David Wilson...Ahmad Bradshaw...?

Post Reply  
Blue Shark
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007
Sand$: 1,662.90
Many of you, like me, got burned last week starting AB in an ideal matchup. For those that have DW as a backup, who is the better start looking ahead in critical playoff matchups? Or avoid both altogether? Obviously the injury update to AB will play a major factor in who is the lead but the RB situation in NYC looks iffy...
_______________________________________

12 Team

QB - Bradford
RB - J Hill, Gore, Latavius Murray, Rashaad Jennings and Ronnie Hillman,
WR - Maclin, Landry, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Coleman
TE - Gronk
Def - Miami
K - Crosby
Great White Shark
Posts: 1691
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009
Sand$: 5,004.00
I think both are unusable for this next week. Stupid Bradshaw was too hurt to be productive in an INSANELY easy matchup but not hurt enough to be knocked out, he still played through the game. I don't see how he could be a healthy scratch.

If you're playing Bradshaw - you're basically banking on him staying injury free for the whole game (not certain) and for him to get 70% of the carries (not likely)

If you're playing Wilson - the only upside I see here is if you get points for return yards. You're starting a guy that isn't the 3rd down back, playing a minority of the carries.

Full blown, unproductive, RBBC.
Great White Shark
Posts: 8302
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004
Sand$: 41,135.50
OrtonHearsAWho wrote:Full blown, unproductive, RBBC.



Have you seen the Falcons try to stop the run the last 2 months? They can't.

One or both Giants RBs will have at minimum flex level pts this week.
_______________________________________

Image
Blue Shark
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007
Sand$: 1,662.90
I expected mixed responses on how the Giants will approach next week. Let me pose this question another way....did David Wilson's performance earn him the right to play more regardless of Bradshaw? He has been in the team's dog house since game 1 and they have given him little chance to prove them wrong until last week. So much negativity surrounding DW makes you wonder if they will only use him has a last resort.... with Ryan Torrain and all those RBs working out for the Giants, the confidence in Wilson seems low. Did last week change that and to what extent? I just cant risk someone to lay an egg next week and both have a risk in doing that IMO.
_______________________________________

12 Team

QB - Bradford
RB - J Hill, Gore, Latavius Murray, Rashaad Jennings and Ronnie Hillman,
WR - Maclin, Landry, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Coleman
TE - Gronk
Def - Miami
K - Crosby
Great White Shark
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012
Sand$: 9,098.04
This is par for the course with Coughlin and RBs...

Ride someone through the first 12-14 weeks, then start splitting carries with the fresh new guy to get him up to speed for the playoffs.

I think you can use either, they still do punch it in on short yardage plays.

I'd slightly prefer Wilson just because if Bradshaw does aggravate any injury they are going to hold him out. They are still 2 games clear in the East and I would imagine they really don't care about seeding since it seems unlikely they can sneak up to #2.

Still, I guess if you have another option you think will get 10+ points you might just go with that instead.
_______________________________________

Leopard Shark
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012
Sand$: 312.00
I like Wilson, speedy, shifty. But if he fumbles again then all bets are off. Bradshaw can always get tackled by the turf monster and hurt something. If I was pushed to start one, I would drop in Wilson because with the above mentioned risks, his ceiling is so much higher, he has a lot more drive then AB. Kid had an amazing total yardage last game and that only comes with desire and willingness to take hits. He sees himself as being a great one and if you are starting him, that is all you can ask from him. Granted he is a smaller guy and a rookie but he did not play much to have hit a wall or wear out. Once they begin to use him in the screen game (which is probably what they are working on right now) you will reap the rewards.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16808
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,160.44
tiberius_100 wrote:I like Wilson, speedy, shifty. But if he fumbles again then all bets are off. Bradshaw can always get tackled by the turf monster and hurt something. If I was pushed to start one, I would drop in Wilson because with the above mentioned risks, his ceiling is so much higher, he has a lot more drive then AB. Kid had an amazing total yardage last game and that only comes with desire and willingness to take hits. He sees himself as being a great one and if you are starting him, that is all you can ask from him. Granted he is a smaller guy and a rookie but he did not play much to have hit a wall or wear out. Once they begin to use him in the screen game (which is probably what they are working on right now) you will reap the rewards.


Why are so many people acting like Wilson rushed for 200 yards last night? Most of his yardage numbers came from kickoffs, which the majority of leagues don't factor into scoring. You're telling me that Wilson returns kickoffs because he has desire and willingness to take hits?
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
Great White Shark
Posts: 3923
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012
Sand$: 9,098.04
Well, he also had 100 yards and 2 TDs... including a nice goal line score.

I think the concern is not so much about him putting up 200 yards, but about how many touches he takes away from Bradshaw.

They are also facing Atlanta, who can give up a lot of yards. Atl is 23rd in rushing yards allowed.
_______________________________________

User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16808
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,160.44
licker wrote:Well, he also had 100 yards and 2 TDs... including a nice goal line score.

