Week 13 Defenses...

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3724
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004
Sand$: 8,800.86
Didn't see this one started up, if so sorry. Anyway..

This week will make or break some teams shooting for the playoffs.

Some likely wire candidates:

1. Carolina may be gone in your league, but if not, they are at KC. The top SOS match up.

2. Dallas hosts Philly. Like this one a lot and one of the top SOS match ups.

3. Jets host the struggling Cardinals. Again, may not be out there, but if so... \:D/
_______________________________________

League of Titans Norse League
NFL Challenge 2015 AFC - Tennessee Titans
Whale Shark League 2
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5006
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007
Sand$: 13,109.42
I ranked them:
NYJets vs Arizona at home (week 13 at Jacksonville, week 14 at Tennessee).
Cleveland at Oakland ... Cleveland has been surprisingly good on D. You would like Haden in there. (Week 13 vs KC at home).
Carolina at KC ... I don't like. KC was pretty solid yesterday vs Denver. They have to be amp'd for win #2 at home.
NE at Miami ... has to be mentioned after the disrobing of Sanchez.
Detroit vs Indy ... Homer here says Indy wins (yeah right).
Cincy at SD ... Rivers is a TD machine ... for defenses.
Jacksonville at Buffalo ... pick your poison ... the Jaguars can be inept but so can the Bills D.

I added the Jets. I really was very tempted by the next 2 options. NE is not available in my league.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3724
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004
Sand$: 8,800.86
votingmachine wrote:I ranked them:
NYJets vs Arizona at home (week 13 at Jacksonville, week 14 at Tennessee).
Cleveland at Oakland ... Cleveland has been surprisingly good on D. You would like Haden in there. (Week 13 vs KC at home).
Carolina at KC ... I don't like. KC was pretty solid yesterday vs Denver. They have to be amp'd for win #2 at home.
NE at Miami ... has to be mentioned after the disrobing of Sanchez.
Detroit vs Indy ... Homer here says Indy wins (yeah right).
Cincy at SD ... Rivers is a TD machine ... for defenses.
Jacksonville at Buffalo ... pick your poison ... the Jaguars can be inept but so can the Bills D.

I added the Jets. I really was very tempted by the next 2 options. NE is not available in my league.


I played them this week. 24 point! \:D/
_______________________________________

League of Titans Norse League
NFL Challenge 2015 AFC - Tennessee Titans
Whale Shark League 2
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16778
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,087.86
Am I crazy for thinking about dropping the Denver D for the NYJ D?

Denver's schedule:

13 - TB
14 - @OAK
15 - @BALT
16 - CLE

NYJ's schedule:

13 - ARI
14 - @JAC
15 - @TEN
16 - SD

That week 15 matchup for Denver's D is awful. Next week (Week 13) against TB doesn't look enticing either.

Other available D's:

SD - nice matchups Week 15 & 16)
CLE - 13 & 14 get OAK and KC back-to-back)
ARI - awful schedule
TB - awful schedule
CIN - awful schedule minus @SD for Week 13
WAS - don't like the schedule
GB - don't like schedule or the D
MIA - nice matchups Week 15 & 16
STL - only goot matchup left is Week 14
MIN - awful schedule
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
SandShark
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012
Sand$: 152.00
Jcb890 wrote:Am I crazy for thinking about dropping the Denver D for the NYJ D?

Denver's schedule:

13 - TB
14 - @OAK
15 - @BALT
16 - CLE

NYJ's schedule:

13 - ARI
14 - @JAC
15 - @TEN
16 - SD

That week 15 matchup for Denver's D is awful. Next week (Week 13) against TB doesn't look enticing either.

Other available D's:

SD - nice matchups Week 15 & 16)
CLE - 13 & 14 get OAK and KC back-to-back)
ARI - awful schedule
TB - awful schedule
CIN - awful schedule minus @SD for Week 13
WAS - don't like the schedule
GB - don't like schedule or the D
MIA - nice matchups Week 15 & 16
STL - only goot matchup left is Week 14
MIN - awful schedule


I wouldn't drop Denver's DEF, esp for the playoffs. No waaaaay! Baltimore with Flaaco is suspect. That Den pass rush is serious along with Holiday taking returns back. Just sayin...
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8105
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010
Sand$: 22,922.13
As I've dropped from 6-1 to 7-5, I'm questioning every part of my team. Houston goes to Tennessee. I'm inclined to still roll with them over Cleveland or the Jets, but is it time for a shake-up?
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5006
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007
Sand$: 13,109.42
Jcb890 wrote:Am I crazy for thinking about dropping the Denver D for the NYJ D?

