FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 11.26.2014, 16:29

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu 12.06.2012, 22:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11759
Donate
gb.gif
After stinking it up this year, I know I'll be going into next season with the #2 pick in my PPR re-draft. I'm curious what everyone thinks would be the top 10 picks in a FULL point PPR league. RBs are not permitted in the Flex position. We start:

1 QB
2RBs
3WRs
1TE/FLEX
1D/ST

PostPosted: Thu 12.06.2012, 23:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17200
Donate
jax.gif
At number 2, whoever is left out of Foster and AP would be the right pick.

PostPosted: Thu 12.06.2012, 23:11 
Chum

Sand$: 76
Donate
dal.gif
I'll take a shot:

1. AP
2. Foster
3. Rice
4. Martin
5. Megatron
6. Green
7. Brees/Brady
8. Brady/Brees
9. Trent
10. McCoy
11. RG3
12a. Peyton
12b. Rodgers

Of course this is way early and much could change

Romo, Flacco
Charles, McFadden, Leshoure, Hillis
Cruz, Julio, Wayne, Stevie
Gates, Keller
49ers
Hanson

PostPosted: Thu 12.06.2012, 23:31 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1362
Donate
AP
Foster
Martin
Rice
RG3
Megatron
Green
Gronk
Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 02:14 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1532
Donate
chi.gif
Foster
AP
Rice
Megatron
RG3
Brady
Martin
Richardson
Rodgers
Green

RB-Murray, Jennings, Hill, Hyde, Blount, Cunningham
WRs-Julio, Patterson, Cooks, Marvin Jones
TE-Cameron, Ertz
D- Steelers
K-

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 03:24 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3487
Donate
gb.gif
Sure..I'll take a shot at 8 months from now....

1. A Peterson
2. A. Foster
3. A. Rodgers
4. RG3
5. T. Brady
6. D. Martin
7. Gronkowski
8. C. Johnson
9. R. Rice
10. T. Richarson

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 06:19 
SandShark

Sand$: 194
Donate
I think it is a little bit too early to start giving RG3 a first round pick.....Very similar to Cam from last year....Not saying he has not produced the last few weeks, however, he has not produced like he did a year ago.....I could see a drop off from the top to maybe a top 10-5 QB...possibly....agree or disagree...? I just think you could make arguments for others....:
1. Foster
2. AP
3. Rice
4. Mccoy....has to come back I would think....
5. Calvin
6. Trent
7. BreesRodgers
8. Rodgers/Brees
9. A.J. Green
10. Demarious/Marshall....Could be interchangeable here....

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 06:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5391
Donate
pit.gif
What I'm seeing at this point for next year is:

1. Unlikely any RB comes into the NFL via this years draft and has any immediate fantasy impact at the position.
2. Once you get past the first 15 or so RB's, none of what's left looks like a viable RB2 each week and what's left bears more resemblance to a flex play.
3. The QB position is only going to be deeper next year if Kaepernick and Russell Wilson emerge as viable low end QB1's and at this point, there's no way I'm taking a QB in Rd1 or Rd2
4. My perceived shortage of reliable RB's for next year will likely have me draft a player like Jamal Charles ahead of any QB or WR including Megatron

The first half of next years PPR redrafts should all be RB's in picks 1-6 in whatever order you like:

Peterson / Foster / Martin / Richardson / Rice / McCoy (not worried about his injury or Bryce Brown)

If you're drafting in the back half of Round 1 and don't take a RB with your Round 1 pick, you have to strongly consider taking one of the following with your Rd 2 pick because these are the only guys (IMO) that even remotely resemble a low end RB1.