I think the concern is not so much about him putting up 200 yards, but about how many touches he takes away from Bradshaw.

They are also facing Atlanta, who can give up a lot of yards. Atl is 23rd in rushing yards allowed.


Oh I know. He looked pretty good. I think he'll eat into Bradshaw's carries some, but if Bradshaw is healthy, he's the guy.

In any case, I won't be starting Bradshaw this week in my Flex. I'll be using Forte instead.
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
Whale Shark
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009
Sand$: 2,758.06
licker wrote:Well, he also had 100 yards and 2 TDs... including a nice goal line score.

I think the concern is not so much about him putting up 200 yards, but about how many touches he takes away from Bradshaw.

They are also facing Atlanta, who can give up a lot of yards. Atl is 23rd in rushing yards allowed.
They actually are #1 in points allowed for RBs since week 10. At this point, looking iffy on Bradshaw even playing period. Even though it was the Saints, Wilson's performance is nothing to sneeze at. He was drafted to be the guy eventually and he might get his shot this week. Not sure if I will start either if Bradshaw is healthy. Will start McFadden or Moreno instead.
_______________________________________

12 Team .5 PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Dalton (streaming)
RB: Forsett, D.Murray, Woodhead, Bernard, Mathews, David Johnson
WR: Julio, Hopkins, Matthews, Parker
TE: Kelce, Eifert
Def: Jets
K: Franks (streaming)
Leopard Shark
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012
Sand$: 312.00
Jcb890 wrote:
tiberius_100 wrote:I like Wilson, speedy, shifty. But if he fumbles again then all bets are off. Bradshaw can always get tackled by the turf monster and hurt something. If I was pushed to start one, I would drop in Wilson because with the above mentioned risks, his ceiling is so much higher, he has a lot more drive then AB. Kid had an amazing total yardage last game and that only comes with desire and willingness to take hits. He sees himself as being a great one and if you are starting him, that is all you can ask from him. Granted he is a smaller guy and a rookie but he did not play much to have hit a wall or wear out. Once they begin to use him in the screen game (which is probably what they are working on right now) you will reap the rewards.


Why are so many people acting like Wilson rushed for 200 yards last night? Most of his yardage numbers came from kickoffs, which the majority of leagues don't factor into scoring. You're telling me that Wilson returns kickoffs because he has desire and willingness to take hits?


No just making a point dipstick...This is not where you argue with people but state your opinions (but obviously you have none) observations...

If you are looking to pick a fight...wrong place...WWW THOUGH GUY!!! :-k
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010
Sand$: 1,532.00
im seriously contemplating starting him over vick ballard if bradshaw is questionable.
_______________________________________

14 man .5 PPR, 6pts rush/rec, 4 pass td
QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K
QB-Ryan
RB-Murray, Jennings, Hill, Hyde, Blount, Cunningham
WRs-Julio, Patterson, Cooks, Marvin Jones
TE-Cameron, Ertz
D- Steelers
K-
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008
Sand$: 3,975.56
Huge issue for me this week as I have both AB and DW. I have a stable of other backs (BJGE, Demarco, Leshoure) and would love to go with BJGE and Demarco with DW in the flex (my league counts return yards). Problem is Dallas hosts the Steelers. :F
Leopard Shark
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012
Sand$: 312.00
ryanpstew wrote:im seriously contemplating starting him over vick ballard if bradshaw is questionable.


Ballard is not a bad option but a bad match up tho.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16808
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,160.44
tiberius_100 wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
tiberius_100 wrote:I like Wilson, speedy, shifty. But if he fumbles again then all bets are off. Bradshaw can always get tackled by the turf monster and hurt something. If I was pushed to start one, I would drop in Wilson because with the above mentioned risks, his ceiling is so much higher, he has a lot more drive then AB. Kid had an amazing total yardage last game and that only comes with desire and willingness to take hits. He sees himself as being a great one and if you are starting him, that is all you can ask from him. Granted he is a smaller guy and a rookie but he did not play much to have hit a wall or wear out. Once they begin to use him in the screen game (which is probably what they are working on right now) you will reap the rewards.


Why are so many people acting like Wilson rushed for 200 yards last night? Most of his yardage numbers came from kickoffs, which the majority of leagues don't factor into scoring. You're telling me that Wilson returns kickoffs because he has desire and willingness to take hits?


No just making a point dipstick...This is not where you argue with people but state your opinions (but obviously you have none) observations...

If you are looking to pick a fight...wrong place...WWW THOUGH GUY!!! :-k


Haha what? Re-read what you wrote and what I bolded and tell me that it doesn't sound stupid. Trust me, it does.

My opinion is that if Bradshaw is healthy, he's the guy. If Bradshaw goes down, Wilson has big value. Otherwise, you should be able to do better.
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 2 guests