FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Thu 12.18.2014, 00:48

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 10:48 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 588
Donate
dal.gif
im looking ahead...thx......

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 10:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6434
Donate
ne.gif
Lots of nice matchups:
KC & Oakland play each other- so both could be good picks.
Wash @ Cleveland
Det @ Arizona
Jets @ Tenn

TE: Graham
D: Denver
K: Sturgis

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 11:01 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 304
Donate
Based on what's currently in the WW/FA Pool in my league, I like the following DEF matchups:

MIA vs JAX
DET @ ARZ
SD vs CAR (I'm rostering SD)
MIN @ STL
TEN vs NYJ

As for PKs, it really does depend on who is on your WW/FA. I would basically target a PK that will either be playing @ home or in a dome....and don't be afraid to select a PK that plays for a crappy team - maybe someone like Dan Carpenter (PK-MIA) might be available as the 'Fins host JAX in Week 15. I hope this helps.

QB: Brees, Sanchez
WR: D. Thomas, Nelson, R. White, Moncrief
RB: J. Bell, Crowell, Herron, L. Murray, Stewart, Ivory
TE: Gronk
K: Gostkowski
DST: STL

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 11:47 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1516
Donate
dal.gif
I was looking really hard at Det D for that week due to matchup (Ari O has been coughing up a bunch of points) but then again I would be starting Det.....didn't really feel great about that.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 12:08 
Chum

Sand$: 92
Donate
gb.gif
SDC....their offense is a mess, but aside from the converted 4th and 29 last week, they have been solid. If Rivers can convert and stop getting sacked and/or stop committing turnovers their DEF will be respectable.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 12:11 

Sand$: 48650
Donate
nyj.gif
michaelhazuka wrote:
SDC....their offense is a mess, but aside from the converted 4th and 29 last week, they have been solid. If Rivers can convert and stop getting sacked and/or stop committing turnovers their DEF will be respectable.

Bigby is gone for the year so I'm interested to see how that affects them this week.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 12:21 
Chum

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
Bigby is gone for the year

...liked him in GB. Hard-hitting, but not great in coverage.

SDC get PIT week 14, then CAR week 15, and NYJ week 16. For what is likely left on the WW, hard to not like those match-ups. Their success is linked to Rivers unfortunately. Every time I see their offense play it's miserable. Rivers is sacked on almost every possession. If they could solidify the OL, it would help them tremendously. Their DEF seems to perform against marginal teams as well...good rush defense with the mentioned matchups against predominately rush-oriented teams.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 12:31 
Leopard Shark

Donate
michaelhazuka wrote:
Quote:

SDC get PIT week 14, then CAR week 15, and NYJ week 16. For what is likely left on the WW, hard to not like those match-ups. Their success is linked to Rivers unfortunately. Every time I see their offense play it's miserable. Rivers is sacked on almost every possession. If they could solidify the OL, it would help them tremendously. Their DEF seems to perform against marginal teams as well...good rush defense with the mentioned matchups against predominately rush-oriented teams.

If yards against and/or points allowed are not too much of a concern in your league's scoring system, then the upcoming matchups for SD is certainly a turnover-friendly schedule. However, as noted above, if the offense struggles it may certainly influence the defense's ability to take advantage of opportunities.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 12:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27074
Donate
ne.gif
big_alv77 wrote:
michaelhazuka wrote:
Quote:

If yards against and/or points allowed are not too much of a concern in your league's scoring system, then the upcoming matchups for SD is certainly a turnover-friendly schedule. However, as noted above, if the offense struggles it may certainly influence the defense's ability to take advantage of opportunities.

I can see not taking yards into account for a DEF, but what kind of fantasy league scoring for DEF disregards points allowed? That seems awfully stupid.

I wouldn't feel confident with SD against CAR. Cam Newton looked good on Monday night and Rivers is a turnover machine himself.

Also, I am going to assume Roethlisberger will be back next week, so Week 14 vs. PIT is not a good matchup at all either. So, basically just Week 16 is a good matchup.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 12:58 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1109
Donate
nfllogo.gif
Points allowed being not too much of a concern is different than ignoring completely. Some leagues give a bonus for a shutout and a diminishing value based on points scored, but don't penalize for very high scores.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 13:18 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1559
Donate
ten.gif
I picked up Det for Week 15. I also am holding both NYJ for next 2 weeks and SDC for week 16.

Depending on how SDC do the next few weeks, I might drop them and pick up INDY for week 16.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 13:25 
Chum

Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
I wouldn't feel confident with SD against CAR. Cam Newton looked good on Monday night

...he played against a terrible team. Less than two months ago he lost his team's respect. I am not sold on Newton this year....would love to know how Steve Smith thinks of him. They lost Stewart to IR. They still have a stable of backs(DWill, Tolbert, and might as well say Newton), but I don't see him duplicating that effort again this year.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 13:38 
Leopard Shark

Donate
FutBol wrote:
Points allowed being not too much of a concern is different than ignoring completely. Some leagues give a bonus for a shutout and a diminishing value based on points scored, but don't penalize for very high scores.

^^^ This. --- In our league, our DEF-scoring ranges from +10 pts for a shutout to -5 pts for 35+ points allowed. ...So, while keeping the score down is definitely worthwhile, you can actually earn a lot of points from your DEF by getting sacks and turnovers, especially for the DEF-TDs. ...So, I tend to search the WW for high-TO matchups rather than potential low-scoring battles. Accomplishing both is a HUGE bonus!

Based on my reasoning above, I look for opponents facing NYJ, ARZ, PHI, DAL (could be high-scoring games but with lots of TOs), SD, KC, DET, and now PIT, as well. etc.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 13:50 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1516
Donate
dal.gif
michaelhazuka wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't feel confident with SD against CAR. Cam Newton looked good on Monday night

...he played against a terrible team. Less than two months ago he lost his team's respect. I am not sold on Newton this year....would love to know how Steve Smith thinks of him. They lost Stewart to IR. They still have a stable of backs(DWill, Tolbert, and might as well say Newton), but I don't see him duplicating that effort again this year.

While Cam is not the stud of last year there are still a decent number of QB's I would rather see my fantasy defense playing against.

PostPosted: Thu 11.29.2012, 15:16 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 27074
Donate
ne.gif
big_alv77 wrote:
FutBol wrote:

^^^ This. --- In our league, our DEF-scoring ranges from +10 pts for a shutout to -5 pts for 35+ points allowed. ...So, while keeping the score down is definitely worthwhile, you can actually earn a lot of points from your DEF by getting sacks and turnovers, especially for the DEF-TDs. ...So, I tend to search the WW for high-TO matchups rather than potential low-scoring battles. Accomplishing both is a HUGE bonus!

Based on my reasoning above, I look for opponents facing NYJ, ARZ, PHI, DAL (could be high-scoring games but with lots of TOs), SD, KC, DET, and now PIT, as well. etc.

Oh okay, that makes more sense then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next