FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 08.20.2014, 15:26

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 12:35 

Sand$: 47391
Donate
nyj.gif
I want to be the first to say I would not oppose Woody Johnson driving up to Nick Saban's house with a dump truck filled with money, but I also realize the chances of Saban leaving Alabama are pretty slim. If anything, he'll toy with a NFL team to extract even more money from the university.

With that said, as the NFL season draws to a close I'm sure there's going to be plenty of stories linking Saban to the NFL. Especially if they win yet another national title.

Do you think Saban would be successful if he returned? For those teams needing a new coach, would you be happy if your team gave the keys to Saban?

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 14:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25433
Donate
cle.gif
I would have 0 issue with this hardazz running the Browns. I also believe that there is more appeal to jumping ship again than may appear on the surface. Saban cut his teeth in the NFL, and most guys like that seem to only be truly satisfied with winning against the very best. I understand that from a competition standpoint, if not from a common sense one. Obviously he could stay at Bama for the next 15 years, the real question is does he want too?

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 14:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13788
Donate
atl.gif
Really think he's best suited for college game. He dominates recruiting at Alabama, completely different beast going to the NFL. I wouldn't want Saban to coach my team if we were coach hunting, same way I didn't want my team to go after Bobby Petrino in college.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5964
Donate
phi.gif
I wouldn't mind if the Eagles went after Saban. I also think I heard some quote from him that basically left the possibility for a return to the NFL possible (don't know the source, pretty sure I heard it on the radio), so although it may be unlikely he leaves Alabama it definitely is possible.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33656
Donate
nyj.gif
Saban fits into KC like a glove , just my 2 cents

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:37 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3667
Donate
cle.gif
How much success can Saban have when he doesn't have the talent edge? That's the question...

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
MIami..? huh? i know, sounds good, should have thought of that before..oh, wait..

"I guess I've got to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Thirteen days later, Saban resigned from the Dolphins and was introduced as the new head coach for Alabama.

Let's play, "what what will he do next.."

#-o

Just to refresh everyone's minds over how well he did as decision maker. Right out of the box, Saban went searching for the quarterback Saban wanted for Saban. Saban approached free agent Drew Brees, who was coming off a shoulder injury, offering him the position. However, Brees' shoulder failed the team's physical, and the doctors warned Saban, So Saban says, that Brees would never be close to the quarterback he was in San Diego. Not Saban's fault, Saban said. Doctors fault, not Saban, they made me do that.

Instead, the Saban traded a second round draft pick to the Minnesota Vikings for Daunte Culpepper, who was coming off a knee injury. Saban said, the Doctors screwed the pooch here AGAIN! Big Liars..they said Culpepper would BETTER than ever.."SWEAR they did!" The team also traded a conditional pick to the Detroit Lions for Joey Harrington, and signed rookie free agent Marcus Vick...( whom rumor had it, that Saban had to be beaten with rubber hoses in the basement of the Orange Bowl for 14 consecutive hours to agree to the Doctors demands that Harrington and Vick become the Dolphins future.

The season, of course, did not go ..exactly the way Saban had hoped, with the team losing six of their first seven games. Culpepper ended up on injured reserve, :oops: ..never was the same.. :oops: and Saban, in his week 15 news conference said, the doctors claimed that the original patient files between Bree's and Culpepper were accidentally switched, because... they looked so much alike. Harrington could not shake the damage years in Detroit had done to him, but Saban reports in week 16 that the Doctors said, those files from Harringtons good review were actually from Barry Sanders....because they looked so much alike. As the season neared its conclusion, which would be a three game losing streak for the Dolphins, rumors started to swirl that Saban was heading to Alabama after the year.

BuLL :censor: SABAN said..When the rumors, which Saban continued to deny, culminated at a December 21 news conference, Saban again said,

"I guess I've got to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

Thirteen days later, Saban resigned from the Dolphins and was introduced as the new head coach for Alabama.

I love Playing the,

What did Saban say next game! Itz cool.

He is not NFL worthy, period. Nothing wrong with that, he's great in college, makes great money. That's his place.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:57 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
emjones2001 wrote:
How much success can Saban have when he doesn't have the talent edge? That's the question...

:-k

Quote:
^^^ look above..

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 16:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39352
Donate
pit.gif
anybody wanting saban on their team is hoping to get the #1 overall in 2014. He goes to any NFL team, it will be a mutiny by mid season.

you guys are crazy. :lol: wow.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 16:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
I want to be the first to say I would not oppose Woody Johnson driving up to Nick Saban's house with a dump truck filled with money, but I also realize the chances of Saban leaving Alabama are pretty slim. If anything, he'll toy with a NFL team to extract even more money from the university.

With that said, as the NFL season draws to a close I'm sure there's going to be plenty of stories linking Saban to the NFL. Especially if they win yet another national title.

Do you think Saban would be successful if he returned? For those teams needing a new coach, would you be happy if your team gave the keys to Saban?

Id rather have ryan then saban, easily.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 16:16 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1350
Donate
dal.gif
emjones2001 wrote:

^^^this IS the question

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 18:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7679
Donate
jax.gif
If Saban wins in a couple weeks, he is gone. Maybe not right away, but soon. Guys like him want new challenges. He will follow his master hoody to the pros once again.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 18:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32889
Donate
mia.gif
In Miami, I think it bothered him that he wasn't Lord of the Campus, and the players didn't fear him the way younger men do. I truly don't think he's cut out for Pro ball.

I also don't buy the new story about Brees' shoulder not passing a physical.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 18:17 

Sand$: 47391
Donate
nyj.gif
Elmagister wrote:
In Miami, I think it bothered him that he wasn't Lord of the Campus, and the players didn't fear him the way younger men do. I truly don't think he's cut out for Pro ball.

I also don't buy the new story about Brees' shoulder not passing a physical.

Brees may not have passed a physical, but I'm willing to bet neither did Culpepper.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 18:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
pit.gif
Elmagister wrote:

yep