FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.01.2014, 17:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 15:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13774
Donate
atl.gif
Dallas Cowboys practice squad member was the person that passed away. Crazy!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/08/josh-bren ... slaughter/

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent was arrested in Texas early this morning on charges of intoxication manslaughter involving a car accident in which a teammate died ... TMZ has learned.

According to WFAA in Dallas, Irving PD says Brent and a member of the team's practice squad, Jerry Brown, were involved in a single car accident around 2:30 AM local time and that Brown died as a result.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that police say Brent was driving at a high rate of speed when his car "hit the outside curb," flipped over and came to rest in the middle of the road. Brent was responsive at the scene, but Brown was not. He was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

Brent was given a field sobriety test, which he failed, and was hit with a second degree felony charged. He was arrested by Irving PD and booked at 4:14 AM and is being held without bail.

Brent pled guilty to a misdemeanor DUI charge while in college.

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 15:57 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39134
Donate
pit.gif
TAKE FREAKING CAB, JACKAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 16:20 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 114276
Donate
min.gif
unreal :F

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 17:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 2026
Donate
dal.gif
Dumbazz

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 17:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18154
Donate
hou2.gif
rugger48 wrote:

Heck rent a limo if necessary for the so-called rep :roll:

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 18:00 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6620
Donate
sea.gif
Third and Long wrote:
Dumbazz

Even this guy thinks so.

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 19:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 281461
Donate
den.gif
OilersNut wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Heck rent a limo if necessary for the so-called rep :roll:

Seriously!

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 22:03 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 903
Donate
dal.gif
You would think that the spectre of Dwayne Goodrich would still be hanging around the Cowboys enough to remind these guys why it is NOT a good idea to drive while loaded.

:F

Unfortunately, the Cowboys haven't been drafting a lot of mental giants - on or off the field - the past 15 years or so.

Condolences to Jerry Brown's family. Terrible waste of two young lives for the second straight weekend in the NFL. ::(

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 22:25 

Sand$: 46991
Donate
nyj.gif
Everyone should have learned from Leonard Little but no one did. I fully expect a slap on the wrist despite the reasonable public outrage just like Little.

PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 22:56 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3720
Donate
det.gif
Why is it that it is always the passenger (or the not-drunk driver of the vehicle they hit) that dies and the one responsible for it all has scrapes and bruises?? Said he failed a field sobriety test on the scene which means he had to be upright and moving. Even if he gets slap on the wrist, the nightmares that dude is gonna live with the rest of his life...so sad, man.

WR: S. Smith, K. Allen, J. Jones, Boykin, Burleson
TE: Housler
K: Hartley
Def: Dolphins

PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 00:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3401
Donate
dal.gif
NFL Network is reporting that Brent was seen pulling Brown from the burning vehicle when authorities arrived. Attempts were made to resuscitate Brown, but he was pronounced dead at the hospital.

TE: Orange Julius/Green
DEF: ARI/MIA
K: Gostkowski

PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 01:28 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 903
Donate
dal.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Everyone should have learned from Leonard Little but no one did. I fully expect a slap on the wrist despite the reasonable public outrage just like Little.

Dwayne Goodrich was playing for Dallas in 2003 when he killed two people in a car wreck while DUI. He just got out of prison last year. I imagine Brent will be looking at some serious jail time since this is his second offense in three years and this time he killed someone.

:twocents:

PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 05:46 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 26792
Donate
chi.gif
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Why is it that it is always the passenger (or the not-drunk driver of the vehicle they hit) that dies and the one responsible for it all has scrapes and bruises?? Said he failed a field sobriety test on the scene which means he had to be upright and moving. Even if he gets slap on the wrist, the nightmares that dude is gonna live with the rest of his life...so sad, man.

Maybe Brown just couldn't take a hit, and that's why he was on the practice squad.

PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 07:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11529
Donate
gb.gif
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CDA31Q03O1%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1013

Check out his statement to the press after the incident. He says something to the effect of "I'm grief stricken...grief stricken for Jerry...for his family and friends...his teammates...blah blah blah".

