FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sun 04.20.2014, 15:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Player Awards
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 16:26 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3002
Donate
chi.gif
A friend and I were discussing end of the season awards and the question came up about who should be MVP. I said Peyton Manning( he went with Arian Foster). Then the question came up about Comeback Player of the Year and again I said Manning(which he agreed). My question is this; Has any player ever won both of these awards in the same season? Just curious. What better place to find this out than in the sharks forums, thanks.

Post subject: Re: Player Awards
PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 16:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12820
Donate
jax.gif
I would say Brady over Manning for MVP. His worst fantasy game was against a tough ARI team where he threw 1 TD, 1 INT, and only 316 yards passing. The guy has been super consistent and has had a few big games as well.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 16:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 45771
Donate
min.gif
opewon wrote:
A friend and I were discussing end of the season awards and the question came up about who should be MVP. I said Peyton Manning( he went with Arian Foster). Then the question came up about Comeback Player of the Year and again I said Manning(which he agreed). My question is this; Has any player ever won both of these awards in the same season? Just curious. What better place to find this out than in the sharks forums, thanks.

Ken Anderson 1981
Chad pennington finished 2nd in mvp voting in 2008, when he won his second comeback award.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 17:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 278566
Donate
den.gif
Markulous wrote:
I would say Brady over Manning for MVP. His worst fantasy game was against a tough ARI team where he threw 1 TD, 1 INT, and only 316 yards passing. The guy has been super consistent and has had a few big games as well.

It's close but I think without Brady the pats will still be a good team. Without manning I don't think the broncos make the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 17:07 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3002
Donate
chi.gif
Code:
Ken Anderson 1981
Chad pennington finished 2nd in mvp voting in 2008, when he won his second comeback award

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 17:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
jax.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
Markulous wrote:

It's close but I think without Brady the pats will still be a good team. Without manning I don't think the broncos make the playoffs.

It can go both ways but I think the Broncos have a slightly better team at the moment. They have a better OL, and without Gronk I would say their receivers are about even. I don't see New England doing much without Brady. Their entire offense relies on him and those quick short passes.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 17:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 45771
Donate
min.gif
Give it to adrian peterson. He has worked miracles this year coming back from a terrible knee injury and making the vikings relevant.
The broncos made the playoffs with tebow, so they were already good.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 17:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
jax.gif
unimsw wrote:
Give it to adrian peterson. He has worked miracles this year coming back from a terrible knee injury and making the vikings relevant.

Yeah AP at least needs to be in the conversation and should be considered. I doubt he will win it though.

Yep exactly. Broncos made it to the playoffs with one of the worst starting QBs. I don't think Tebow could come into the Pats offense and do the same (assuming they had the same record that the Broncos had when Tebow took over).

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 17:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8760
Donate
gb.gif
Budmonsan wrote:
Markulous wrote:

:lol: Whatever. The Broncos made the playoffs and beat a really good team with perhaps the worst starting QB in football at the time. They have all the same players back, and the defense looks to be better this year. Manning cherry-picked this team because all the pieces were in place.

Don't kid yourself. He's really good, but he's not the only reason they are winning. I would take Brady over any other QB in MVP voting, but I think Ray Rice should get it, personally. The Ravens are just another ho-hum team without him.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 18:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26191
Donate
hou2.gif
I'd give Andrew Luck the MVP.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 19:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11219
Donate
gb.gif
MVP: Brady in a slight win over Manning. Without him the Pats are pretty much dead in the water. Yeah...he's THAT good and THAT important to his team. And that's coming from a guy who personally can't stand the pretty boy, prima dona QB.

Comeback Player: A virtual tie between Manning and AP. Both are high visibility players and enormously vital to their team's success, and both are coming off of injuries that very well could have ended both of their careers.

Rookie Of The Year: This is a tough one because there are several viable candidates. Redskins QB Robert Griffin III has brought excitement to Washington in a fashion eerily similar to that of Cam Newton for the Panthers last year. Buccaneers RB Doug Martin has been fun to watch as well, making TB fans virtually forget last year's starter LaGarrett Blount altogether. QBs Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson provided some excitement in the first month or so of the season, but have since cooled. Browns RB Trent Richardson will be a major cog in any success his team has going forward, but this season he's been just so-so. I think who gets the hardware is going to come down to a very close vote. If I had one, it would probably go to......Griffin.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 21:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39050
Donate
pit.gif
unimsw wrote:

comeback player of the year?

peyton, 4 neck surgeries, missed the whole season, new team, plays a much harder position to play(maybe arguably hardest in all of sports), sorry man this is peyton. AP did great and definitly the timetable was tough, but its peyton.

PostPosted: Sat 12.01.2012, 22:39 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 174352
Donate
dal.gif
MVP - Manning slightly over Luck

Comeback Player - Manning

ROY - Luck. NO player has made a bigger impact on a franchise than he has. Sure, Griffin has been ridiculous, but there are some pieces in play that assist him. Luck is the sole factor that thte Colts are where they are right now.

PostPosted: Sun 12.02.2012, 01:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39050
Donate
pit.gif
marty1841 wrote:
MVP - Manning slightly over Luck

Comeback Player - Manning

ROY - Luck. NO player has made a bigger impact on a franchise than he has. Sure, Griffin has been ridiculous, but there are some pieces in play that assist him. Luck is the sole factor that thte Colts are where they are right now.

13 tds and 13 ints doesnt put him right behind manning as an MVP.

and there isnt that much that seperates griffin from luck.

PostPosted: Sun 12.02.2012, 01:54 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16704
Donate
atl.gif
Ridley deserves MVP more than Brady does

What happened to RB's getting respect in this thing, the true workhorses of football teams

I'll throw Russell Wilson's name into the ROY hat, of course Crockett thinks he has slowed down because his team is floundering a little yet Wilson has 9 TD's and 1 INT in his last 4 games, while posting QB ratings of 125+ in 3 of his last 4 games with the low rating being 96.8. Kid is playing damn good football. You can take RGIII over Wilson, but IMO taking Luck over Wilson is complete silly talk.