FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.25.2014, 00:25

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 19:36 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1514
Donate
Quote:
Aaron Rodgers - QB - Packers

Sunday's forecast for Green Bay is calling for "multiple inches" of snow during the day, and the Lions-Packers game on Sunday Night Football could be played on a "snow-covered" field.
The Green Bay players seem genuinely excited for the opportunity to play in a "white-out" of sorts. "We all like to go out there and play in the snow," said RB/FB John Kuhn. The Packers haven't seen a snow game since the 2007 NFC Divisional playoff game against Seattle. Temperatures are expected to be in the low-to-mid 30s, so a rain-snow slush is a real possibility. It should be good for the running games of both teams, but we'd still expect a heavy dose of passing from two of the most pass-happy offenses in the league.
Source: Packers.com
Dec 7 - 7:02 PM

Personally.... I think this makes for a great scene for a prime-time divisional match-up like this. I am looking forward to watching this one. Maybe not ideal for fantasy purposes though. Something to keep an eye on....

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 19:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12836
Donate
jax.gif
:eusa_pray: Please make it a low-scoring game and cause Rodgers and Cobb to not score a lot. I would be soooooooooo happy. \:D/

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 20:04 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3720
Donate
det.gif
Markulous wrote:
:eusa_pray: Please make it a low-scoring game and cause Rodgers and Cobb to not score a lot. I would be soooooooooo happy. \:D/

As long as it is not high winds it should not affect the passing game that much. Snow is actually fun to play in, the receiver gains an advantage as it is much harder for the DB's to back-pedal, plant and break on the ball. Plus, the defender has to react and that often causes a slip - more broken tackles and defenders falling to the ground.

Still, with the bad weather I am glad I have a bye because I have Stafford, Calvin, Leshoure and Pettigrew. I will be able to watch this one without having to check scores and stats and can fully enjoy seeing the Lions finally break the streak of losses at Lambeau

:popcorn: :party-smiley-050: :popcorn: :party-smiley-050:

WR: S. Smith, K. Allen, J. Jones, Boykin, Burleson
TE: Housler
K: Hartley
Def: Dolphins

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 20:10 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 556
Donate
dal.gif
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Markulous wrote:

As long as it is not high winds it should not affect the passing game that much. Snow is actually fun to play in, the receiver gains an advantage as it is much harder for the DB's to back-pedal, plant and break on the ball. Plus, the defender has to react and that often causes a slip - more broken tackles and defenders falling to the ground.

Still, with the bad weather I am glad I have a bye because I have Stafford, Calvin, Leshoure and Pettigrew. I will be able to watch this one without having to check scores and stats and can fully enjoy seeing the Lions finally break the streak of losses at Lambeau

Whoa, homer much.
I hope it is a nice shootout.

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 20:34 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 5039
Donate
phi.gif
Hmm..do I start Stafford or give Dalton the shot due to the weather? Tough decision..

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 20:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14196
Donate
oak.gif
alex green time :D

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 20:58 
Whale Shark

Donate
det.gif
Just remember...

Patriots vs Titans 2009 in Foxboro - Pats put up 59 pts

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 21:05 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 870
Donate
Should make for an awesome game to watch.

I am starting Megatron obviously but I am considering Green in the flex spot

QB: Rivers, Foles
RB: McCoy, Tate, Miller, J. Bell, Ogbonoya, Reece
WR: Marshall, D Thomas, Patterson, Holmes, Sanders
TE: Graham, Pitta
K: Bailey
DEF: Stream

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 21:10 
Whale Shark

Donate
det.gif
Solly wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Whoa, homer much.

Traded Bradshaw and Newton for Stafford and D. Richardson after week 7 when I was 3-4. Won 6 in a row to finish 9-4, 1st place and won Points total by almost 200 as a result with:

QB - Stafford
RB - ADP, Spiller, Leshoure
WR - Megatron, Wayne, Dez
TE - Pettigrew and Olsen
K - Bailey
D - ww matchup using Houston for 15 and 16

Lions offense just needs to play well against Arizona and @Home against Atlanta

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 21:16 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2315
Donate
Solly wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Whoa, homer much.

He calls himself honolulu-blue! Then again almost all my 7 leagues are named after SUH or Detroit based! But I barely have any Lions on my fantasy team!

Hoping for a shootout as well.

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 21:19 

Sand$: 40280
Donate
nyj.gif
Wind is honestly the only thing that matters and even then, it has to be severe

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 21:56 
Whale Shark

Donate
det.gif
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
As long as it is not high winds it should not affect the passing game that much.

Maybe I should have just stopped there :F

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 23:05 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38560
Donate
det.gif
it is what it is. if you're riding the likes of rogers, stafford, calvin, and cobb to this point, are you really going to bench them?

me neither.

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 23:12 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2904
Donate
was.gif
getdownmmmkay wrote:
it is what it is. if you're riding the likes of rogers, stafford, calvin, and cobb to this point, are you really going to bench them?

me neither.

Yes but what if you also have Josh Freeman on your bench playing Philly in Tampa and you still remember losing week 11 because Green Bay pick sixed Stafford like three times? I might consider my alternatives then.

It's amazing how Calvin can get 20+ fantasy points in the same week Stafford gets 12.

QB(1): Newton
WR(3): VJax, Nelson, Allen, Torrey, S.Smith
RB(2): Peterson, Morris, L.Bell, Vereen
TE(1): V.Davis, Cameron
K: Dawson
DST: Carolina, Cleveland

PostPosted: Fri 12.07.2012, 23:50 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2315
Donate
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
As long as it is not high winds it should not affect the passing game that much.

Maybe I should have just stopped there :F

All good Honolulu_Blue...! What you posted about receiver advantage was actually very informative!

Quote:
Snow is actually fun to play in, the receiver gains an advantage as it is much harder for the DB's to back-pedal, plant and break on the ball. Plus, the defender has to react and that often causes a slip - more broken tackles and defenders falling to the ground.

Maybe you shouldn't have mentioned having so many Lions on one team... Stafford, Megatron, LeShoure and Pettigrew... Whoa is right! Plus your call sign Honolulu_Blue!!! Haha! Homer for sure!

My leagues are ::

DEADLY tSUH-nami
THE GREAT WALL OF SUH
tSUH-nami bOMb
tSUH-nami WARNING
mOtOwn wRecKinG zOO

eViL-PORCUPINEs
eAGLe rOcK HaRDKnOcKs

So 5 out of 7 are Detroit Lion referenced... lol. You ain't the only homer! But I barely have multiple Lion players on my teams!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next