How about "I'm sorry", jackazz??? Saying "I'm grief stricken" is putting all the attention on YOU, and not the people who loved, raised and actually cared for the victim!! Personally, I don't care how YOU feel, dumbazz. For the second time in a relatively short period, you got behind the wheel when you shouldn't have, and this time someone paid with their life.

I'm not a Cowboy fan...never have been, and truth be known I never heard either player's name before yesterday, but with this news, I'm angry. Angry at Brent for failing to learn anything from what happened three years ago. I don't know about most folks, but I know if something like that had happened to me, there ain't a snowball's chance in hell I'm gettin' behind the wheel of a car when I'm blasted. Never.

I'm angry at a judicial system that fails to improve. If the Illinios court system doesn't let Brent plead down in the incident from three years ago, perhaps something like this doesn't happen. Now...I'm no pollyanna looking at the world through rose colored glasses. I understand that even if the court system had done it's job three years ago, yesterday's incident was still probably going to happen. But if they had been decidedly tougher on Brent back then, perhaps the message might have hit home a little better and we wouldn't be reading about another NFL player lying dead for the second week in a row.

I'm sure many of you think "Why is Crockett going off like this...about two guys he's admitted he never heard of?" The answer is because an incident like this hits too close to home. A lot of you FS vets know my famiy history, but for the newer ones, let me enlighten you.

When I was just 18, my dad was killed by a drunk driver in a hit and run incident that occured 500 miles from home. He was mowed down while crossing the street as some drunk a-hole floored it down Main Street USA. My family was obviously devastated and we still feel the effects of his loss. So when incidents like this happen...especially when they involve repeat offenders like Brent, I get angry at the world.

Now...I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I've never had a drink...or that I've never gotten behind the wheel after drinking...because I have. I'm sure we all have at one time or another. But I learned from my dad's death. I know my limitations. When I've had enough, I stop, and I make sure I don't get behind the wheel. And I never needed a warped judical system to make me see the light. I was intelligent enough to figure it out on my own. Obviously Mr. Brent failed that test.

I'm sorry for going off on this. I'm already prepared for the internet bullying response that no doubt is coming my way, but I don't care. I read the Brent story this morning while I had some early morning peace and quiet, and it simply pissed me off. Sorry if my rant angers anyone.

PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 09:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 31853
Donate
mia.gif
crockett wrote:
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CDA31Q03O1%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1013

Check out his statement to the press after the incident. He says something to the effect of "I'm grief stricken...grief stricken for Jerry...for his family and friends...his teammates...blah blah blah".

How about "I'm sorry", jackazz??? Saying "I'm grief stricken" is putting all the attention on YOU, and not the people who loved, raised and actually cared for the victim!!

Personally, I don't care how YOU feel, dumbazz. For the second time in a relatively short period, you got behind the wheel when you shouldn't have, and this time someone paid with their life.

I'm not a Cowboy fan...never have been, and truth be known I never heard either player's name before yesterday, but with this news, I'm angry. Angry at Brent for failing to learn anything from what happened three years ago. I don't know about most folks, but I know if something like that had happened to me, there ain't a snowball's chance in hell I'm gettin' behind the wheel of a car when I'm blasted. Never.

I'm angry at a judicial system that fails to improve. If the Illinios court system doesn't let Brent plead down in the incident from three years ago, perhaps something like this doesn't happen. Now...I'm no pollyanna looking at the world through rose colored glasses. I understand that even if the court system had done it's job three years ago, yesterday's incident was still probably going to happen. But if they had been decidedly tougher on Brent back then, perhaps the message might have hit home a little better and we wouldn't be reading about another NFL player lying dead for the second week in a row.

I'm sure many of you think "Why is Crockett going off like this...about two guys he's admitted he never heard of?" The answer is because an incident like this hits too close to home. A lot of you FS vets know my famiy history, but for the newer ones, let me enlighten you.

[A long paragraph about Crocket].

And you didn't even have the press in front of you.