Denver's schedule:

13 - TB
14 - @OAK
15 - @BALT
16 - CLE

NYJ's schedule:

13 - ARI
14 - @JAC
15 - @TEN
16 - SD

That week 15 matchup for Denver's D is awful. Next week (Week 13) against TB doesn't look enticing either.

Other available D's:

SD - nice matchups Week 15 & 16)
CLE - 13 & 14 get OAK and KC back-to-back)
ARI - awful schedule
TB - awful schedule
CIN - awful schedule minus @SD for Week 13
WAS - don't like the schedule
GB - don't like schedule or the D
MIA - nice matchups Week 15 & 16
STL - only goot matchup left is Week 14
MIN - awful schedule

I've got both rostered right now. I considered dropping Denver and I think there is a decent option on a weekly basis in the group you mentioned. But I think Denver is worth keeping also. I may drop-add later but right now I am thinking I will wait and see. I like NYJ this week and both Denver and NYJ next ... that makes Cleveland tempting but useless. 3 weeks from now? I could drop both teams for whatever looks best then ... maybe I take a nibble on SD or Miami.

I had a fairly easy drop ... Hillman. I still have Mendenhall and DeMarco Murray looking like bench anchors. If you have a backup TE, now is the time to drop him for a bit of extra defense.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10415
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009
Sand$: 18,347.64
Jets all the way. I grabbed them two weeks ago for their upcoming matchups.
Whale Shark
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sun Aug 3, 2008
Sand$: 4,084.24
Jets are available in my leagues...who is the better play in week 13. Dallas or NYJ? NFC East games are wildy unpredictable which has me a little worried. Maybe it'll be a little clearer after tonight.
_______________________________________

the bag's on you motherF'er!

QBs = Luck, Stafford
RBs = M. Ingram, McFadden, John Stewart, L. Blount, J. Langford
WRs = Julio, D. Hopkins, BMarsh, John Brown
TEs = J. Thomas
Def = Bucs Def, Lions Def
K = the more you Gano
Leopard Shark
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010
Sand$: 268.72
Ariz vs Jets. That game should be good for both defenses.
_______________________________________

QBs Kaepernick, Roethlisberger
RBs Forte, Hyde, Vereen, Randle, Asiata & D Brown
WRs Evans, Hopkins, Landry
TEs Olsen, J. Thomas
K Hauska
Def Chiefs, Giants
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010
Sand$: 1,532.00
Ive been stashing the jets away since week 9 so I'm excited for this week vs ARI
_______________________________________

14 man .5 PPR, 6pts rush/rec, 4 pass td
QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K
QB-Ryan
RB-Murray, Jennings, Hill, Hyde, Blount, Cunningham
WRs-Julio, Patterson, Cooks, Marvin Jones
TE-Cameron, Ertz
D- Steelers
K-
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 66670
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004
Sand$: 305,853.99
Markulous wrote:Jets all the way. I grabbed them two weeks ago for their upcoming matchups.


Yup they have the easiest schedule in the lg from here on out.
_______________________________________

Image Image

Image
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 632
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008
Sand$: 1,571.86
Picked up the JETS 2 weeks ago to play this week and next week.... I'm dropping STL this week to pick up SDC to pair with the JETS for the playoffs....
Great White Shark
Posts: 1501
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008
Sand$: 3,678.04
putting in my claim for the JETS D right now? Dropping CIN.
_______________________________________

KSchmidty24
QB:Fitzpatrick
RB: Hillman, Hightower , CJ Anderson, Artis-Payne
WR:Hopkins, Maclin,A Cooper
Te: Gronk, Ertz, Tye
Kicker: Santos
Def. Denver, Houston
Whale Shark
Posts: 1193
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006
Sand$: 24,194.38
I have paired the Lions with the Broncos....hate to carry 2 Ds, but they are more critical than a 4th RB at this point.

13-Det - vs. Colts (not a great road offense, give up sacks, and PICK 6s)
14-Den-@ Oak Palmer seems to target DBs as often as TEs
15-Det-@ Ari Great match-up vs a 3rd string QB no matter who gets the start!
16-Den - vs. Cle...hope I make it far enough to get to use them here.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], prplhz14, sctroyfan and 2 guests