FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 07.31.2014, 10:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 07:58 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sat 08.06.2011, 13:36
Posts: 104
Sand$: 472
Donate
sf.gif
Just looking for some advice on this guy. Should i trade him while he is hot. Or could he be "The guy" in Den for the future? Or will Hillman eventually take that starting job away from moreno? Thanks Guys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 08:00 
Offline
Leopard Shark

Joined: Sun 08.29.2010, 10:15
Posts: 121
Sand$: 256
Donate
dal.gif
Nice playoff schedule. I have him too. Keeping him.

_________________
QBs Kaepernick, Cutler, Fitzgerald
RBs Bush, Bernard, Moreno, Ellington & D Brown
WRs D Jackson, Crabtree, K Wright, Randle
TEs Cameron, Green
K Prater
Def Panthers, Rams


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 09:02 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.03.2003, 09:34
Posts: 18065
Sand$: 26792
Donate
Location: Not So Deep East Texas
chi.gif
Rough week this week, by like already noted - good playoff matchups.

_________________
"What kind of a man doesn't own an air compressor?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 09:07 
Offline
Mako Shark

Joined: Wed 11.04.2009, 12:30
Posts: 653
Sand$: 1339
Donate
Location: Morehead City. NC
buf.gif
I would ride him till the end, besides most leagues trade deadlines have passed.

_________________
Cursed Bills Fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 09:11 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.11.2008, 16:47
Posts: 4148
Sand$: 1806
Donate
Location: DMV
was.gif
I really doubt people will buy him at a high price after only one game. Most will go off of his past history. I never understand why fantasy leagues draft deadline are so early into the season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 09:16 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 7190
Sand$: 12370
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
gballs1 wrote:
Rough week this week, by like already noted - good playoff matchups.

Eh. As discussed in the other thread, TB has given up like the 8th most fantasy points to RBs the past 5 weeks. I am starting him in my flex over Hernandez and feel good about it. Broncos will be passing like crazy too so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a ton of receptions also.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 09:17 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.24.2009, 11:46
Posts: 6670
Sand$: 13267
Donate
general mills wrote:
I really doubt people will buy him at a high price after only one game. Most will go off of his past history. I never understand why fantasy leagues draft deadline are so early into the season.


That's a great point.

I'll be lobbying next year to move the trade deadline to Wednesday of Week 13.

_________________
12-tm PPR-QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK FAAB

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 09:20 
Offline
Leopard Shark
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.15.2010, 11:54
Posts: 148
Sand$: 312
Donate
det.gif
Markulous wrote:
gballs1 wrote:
Rough week this week, by like already noted - good playoff matchups.

Eh. As discussed in the other thread, TB has given up like the 8th most fantasy points to RBs the past 5 weeks. I am starting him in my flex over Hernandez and feel good about it. Broncos will be passing like crazy too so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a ton of receptions also.


That's what I think too, don't get why people keep saying TB is such a tough RB match-up. He had 15 points in my PPR and he didn't even score a TD. If anything the broncos will be milking the clock at the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 09:30 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.03.2003, 09:34
Posts: 18065
Sand$: 26792
Donate
Location: Not So Deep East Texas
chi.gif
kresketch wrote:
Markulous wrote:
gballs1 wrote:
Rough week this week, by like already noted - good playoff matchups.

Eh. As discussed in the other thread, TB has given up like the 8th most fantasy points to RBs the past 5 weeks. I am starting him in my flex over Hernandez and feel good about it. Broncos will be passing like crazy too so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a ton of receptions also.


That's what I think too, don't get why people keep saying TB is such a tough RB match-up. He had 15 points in my PPR and he didn't even score a TD. If anything the broncos will be milking the clock at the end.


Yeah, you guys are right. I went back and looked at the filtered numbers for the last 5 weeks, and yes, they are giving up some points. Overall season numbers are still real good, but not so much lately. I stand corrected.

_________________
"What kind of a man doesn't own an air compressor?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 10:11 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sun 10.14.2007, 00:44
Posts: 1500
Sand$: 4576
Donate
min.gif
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
general mills wrote:
I really doubt people will buy him at a high price after only one game. Most will go off of his past history. I never understand why fantasy leagues draft deadline are so early into the season.


That's a great point.

I'll be lobbying next year to move the trade deadline to Wednesday of Week 13.


It prevents collusion. The later you push the trade deadline the greater the chance your going to have some team whos already out of playoff contention unload their studs to someone else. Just like the real NFL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 10:44 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Thu 09.24.2009, 11:46
Posts: 6670
Sand$: 13267
Donate
PlumDaddy wrote:
TheNataliePortmans wrote:
general mills wrote:
I really doubt people will buy him at a high price after only one game. Most will go off of his past history. I never understand why fantasy leagues draft deadline are so early into the season.


That's a great point.

I'll be lobbying next year to move the trade deadline to Wednesday of Week 13.


It prevents collusion. The later you push the trade deadline the greater the chance your going to have some team whos already out of playoff contention unload their studs to someone else. Just like the real NFL


We have a limited keeper league (keep 2 for one year, must not have been drafted in first 10 rounds).

So trading an established player for a keeper-eligible prospect can be a win-win trade.

Also, this is a long-standing friends league with zero turnover. Collusion is not an issue in our case.

_________________
12-tm PPR-QB/RB/3WR/2FLEX/TE/D-ST-PK FAAB

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 10:59 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 06.19.2010, 02:34
Posts: 3613
Sand$: 338
Donate
stl.gif
Collusion ?

Noooo.

Not me.

:-"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 12:36 
Offline
Whale Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.30.2008, 20:46
Posts: 1493
Sand$: 4955
Donate
Location: Pittsburgh, PA - 6X SuperBowl Champs!
pit.gif
Not only is our trade deadline over last week, after this week there are no more drop/adds (unless desperate cases where your kicker might be released from the team). So prepping this week for the playoffs is super important. I had McGahee...sure enough I grabbed Moreno first chance I had! Now I'm trying to decided who to drop for a backup QB just in case....hate to lose anyone on my roster at this point!

_________________
South Hills League 2010, 2013 Champion
Tanked! Dynasty League 2013 Champion
Gridiron Post Whores Fantasy Football Keeper League 2013 Champion
Deep Platinum Dynasty League
Too Deep Dynasty League
Shark Assassins


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 13:41 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Tue 08.18.2009, 23:49
Posts: 7190
Sand$: 12370
Donate
Location: United States
jax.gif
The projections on this site are a little low for him this week IMO. Not complaining because I know how hard it is to project for 200 players, but I just disagree. They have a good O-line and one of the best QBs there against a defense that couldn't stop a high school team from throwing on them. It will open up holes for him when they can't stack the box.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: moreno
PostPosted: Wed 11.28.2012, 13:44 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 08.18.2004, 21:06
Posts: 33238
Sand$: 8420
Donate
Location: location, location
oak.gif
TB's rush D is rated decently in part because teams don't have to run it as much since TB's pass D is so dismal.

_________________
OAK 34 PIT 31


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: akromam90, birddog, This Just In and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group