FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 07.30.2014, 04:04

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 15:28 

Sand$: 46919
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Roddy White was held out of Wednesday's practice with a knee injury.

We'll know more when practice is over and Mike Smith speaks, but at a minimum it's something to monitor.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 15:32 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12352
Donate
jax.gif
Well if he missed the game, I think it may hurt Julio rather than help him. Webster would probably be locked onto him and they would double him.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 16:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7667
Donate
jax.gif
I am starting M.Ryan vs guy w/ Roddy.

So mixed on this news.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 16:10 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 86
Donate
ten.gif
hankrip wrote:
I am starting M.Ryan vs guy w/ Roddy.

So mixed on this news.

If White is out Ryan rides the pine for Freeman. If Roddy sits it affects everything from QB to TE and RB. Playoffs are intense....

2012 Extreme Sharks Baseball CHAMP!

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 16:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13746
Donate
atl.gif
Mike Smith expects Roddy to practice tomorrow. It's being updated as a minor knee injury but for those who want to worry themselves.

@AJCFalcons: I would tell y'all more about White's injury, but my request for the MRI was denied. Jason Snelling did say he didn't have an MRI.

D. Orlando Ledbetter is also a pot stirring idiot though so take anything he says with a grain of salt. He later updated Roddy's injury status with the knee injury being minor and Smith saying he expects him to practice tomorrow.

Best part of this was Roddy calling it a MCL machine on twitter a few days ago.

Oh and for you Matt Ryan owners he has a bad head cold right now.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 16:50 

Sand$: 46919
Donate
nyj.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
Mike Smith expects Roddy to practice tomorrow. It's being updated as a minor knee injury but for those who want to worry themselves.

@AJCFalcons: I would tell y'all more about White's injury, but my request for the MRI was denied. Jason Snelling did say he didn't have an MRI.

D. Orlando Ledbetter is also a pot stirring idiot though so take anything he says with a grain of salt. He later updated Roddy's injury status with the knee injury being minor and Smith saying he expects him to practice tomorrow.

Best part of this was Roddy calling it a MCL machine on twitter a few days ago.

Oh and for you Matt Ryan owners he has a bad head cold right now.

Good stuff ATL, thanks. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 16:56 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
^ I'm one of those Ryan owners. One of our idiot fans started a thread on our main forum saying Matt Ryan has the flu, he heard it on twitter. No one asked for confirmation of the tweet or report of the flu until I showed up 4 pages deep! 4 pages! If you search twitter Matt Ryan and the flu does not come up, only reports of a head cold which Matt himself confirmed at the presser today but if I hear differently I'll let you fellow Ryan owners know.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 17:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6881
Donate
ugh...i'm also between matt ryan and josh freeman this week with everything on the line. would love to start freeman against the NO defense but he was freakin 14 for 34 last week or something atrocious like that. I'm gonna be laboring over this until the last minute I suppose.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 17:21 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3260
Donate
det.gif
WasteOfTime wrote:
ugh...i'm also between matt ryan and josh freeman this week with everything on the line. would love to start freeman against the NO defense but he was freakin 14 for 34 last week or something atrocious like that. I'm gonna be laboring over this until the last minute I suppose.

If it makes you feel any better, I filtered out the top 4 "experts" at ranking qb's for this week and they have Freeman and Ryan neck & neck.

Rank
Player (matchup)
Best
Worst
Ave
Std Dev

1 Cam Newton (CAR at SD) 1 2 1.5 0.5
2 Drew Brees (NO vs TB) 1 3 1.8 0.8
3 Peyton Manning (DEN at BAL) 3 5 4.3 0.8
4 Tom Brady (NE vs SF) 2 8 4.5 2.3
5 Aaron Rodgers (GB at CHI) 4 6 5.0 1.0
6 Josh Freeman (TB at NO) 3 8 5.8 1.9
7 Matt Ryan (ATL vs NYG) 4 8 6.3 1.5
8 Matthew Stafford (DET at ARI)

for what it's worth

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 18:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6881
Donate
that does not help at all! I honestly am more inclined to roll with Freeman right now. He went for huge points against NO last time. 420 and 3 touchdowns.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 18:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 4978
Donate
chi.gif
Had to chime in here because I'm also a Ryan vs Freeman person. So far I had Freeman sitting in the lineup. This morning I switched to Ryan...there is a decent chance I'll be back to Freeman by Friday. My only concern with Freeman is that NO is so bad against the run that they unearthed diamond in the rough David Wilson last week. Imagine what Doug Martin can do to these guys...

At least with Ryan I don't have to worry about Michael Turner "finding himself" against the Giants, and with Jacquizz you're still getting passing stats from Ryan.

As far as Roddy goes - I think he plays this looks minor. If he sits out, I disagree with whoever said it negatively affects Julio. I think it's a positive for Julio - Gonzalez is still there and Julio gets almost all the WR action, he's talented enough to beat extra attention.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 19:23 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 86
Donate
ten.gif
OrtonHearsAWho wrote:
Had to chime in here because I'm also a Ryan vs Freeman person. So far I had Freeman sitting in the lineup. This morning I switched to Ryan...there is a decent chance I'll be back to Freeman by Friday. My only concern with Freeman is that NO is so bad against the run that they unearthed diamond in the rough David Wilson last week. Imagine what Doug Martin can do to these guys...

At least with Ryan I don't have to worry about Michael Turner "finding himself" against the Giants, and with Jacquizz you're still getting passing stats from Ryan.

As far as Roddy goes - I think he plays this looks minor. If he sits out, I disagree with whoever said it negatively affects Julio. I think it's a positive for Julio - Gonzalez is still there and Julio gets almost all the WR action, he's talented enough to beat extra attention.

*tears rolling down cheek*

You had me at "My only concern with Freeman is that NO is so bad against the run that they unearthed diamond in the rough David Wilson last week. Imagine what Doug Martin can do to these guys...At least with Ryan I don't have to worry about Michael Turner "finding himself" against the Giants, and with Jacquizz you're still getting passing stats from Ryan."
You had me at "My only concern with Freeman is that NO is so bad against the run that they unearthed diamond in the rough David Wilson last week. Imagine what Doug Martin can do to these guys...At least with Ryan I don't have to worry about Michael Turner "finding himself" against the Giants, and with Jacquizz you're still getting passing stats from Ryan."

2012 Extreme Sharks Baseball CHAMP!

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 21:33 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17647
Donate
atl.gif
Roddy always ends up on the injury report. Roddy always ends up playing.

PostPosted: Wed 12.12.2012, 21:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
atl.gif
scootm44 wrote:

Don't go to our teams main forum. A select few idiots think Dominique Davis should start since Ryan's "sick" and he's the next coming of Warren Moon.

PostPosted: Thu 12.13.2012, 00:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33002
Donate
car.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
scootm44 wrote:

Don't go to our teams main forum. A select few idiots think Dominique Davis should start since Ryan's "sick" and he's the next coming of Warren Moon.

I disagree. There are many, many more than a few. :wink:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.