Jamal Charles / Lynch / Ridley

Let someone else take Chris Johnson / McFadden / Gore / Forte / McGahee

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 07:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1362
Donate
Slugs3511 wrote:
I think it is a little bit too early to start giving RG3 a first round pick.....Very similar to Cam from last year....Not saying he has not produced the last few weeks, however, he has not produced like he did a year ago.....I could see a drop off from the top to maybe a top 10-5 QB...possibly....agree or disagree...? I just think you could make arguments for others....:
1. Foster
2. AP
3. Rice
4. Mccoy....has to come back I would think....
5. Calvin
6. Trent
7. BreesRodgers
8. Rodgers/Brees
9. A.J. Green
10. Demarious/Marshall....Could be interchangeable here....

Last year cam was number 4, rg3 is number 1 this yesr

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 08:53 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55513
Donate
min.gif
jesteva wrote:

1. Unlikely any RB comes into the NFL via this years draft and has any immediate fantasy impact at the position.
2. Once you get past the first 15 or so RB's, none of what's left looks like a viable RB2 each week and what's left bears more resemblance to a flex play.
3. The QB position is only going to be deeper next year if Kaepernick and Russell Wilson emerge as viable low end QB1's and at this point, there's no way I'm taking a QB in Rd1 or Rd2
4. My perceived shortage of reliable RB's for next year will likely have me draft a player like Jamal Charles ahead of any QB or WR including Megatron

The first half of next years PPR redrafts should all be RB's in picks 1-6 in whatever order you like:

Peterson / Foster / Martin / Richardson / Rice / McCoy (not worried about his injury or Bryce Brown)

If you're drafting in the back half of Round 1 and don't take a RB with your Round 1 pick, you have to strongly consider taking one of the following with your Rd 2 pick because these are the only guys (IMO) that even remotely resemble a low end RB1.

Good post, but i would add alfred morris to the list of low end #1 guys... If he continues his solid performance.

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 09:03 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 8129
Donate
ind.gif
Arian Foster
Adrian Peterson
Ray Rice
Doug Martin
Trent Richardson
CJ Spiller
Marshawn Lynch
LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte
Alfred Morris
Jamaal Charles
Chris Johnson
Steven Ridley
Calvin Johnson

No QB's should be taken. No WR's should be taken.

I think next year may look very deep at QB. So many young guys that will be in good systems. Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Ryan/Peyton/RG3/Stafford/Newton/Luck/Dalton/Ben/Cutler/Wilson/Kaepernick/Rivers/Bradford/Romo/Schaub/Eli/Fitzpatrick/etc.

I think there are some elite WR's that will get taken ... my guess is that Calvin, AJ Green, and Brandon Marshall are going in 1/2. I would agre with the post that said just spend a little time looking at the top 6-7 RB's and be clear which are your top 2. If you end up thinking Doug Martin will excel in 2013 ... go for it at 2. I would think the 2/3 turn is RB/WR or WR/RB territory. You can start 4 WR's so you could even go WR/WR. If one of the top-3 WR's is there, no doubt grab him.

Your format: 2-RB's, 4-WR's, leads to some ranking differences. I'm used to deeper WR's. I still think that you can't pass on the shallow pool of RB's at 1.2. It is really early and the off season is important to rankings. I like to look at offensive line changes to gauge RB's. For PPR I want a decent QB on my RB's team ... I don't see one available, but Jamaal Charles would be an obvious beneficiary of a QB upgrade to decent. Maybe they track down David Garrard, sign Gabbert, get lucky in the draft ... I guess they will draft #1.

Most likely the usual choice at 1.2 will be between Foster, AP, Rice, Martin, and Richardson, depending on how their teams improve or don't. Coaching changes, offensive line changes, offensive skill player additions, new injuries, anything could change the order. The good news is that those are all good choices and Norv Turner can only move to one team and ruin one of those.

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 09:39 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 516
Donate
nyg.gif
Markulous wrote:
At number 2, whoever is left out of Foster and AP would be the right pick.

Yup.

