FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.01.2014, 17:30

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 15:21 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Mon 09.30.2002, 19:43
Posts: 24557
Sand$: 13774
Donate
Location: Shadows and Dust
atl.gif
Dallas Cowboys practice squad member was the person that passed away. Crazy!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/08/josh-bren ... slaughter/

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent was arrested in Texas early this morning on charges of intoxication manslaughter involving a car accident in which a teammate died ... TMZ has learned.

According to WFAA in Dallas, Irving PD says Brent and a member of the team's practice squad, Jerry Brown, were involved in a single car accident around 2:30 AM local time and that Brown died as a result.

The Dallas Morning News is reporting that police say Brent was driving at a high rate of speed when his car "hit the outside curb," flipped over and came to rest in the middle of the road. Brent was responsive at the scene, but Brown was not. He was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

Brent was given a field sobriety test, which he failed, and was hit with a second degree felony charged. He was arrested by Irving PD and booked at 4:14 AM and is being held without bail.

Brent pled guilty to a misdemeanor DUI charge while in college.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 15:57 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08.22.2008, 08:18
Posts: 13431
Sand$: 39134
Donate
Location: Taking beer from your fridge
pit.gif
TAKE FREAKING CAB, JACKAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 16:20 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 09.06.2005, 07:51
Posts: 29180
Sand$: 114276
Donate
Location: where the red furn grows
min.gif
unreal :F

_________________
"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 17:38 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Tue 05.11.2004, 17:57
Posts: 16579
Sand$: 2026
Donate
Location: cutting Jerry Jones brake lines
dal.gif
Dumbazz


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 17:52 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 10.18.2003, 21:12
Posts: 19484
Sand$: 18154
Donate
Location: SF Bay Area
hou2.gif
rugger48 wrote:
TAKE FREAKING CAB, JACKAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x


Heck rent a limo if necessary for the so-called rep :roll:

_________________
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 18:00 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 09.29.2012, 12:06
Posts: 2305
Sand$: 6620
Donate
Location: Seatown
sea.gif
Third and Long wrote:
Dumbazz

Even this guy thinks so.
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 19:39 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Fri 12.31.2004, 13:51
Posts: 60311
Sand$: 281461
Donate
Location: A Mile High in Trans City!
den.gif
OilersNut wrote:
rugger48 wrote:
TAKE FREAKING CAB, JACKAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x


Heck rent a limo if necessary for the so-called rep :roll:


Seriously!

_________________
Image Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 22:03 
Offline
Tiger Shark
User avatar

Joined: Mon 01.25.2010, 22:56
Posts: 200
Sand$: 903
Donate
Location: California
dal.gif
You would think that the spectre of Dwayne Goodrich would still be hanging around the Cowboys enough to remind these guys why it is NOT a good idea to drive while loaded.

:F

Unfortunately, the Cowboys haven't been drafting a lot of mental giants - on or off the field - the past 15 years or so.

Condolences to Jerry Brown's family. Terrible waste of two young lives for the second straight weekend in the NFL. ::(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 22:25 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat 08.01.2009, 23:39
Posts: 28635
Sand$: 46991
Donate
Location: SoCal
nyj.gif
Everyone should have learned from Leonard Little but no one did. I fully expect a slap on the wrist despite the reasonable public outrage just like Little.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat 12.08.2012, 22:56 
Offline
Whale Shark

Joined: Fri 10.02.2009, 19:27
Posts: 1499
Sand$: 3720
Donate
Location: Charlotte, NC
det.gif
Why is it that it is always the passenger (or the not-drunk driver of the vehicle they hit) that dies and the one responsible for it all has scrapes and bruises?? Said he failed a field sobriety test on the scene which means he had to be upright and moving. Even if he gets slap on the wrist, the nightmares that dude is gonna live with the rest of his life...so sad, man.

_________________
Standard PPR
QB: Kaepernick, Foles
RB: ADP, Bush, C. Johnson, J. Bell, Rainey
WR: S. Smith, K. Allen, J. Jones, Boykin, Burleson
TE: Housler
K: Hartley
Def: Dolphins


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 00:38 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Fri 10.14.2005, 22:27
Posts: 1796
Sand$: 3401
Donate
Location: Arlington, TX
dal.gif
NFL Network is reporting that Brent was seen pulling Brown from the burning vehicle when authorities arrived. Attempts were made to resuscitate Brown, but he was pronounced dead at the hospital.

_________________
QB: Rivers/Ryan
RB: Forte/Spiller/CJ2K/Vereen/A. Brown
WR: K. Allen/Wright/S. Johnson
TE: Orange Julius/Green
DEF: ARI/MIA
K: Gostkowski


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 01:28 
Offline
Tiger Shark
User avatar

Joined: Mon 01.25.2010, 22:56
Posts: 200
Sand$: 903
Donate
Location: California
dal.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Everyone should have learned from Leonard Little but no one did. I fully expect a slap on the wrist despite the reasonable public outrage just like Little.


Dwayne Goodrich was playing for Dallas in 2003 when he killed two people in a car wreck while DUI. He just got out of prison last year. I imagine Brent will be looking at some serious jail time since this is his second offense in three years and this time he killed someone.

:twocents:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 05:46 
Offline
Megalodon
Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Wed 09.03.2003, 09:34
Posts: 18065
Sand$: 26792
Donate
Location: Not So Deep East Texas
chi.gif
Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Why is it that it is always the passenger (or the not-drunk driver of the vehicle they hit) that dies and the one responsible for it all has scrapes and bruises?? Said he failed a field sobriety test on the scene which means he had to be upright and moving. Even if he gets slap on the wrist, the nightmares that dude is gonna live with the rest of his life...so sad, man.


Maybe Brown just couldn't take a hit, and that's why he was on the practice squad.

_________________
"What kind of a man doesn't own an air compressor?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 07:38 
Offline
Great White Shark
Great White Shark
User avatar

Joined: Sat 09.27.2008, 12:48
Posts: 8343
Sand$: 11529
Donate
Location: Hangin' with A-Rod at Lambeau
gb.gif
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CDA31Q03O1%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1013

Check out his statement to the press after the incident. He says something to the effect of "I'm grief stricken...grief stricken for Jerry...for his family and friends...his teammates...blah blah blah".

How about "I'm sorry", jackazz??? Saying "I'm grief stricken" is putting all the attention on YOU, and not the people who loved, raised and actually cared for the victim!! Personally, I don't care how YOU feel, dumbazz. For the second time in a relatively short period, you got behind the wheel when you shouldn't have, and this time someone paid with their life.

I'm not a Cowboy fan...never have been, and truth be known I never heard either player's name before yesterday, but with this news, I'm angry. Angry at Brent for failing to learn anything from what happened three years ago. I don't know about most folks, but I know if something like that had happened to me, there ain't a snowball's chance in hell I'm gettin' behind the wheel of a car when I'm blasted. Never.

I'm angry at a judicial system that fails to improve. If the Illinios court system doesn't let Brent plead down in the incident from three years ago, perhaps something like this doesn't happen. Now...I'm no pollyanna looking at the world through rose colored glasses. I understand that even if the court system had done it's job three years ago, yesterday's incident was still probably going to happen. But if they had been decidedly tougher on Brent back then, perhaps the message might have hit home a little better and we wouldn't be reading about another NFL player lying dead for the second week in a row.

I'm sure many of you think "Why is Crockett going off like this...about two guys he's admitted he never heard of?" The answer is because an incident like this hits too close to home. A lot of you FS vets know my famiy history, but for the newer ones, let me enlighten you.

When I was just 18, my dad was killed by a drunk driver in a hit and run incident that occured 500 miles from home. He was mowed down while crossing the street as some drunk a-hole floored it down Main Street USA. My family was obviously devastated and we still feel the effects of his loss. So when incidents like this happen...especially when they involve repeat offenders like Brent, I get angry at the world.

Now...I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I've never had a drink...or that I've never gotten behind the wheel after drinking...because I have. I'm sure we all have at one time or another. But I learned from my dad's death. I know my limitations. When I've had enough, I stop, and I make sure I don't get behind the wheel. And I never needed a warped judical system to make me see the light. I was intelligent enough to figure it out on my own. Obviously Mr. Brent failed that test.

I'm sorry for going off on this. I'm already prepared for the internet bullying response that no doubt is coming my way, but I don't care. I read the Brent story this morning while I had some early morning peace and quiet, and it simply pissed me off. Sorry if my rant angers anyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun 12.09.2012, 09:39 
Offline
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon
User avatar

Joined: Sat 05.16.2009, 09:57
Posts: 26918
Sand$: 31853
Donate
Location: Arkansas
mia.gif
crockett wrote:
http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CDA31Q03O1%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=1013

Check out his statement to the press after the incident. He says something to the effect of "I'm grief stricken...grief stricken for Jerry...for his family and friends...his teammates...blah blah blah".

How about "I'm sorry", jackazz??? Saying "I'm grief stricken" is putting all the attention on YOU, and not the people who loved, raised and actually cared for the victim!!

Personally, I don't care how YOU feel, dumbazz. For the second time in a relatively short period, you got behind the wheel when you shouldn't have, and this time someone paid with their life.

I'm not a Cowboy fan...never have been, and truth be known I never heard either player's name before yesterday, but with this news, I'm angry. Angry at Brent for failing to learn anything from what happened three years ago. I don't know about most folks, but I know if something like that had happened to me, there ain't a snowball's chance in hell I'm gettin' behind the wheel of a car when I'm blasted. Never.

I'm angry at a judicial system that fails to improve. If the Illinios court system doesn't let Brent plead down in the incident from three years ago, perhaps something like this doesn't happen. Now...I'm no pollyanna looking at the world through rose colored glasses. I understand that even if the court system had done it's job three years ago, yesterday's incident was still probably going to happen. But if they had been decidedly tougher on Brent back then, perhaps the message might have hit home a little better and we wouldn't be reading about another NFL player lying dead for the second week in a row.

I'm sure many of you think "Why is Crockett going off like this...about two guys he's admitted he never heard of?" The answer is because an incident like this hits too close to home. A lot of you FS vets know my famiy history, but for the newer ones, let me enlighten you.

[A long paragraph about Crocket].


And you didn't even have the press in front of you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boogs34 and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group