FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 04.23.2014, 09:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:10 

Sand$: 40242
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Jets announced Greg McElroy as the Week 16 starter versus the Chargers.
The coaching staff was reportedly concerned with the potential fallout from passing over Tim Tebow, but they decided to stick with football over publicity. One option discussed was splitting duties between the two quarterbacks, with McElroy starting but Tebow mixed in more liberally in zone-read/Wildcat looks. Even without the threat of Tebow stealing snaps, McElroy isn't a fantasy option in the Jets' talent-starved run-heavy offense

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:12 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39922
Donate
nyj.gif
this has been one big train wreck of a season. why is it even though the team is 6-8 it feels like 1-15

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:16 

Sand$: 40242
Donate
nyj.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
this has been one big train wreck of a season. why is it even though the team is 6-8 it feels like 1-15

our defense

Jets fans are happy Sanchez is benched, but McElroy is not ready but you have to start him. These last two games are going to be miserable.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
endzoneview wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

our defense

yea they are good but expecting them to pitch shutouts or hold teams to under 10 points a game every week is insane. I can tell i am gonna have fun in the offseason once the what does you team need thread pops up. I may just send in my application to the Jets front office , hell cant do any worst than tanny.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2474
Donate
Prior to the last 8 games or so I thought Sanchez got too much blame. He made it to the afc championship in his first two seasons, and this year he started the first game with a bang , nd has no good receivers to throw to.

But he Shouldbe stayed benched after that cardinals game

Also I would rather see Tebow than McElroy

I checked betus. The jets are the favorite to win that game. No idea how...I'm gonna put $50 on the chargers +2.5. I hope I'm right

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:25 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
and now that BigMac is at QB I am guessing this is the end of the line for Sanchez. You cant bench him and keep him around holding a clipboard next season. especially with that salary. so i am guessing he is traded for a pittance in the offseason to someone willing to take a chance.

Who knows what a change of scenery will do for him

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:29 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 278588
Donate
den.gif
Bout time... Lets see what the kid can do.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:32 
Chum

Sand$: 142
Donate
Does this boost San Diego's defense in week 16?

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:
Prior to the last 8 games or so I thought Sanchez got too much blame. He made it to the afc championship in his first two seasons, and this year he started the first game with a bang , nd has no good receivers to throw to.

I checked betus. The jets are the favorite to win that game. No idea how...I'm gonna put $50 on the chargers +2.5. I hope I'm right

your right he is playing with a depleted wr corp, rbs who cant move the chains and an offensive line that leaked like a sieve. In the years where he went to the AFC Champ. he had a cast around him, decent wrs in their prime, some good Rbs behind a stellar oline. The team ignored replacing the talent on the offensive side of the ball for defensive depth, and the offensive players they did draft (Ducasse, Connor ,Hill, Ganaway, Powell) have either been ineffective due to the bad oline (Powell) , too raw / a project (Hill) , just plain old sucks and should be cut (Ducasse) or now gone due to injuries or could not make team (Connor/Ganaway).

the scouting dept headed by Terry Bradway at times has been able to find gems, but recently i dont know if its due to them or GM Tannenbaum the team has been using alot of picks on risky projects in the hope that they turn into starters.

They need a scapegoat and unfortunately for Mark its him. But this is far from his fault.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:41 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1383
Donate
oak.gif
Loppy wrote:
Does this boost San Diego's defense in week 16?

I think it actually may hurt. I had picked up SD DEF in anticipation of a matchup with the turnover-prone Sanchez. This new kid has got to be better then him, yes?

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17290
Donate
ne.gif
Great picture EZ!

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 15:54 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17290
Donate
ne.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
and now that BigMac is at QB I am guessing this is the end of the line for Sanchez. You cant bench him and keep him around holding a clipboard next season. especially with that salary. so i am guessing he is traded for a pittance in the offseason to someone willing to take a chance.

Sanchez will either be back with the Jets, or released. And the Jets most likely won't release him since they would have to eat $8.5 Million for 2013 as his salary is guaranteed. Honestly, there's not a team in the NFL that would trade a 7th-round pick for Sanchez and his contract. The Jets have only themselves to blame after that awful contract they made with Sanchez.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 16:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39070
Donate
pit.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

your right he is playing with a depleted wr corp, rbs who cant move the chains and an offensive line that leaked like a sieve. In the years where he went to the AFC Champ. he had a cast around him, decent wrs in their prime, some good Rbs behind a stellar oline. The team ignored replacing the talent on the offensive side of the ball for defensive depth, and the offensive players they did draft (Ducasse, Connor ,Hill, Ganaway, Powell) have either been ineffective due to the bad oline (Powell) , too raw / a project (Hill) , just plain old sucks and should be cut (Ducasse) or now gone due to injuries or could not make team (Connor/Ganaway).

the scouting dept headed by Terry Bradway at times has been able to find gems, but recently i dont know if its due to them or GM Tannenbaum the team has been using alot of picks on risky projects in the hope that they turn into starters.

They need a scapegoat and unfortunately for Mark its him. But this is far from his fault.

:F

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 16:12 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
this has been one big Dumpster fire of a season orchastrated by a pyromaniac at the helm who cares more for the limelight, than winning football. Why is it even though the team is 6-8 it feels like 1-15

I fixed that, yep, i did.

PostPosted: Tue 12.18.2012, 16:16 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9054
Donate
cle.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

Sanchez will either be back with the Jets, or released. And the Jets most likely won't release him since they would have to eat $8.5 Million for 2013 as his salary is guaranteed. Honestly, there's not a team in the NFL that would trade a 7th-round pick for Sanchez and his contract. The Jets have only themselves to blame after that awful contract they made with Sanchez.

Sanchez was trending very well as an NFL QB. He showed struggles, setbacks,..but promise. The error was the HC, his big mouth, his need for the limelight, the huge pressure he unnecessarily put on his players with his ragging, pompous, self marketing promotions of stupidity and the big KYBOSH of the ignorant move to allow Tebow, in the media frenzie NY market to backup, a young developing QB who did not use that, could not use that addition as a positive move.