WR:Brown,Green,Wallace,Floyd,Decker
TE:Olsen,Donnell

10team ppr
QB:Wilson
RB:Foster,McCoy,Jennings,Robinson,Ivory
WR:Green,Hilton,Hopkins,Randle,Floyd
TE:Ertz

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 09:52 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 483
Donate
atl.gif
Frankly I think far too much attention gets focused on the first round of every draft. More than likely you're only getting one of these guys and unless you're in an auction it's almost entirely predicated on draft position. More often than not, top ten list are nothing more than an attempt to use the previous seasons stats to determine next years value, which just isn't smart IMO. At the end of the day, it's one spot in your lineup.

Seasons are won and lost in the middle rounds of every draft. For me, last year it was Jordy Nelson, Aaron Hernandez,Graham and Sproles. This year it looks like Alfred Morris, Randall Cobb and Jason Witten. Figure out who is undervalued for the upcoming season and take them a round earlier than everyone thinks you should. Let your league mates laugh at the draft and make them cry in the playoffs.

Also, there is no tried and true formula to fantasy success. Everyone says running back is really shallow every year, don't take a QB or TE early. Well I don't know about your league, but guys that "played it safe" and loaded up on running back early ( any combo of McFadden, Forte, Charles, Turner, Reggie Bush, Matthews) are playing for the toilet bowl in my league. I went Brady/ Graham in one money league to start and loaded up on rbs and wrs the rest of the draft. In another money league I had the first pick and took Foster and start Romo and Brandon Myers. Both teams are 11-2 and on a bye this week. I'm not saying taking running backs early can't work, but at the end of the day it's all about getting players that produce on your team and in your lineup.

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 10:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25982
Donate
ne.gif
unimsw wrote:
jesteva wrote:

Good post, but i would add alfred morris to the list of low end #1 guys... If he continues his solid performance.

I agree. Morris is in that low-end RB1 / high-end RB2 category if he keeps it up this year.

I also agree on the take about letting someone else take CJ(-)5K, DMC, Gore, Forte and McGahee.

I will load on RB's the first few rounds of the draft (if I can), but will take the best player available, in my opinion. The QB position is going to be very deep next year. If Indy adds any offensive weapons this season, I will probably have Luck as my #1 QB target as later-round pick. I doubt he gets taken ahead of Rodgers, Brady, Brees, RGIII, Newton, Ryan, Peyton or Eli next year - in my league at least.

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 10:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25982
Donate
ne.gif
Badnewz wrote:
Frankly I think far too much attention gets focused on the first round of every draft. More than likely you're only getting one of these guys and unless you're in an auction it's almost entirely predicated on draft position. More often than not, top ten list are nothing more than an attempt to use the previous seasons stats to determine next years value, which just isn't smart IMO. At the end of the day, it's one spot in your lineup.

Seasons are won and lost in the middle rounds of every draft. For me, last year it was Jordy Nelson, Aaron Hernandez,Graham and Sproles. This year it looks like Alfred Morris, Randall Cobb and Jason Witten. Figure out who is undervalued for the upcoming season and take them a round earlier than everyone thinks you should. Let your league mates laugh at the draft and make them cry in the playoffs.

Also, there is no tried and true formula to fantasy success. Everyone says running back is really shallow every year, don't take a QB or TE early. Well I don't know about your league, but guys that "played it safe" and loaded up on running back early ( any combo of McFadden, Forte, Charles, Turner, Reggie Bush, Matthews) are playing for the toilet bowl in my league. I went Brady/ Graham in one money league to start and loaded up on rbs and wrs the rest of the draft. In another money league I had the first pick and took Foster and start Romo and Brandon Myers. Both teams are 11-2 and on a bye this week. I'm not saying taking running backs early can't work, but at the end of the day it's all about getting players that produce on your team and in your lineup.

I wouldn't call any of those RB picks you listed outside of Charles "playing it safe". DMC, Forte, Bush and Mathews are all injury prone and Turner is on the decline. The only one of those guys that was a consensus 1st-rounder was DMC.