FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 10.23.2014, 12:12

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Roster Strategy Question
PostPosted: Mon 11.26.2012, 20:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 9418
Donate
dal.gif
This may be moved since I'm not sure it belongs here but I'm looking for help with strategy and perhaps some other people may be running into the same issue.

We have a pick up limit in my league and I only have one pick up left for the rest of the year including the playoffs. As we have a pick up limit I don't normally pick up and drop players week to week for "fill ins" to try to win that week. Obviously with a pick up limit it's not possible to pick up and drop players just for a one week fill in. My question is does this strategy work? Do people find that one week fill ins pan out?

Ultimately if I make the playoffs I'm wondering if holding onto that one pick and making a pick up during the playoff weeks to help me win that week is the way to go. Or does it make more sense to make a pick up now and get the best available back? Which at this point would probably be Moreno. As you can see I need help in the RB department. (roster in sig)

TE- Whitten, L.Green
K- Hauschika, Novak
D- SD,Cincy

Disclaimer-We have to carry 2 (TE) 2 (K) and 2 (D) on our roster at all time

PostPosted: Mon 11.26.2012, 20:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25200
Donate
Do you need to have 2 kickers and 2 defenses on your roster all the time? If not, I'd pick up Moreno and drop a K/Def.

PostPosted: Mon 11.26.2012, 20:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21647
Donate
cle.gif
In that format I wouldn't go into the playoffs without either that remaining roster move, or 2 kickers.

(4-4) College
(3-7) FSNFL

PostPosted: Mon 11.26.2012, 21:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
Griffimo wrote:
Do you need to have 2 kickers and 2 defenses on your roster all the time? If not, I'd pick up Moreno and drop a K/Def.

The roster is what I have to have, it's not optional. We need 2 kicker , 2 TE, 2 defenses on our roster at all times. I wouldn't mind having Moreno for depth, or any other RB but it will be my last move and my roster is my roster. I usually never have any pickups left at this time of the year so I'm just not sure if anything comes up this late in the year that would be worth picking up for one week .

TE- Whitten, L.Green
K- Hauschika, Novak
D- SD,Cincy

PostPosted: Mon 11.26.2012, 21:15 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
md2002 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

The roster is what I have to have, it's not optional. We need 2 kicker , 2 TE, 2 defenses on our roster at all times. I wouldn't mind having Moreno for depth, or any other RB but it will be my last move and my roster is my roster. I usually never have any pickups left at this time of the year so I'm just not sure if anything comes up this late in the year that would be worth picking up for one week .

How's your potential playoff opponents looking? Moves left or not?

(4-4) College
(3-7) FSNFL

PostPosted: Mon 11.26.2012, 21:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
dal.gif
The BlueBeards wrote:
md2002 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:

How's your potential playoff opponents looking? Moves left or not?

Everyone has at least one move left.

TE- Whitten, L.Green
K- Hauschika, Novak
D- SD,Cincy

PostPosted: Tue 11.27.2012, 00:37 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1634
Donate
pit.gif
Pretty sure I'd save that one move. What happens if you pick up Moreno and both of your QBs get hurt? You don't want to risk a zero at a position down the road.

PostPosted: Tue 11.27.2012, 07:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
Hmm, yea, I'd be tempted to save that move.

(4-4) College
(3-7) FSNFL

PostPosted: Tue 11.27.2012, 08:44 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1299
Donate
ten.gif
The BlueBeards wrote:
In that format I wouldn't go into the playoffs without either that remaining roster move, or 2 kickers.

I agree. Got burned a couple of years ago in a similar situation when my kicker went down the week before the playoffs and i had used all of my roster moves.

PostPosted: Tue 11.27.2012, 10:06 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
With the lastest Moreno news, that he's the starter, and your current RBs (I assume you start 2), I would probably blow the move on him if he's gettable.

I was hoping Hillman would be the man there but apparently they have been keeping Moreno on ice till now. He better hand on to the ball though...

(4-4) College
(3-7) FSNFL

PostPosted: Tue 11.27.2012, 16:51 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 687
Donate
nfllogo.gif
Kaeding is on your roster even though he isn't on an NFL team right now. Is your roster requirement to have 2 kickers at all times even if one is waived from his team?

I understand those rules usually to be a requirement that you always have an active kicker or defense available. You don't have a backup since you only have one available kicker. Weeden is also a potential problem with a concussion so you are down to one QB at the moment. It gives more reason why you may want to consider holding that move in case you need it to fill an empty spot rather than taking a late season flyer.

PostPosted: Tue 11.27.2012, 18:23 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
FutBol wrote:
Kaeding is on your roster even though he isn't on an NFL team right now. Is your roster requirement to have 2 kickers at all times even if one is waived from his team?

I understand those rules usually to be a requirement that you always have an active kicker or defense available. You don't have a backup since you only have one available kicker. Weeden is also a potential problem with a concussion so you are down to one QB at the moment. It gives more reason why you may want to consider holding that move in case you need it to fill an empty spot rather than taking a late season flyer.

Oooo didn't see that. I assume you've hung on to Kaeding hoping he'd land on another team so not to burn a move there.

So you're facing wasting that move on a kicker for a backup in the playoffs if your main one goes down.. Hmm, I would be veeeery tempted to gamble on him not getting hurt and not blow the move on a viable backup kicker. Pretty good odds anyway.

(4-4) College
(3-7) FSNFL