FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 09.01.2014, 06:16

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Seahawks doing right.
PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:00 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
min.gif
I found this post on another webpage post(reddit) and feel it's worth posting here. (not sure if this is right forum on sharks.) Also we hear enough bad about athletes/things going on around the world. Being the holiday season we need more stories like this.

Original headline read

"My cousin had battled cancer since 2007. This week we started tweeting #SeahawksMeetRachel. Then this happened..."

Follow up from the cousin.

"Thanks to Pete Carroll, Greg Scruggs, and the entire Seahawks organization for being pure class. This has been an incredible experience for everyone involved. Edit: turns out Pete Carroll has a gift for her that he'll give on Friday or Sunday. Stay tuned! Thanks for all the well wishes. Edit 2: I'd like to take a second to point out that it doesn't take an NFL player to make a difference in someone's life. You can volunteer at[quote][/quote] hospitals. You can make a person's day just by yourself. And if that sounds too daunting, anyone can make a donation to the American Cancer Society. Happy Holidays!"

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6034
Donate
phi.gif
That's awesome, makes me more of a semi-Seahawks fan than I already was.

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7693
Donate
jax.gif
All NFL teams have players that do a lot of behind the scenes visits with Cancer/terminal patients. I know several Jaguars that are down at Children's Cancer Hospital on a weekly basis. Never publicized, which is the way it should be, imo.

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:14 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 23036
Donate
ne.gif
There really are a lot of great stories like this in all of sports. The NFL has some really great human beings in the organization. I know the local teams (Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins) all do charity stuff around New England as well and a lot of it is not publicized.

Unfortunately, the stories that get the best ratings are the ones about guys like Antonio Cromartie who can't name all 10 of his children, so that's what we get to hear about.

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:16 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6034
Donate
phi.gif
hankrip wrote:
All NFL teams have players that do a lot of behind the scenes visits with Cancer/terminal patients. I know several Jaguars that are down at Children's Cancer Hospital on a weekly basis. Never publicized, which is the way it should be, imo.

Ok Mr. Grinch. This wasn't publicized it was the girl's own twitter feed as well as family members.

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:32 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 13800
Donate
atl.gif
hankrip wrote:

I'd rather hear more about these stories than all the negative ones we have to deal with these days.

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13508
Donate
sea.gif
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:
hankrip wrote:

I'd rather hear more about these stories than all the negative ones we have to deal with these days.

Our boy Russell spends his day off every week at the Seattle Children's Hospital. :thumbright:

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 15:59 

Sand$: 8840
Donate
sf.gif
I am still going to root for the 49ers

PostPosted: Wed 12.19.2012, 17:11 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
min.gif
hankrip wrote:

I feel the opposite. I feel it should be shown and talked about because we don't get enough news that shows humanity is out there and a beautiful thing. Instead we get fires, sex scandles, murders, celebrity gossip etc... I just think we need a balance but unfortunately good deeds don't sell or put butts in the seats.

PostPosted: Thu 12.20.2012, 22:06 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 858
Donate
chi.gif
That's pretty cool. I know Peanut Tillman of the Chicago Bears is really involved in Chicago with children's charities. I have an old, old, Seahawks jersey (Largent era) that I may pull out and wear. The older I get the more it seems to shrink around the middle though.