User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 34690
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 5,499.85
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms reports that Andy Reid is close to becoming the Cardinals next coach, with one source putting the odds at "95 percent."
The hiring could be announced by the end of the week. In fact, one NFL source tells the Philadelphia Inquirer that it's "already a done deal." Multiple outlets are reporting that ex-Browns GM Tom Heckert will reunite with Reid, replacing the recently fired Rod Graves. There's been speculation that ex-Browns coach Pat Shurmur will be named offensive coordinator, completing the Philadelphia trifecta.


Ray Horton is reportedly being interviewed today which will satisfy the Rooney Rule
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8155
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008
Sand$: 12,394.67
So I guess Cards fans can look forward to many more years of overwhelming suckitude. Glad we got that out of the way quickly.
_______________________________________

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 34690
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 5,499.85
I think it would be a perfect hire, especially for Fitz' future fantasy value.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24934
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002
Sand$: 12,546.50
Did Andy Reid just go from one of the worst lines in the league to the worst line in the league? :lol:

In all honesty I think Reid needs to take a year off.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 27114
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007
Sand$: 70,595.85
ATL Souljah Boy wrote:Did Andy Reid just go from one of the worst lines in the league to the worst line in the league? :lol:

In all honesty I think Reid needs to take a year off.


I concur but he'd probably lose his mind.
_______________________________________

I heard that the Lark has died on the mountain. If I knew these words were true I would go with a group of men and arms to fetch the Lark's body home.
User avatar
Blue Shark
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008
Sand$: 1,770.00
does he bring Vick with him? If so, Fitz's value is about to skyrocket.
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 34690
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 5,499.85
Zona beat writers are fighting Schefter

@kentsomers: NFL source: #azcardinals have not yet spoken to Andy Reid. Still want it to happen. Plan to interview others.

I should have known better than to post a BSPN "report"
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 43868
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009
Sand$: 11,791.48
crockett wrote:So I guess Cards fans can look forward to many more years of overwhelming suckitude. Glad we got that out of the way quickly.


Because when you look at Reid's tenure with the Eagles, overwhelming suckitude is what comes to mind. Well, that and 7 Divisional Championships, 37 games over .500, solid drafting, solid QB development, smart trading, etc. The man has had three losing seasons in fourteen.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6350
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 14,166.74
endzoneview wrote:Zona beat writers are fighting Schefter

@kentsomers: NFL source: #azcardinals have not yet spoken to Andy Reid. Still want it to happen. Plan to interview others.

I should have known better than to post a BSPN "report"


This hiring would seem to make a lot of sense. Beat writers are probably either covering the Cards butts on the Rooney Rule or are upset about not being able to break the story first.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 24689
Joined: Wed Dec 7, 2005
Sand$: 33,166.10
bluemist wrote:
endzoneview wrote:Zona beat writers are fighting Schefter

@kentsomers: NFL source: #azcardinals have not yet spoken to Andy Reid. Still want it to happen. Plan to interview others.

I should have known better than to post a BSPN "report"


This hiring would seem to make a lot of sense. Beat writers are probably either covering the Cards butts on the Rooney Rule or are upset about not being able to break the story first.


Supposedly according to rotoworld they are at a snag because Reid wants heckert as GM and the cards dont
_______________________________________

Great White Shark
Posts: 7298
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010
Sand$: 14,887.22
Elmagister wrote:
crockett wrote:So I guess Cards fans can look forward to many more years of overwhelming suckitude. Glad we got that out of the way quickly.


Because when you look at Reid's tenure with the Eagles, overwhelming suckitude is what comes to mind. Well, that and 7 Divisional Championships, 37 games over .500, solid drafting, solid QB development, smart trading, etc. The man has had three losing seasons in fourteen.

Agreed.

Andy Reid is not a bad coach, just as much as Mike Holmgren is not a bad coach.


The failures are in their team owners for making a mistake in giving them GM duties. They both are horrible at staffing decisions, just like Josh McDaniels.



I still think Reid and Heckert go to the Chargers. Holmgren really wants the Arizona job. He lives there. And it's a team "ready to win".
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 8641
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006
Sand$: 17,130.16
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
crockett wrote:So I guess Cards fans can look forward to many more years of overwhelming suckitude. Glad we got that out of the way quickly.


Because when you look at Reid's tenure with the Eagles, overwhelming suckitude is what comes to mind. Well, that and 7 Divisional Championships, 37 games over .500, solid drafting, solid QB development, smart trading, etc. The man has had three losing seasons in fourteen.

Agreed.

Andy Reid is not a bad coach, just as much as Mike Holmgren is not a bad coach.


The failures are in their team owners for making a mistake in giving them GM duties. They both are horrible at staffing decisions, just like Josh McDaniels.



I still think Reid and Heckert go to the Chargers. Holmgren really wants the Arizona job. He lives there. And it's a team "ready to win".


I would be happy if he ended up in KC...
He would be here and Pioli would not
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010
Sand$: 16,683.80
10ball wrote:
jnadke wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
crockett wrote:So I guess Cards fans can look forward to many more years of overwhelming suckitude. Glad we got that out of the way quickly.


Because when you look at Reid's tenure with the Eagles, overwhelming suckitude is what comes to mind. Well, that and 7 Divisional Championships, 37 games over .500, solid drafting, solid QB development, smart trading, etc. The man has had three losing seasons in fourteen.

Agreed.

Andy Reid is not a bad coach, just as much as Mike Holmgren is not a bad coach.


The failures are in their team owners for making a mistake in giving them GM duties. They both are horrible at staffing decisions, just like Josh McDaniels.



I still think Reid and Heckert go to the Chargers. Holmgren really wants the Arizona job. He lives there. And it's a team "ready to win".


I would be happy if he ended up in KC...
He would be here and Pioli would not



According to reports, Clark Hunt AND Pioli are in Philadelphia today interviewing Mr. Reid.
I am confused on so many different levels . . . .
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 25364
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006
Sand$: 19,902.24
Wonder if he will bring Juan Castillo to be the cards new def coordinator. :lol: He needs some time off and some new gameplans. His playcalling became so predictable in Philadelphia that opposing teams knew what was coming before the ball was snapped.
_______________________________________

lousylions wrote:How did you like it in the end Conan?



Image
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34432
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006
Sand$: 109,452.12
Wilbon on PTI, is saying that Andy is not only likely going to be the next coach in Zona', but he might be bringing Vick with him. I would have to think Fitz would be dancing in the streets if that happens.
_______________________________________

Image
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests