before the playoffs to earn his shot in january. If he regresses as defenses adjust then go back to Alex week 16 and get ready for a super bowl run with him

PostPosted: Tue 11.20.2012, 12:53 

Sand$: 47319
Donate
nyj.gif
The best play here is to say Alex Smith is still not recovered completely from his concussion and trout out Kaepernick for another week and see what happens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next