FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 10:47

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 04:19 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3362
Donate
no.gif
Joe Flacco has won more games in his first four seasons than any other QB in the NFL.

Once the season is over, do the Ravens franchise him, like the Saints did with D Brees to bide more time? Or does he end up somewhere else?

I know the Ravens defense has won him games in the past (see Dilfer); but clearly, the guy can ball. Is he a top 5 QB...? No. But what type of money do you expect he gets, and what is he worth to the Ravens?

He says, he is not a top 5 QB; but THE top QB!

C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti

Post subject: Re: Flacco's new deal?
PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 04:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16201
Donate
bal.gif
I think they tag him,then see next season how he does without Lewis and possibly Ed and Kruger and Darnell.

X-Men:Days of Future Past 9/10
Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
Godzilla 7/10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7/10
How to Train your Dragon 2 9/10

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 05:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13580
Donate
sea.gif
Kaleb.09 wrote:
I think they tag him,then see next season how he does without Lewis and possibly Ed and Kruger and Darnell.

Probably the best move. That's a raise of what...$8 mil? Big chunk of change to give the guy, but better than tying yourself down if you're not sure, and there's not a lot of certainty with Joe.

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 07:00 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3362
Donate
no.gif
pinksheets wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

Probably the best move. That's a raise of what...$8 mil? Big chunk of change to give the guy, but better than tying yourself down if you're not sure, and there's not a lot of certainty with Joe.

nice raise for a guy not as proven as some of the other QBs in the NFL.

Started out the year strong...his team finished strong.

Well, they know this, he is NOT going to hurt you enough to keep you out of the playoffs.

C Clay, H Miller
N Freese, C Parkey
Carolina, Cincinatti

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 07:47 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15507
Donate
lsumc131 wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

Well, they know this, he is NOT going to hurt you enough to keep you out of the playoffs.

He aint without flaws, but he's better than about 19 other QB atm.

Im with you guys (tag him), but there're a couple of developmental QBs in this years draft.

One might be worth picking up behind him, just so youre not reliant on moving up in 2014 or being left with retreads if things all devolve.

Worst case it means he'll know youre serious about thinking about life without him if he cant meet you in the middle

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 08:35 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39024
Donate
pit.gif
lsumc131 wrote:
pinksheets wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

last 6 games they went 2 - 4, not the way you want to go into the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 10:58 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2740
Donate
ne.gif
I really believe Flacco is no better than mediocre (actually I think he's worse than that, but he has a strong supporting cast...), so I hope the Ravens sign him long term and screw their cap space to replace the talent around him which is aging.

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 11:05 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 3211
Donate
Agree with the guy above me. Don't think Waka Flacco Lame is that good, so hopefully the falling Ravens tie him down and cement their downward post-Ray spiral.

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 11:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 224
Donate
Flacco not amazing but I don't get the hate. Ravens defense isn't the powerhouse it once was and boldin smith pitta isn't exactly a top notch receiving group and its not like they hand it off a ton. Flacco played a decent part in winning the division

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 11:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25272
Donate
ne.gif
I understand that Flacco is supposed to say and think he's the best. Just like Eli Manning did a couple of years back. However, anyone who watches football knows Flacco is not top-5 or even top-10. Here is a list of QB's I'd put ahead of Flacco, in no particular order:

Brady
Brees
Rodgers
Eli Manning
Peyton Manning
Ryan
Romo
Roethlisberger
Luck
Newton
Stafford
Freeman (maybe)
Wilson (maybe)
Dalton (maybe)

Flacco can seemingly only play decent football at home as well. That can't sit well with the Baltimore FO. I think the most likely scenario is that he gets franchised this off-season. If he wants top-5 money, that's not going to happen in Baltimore or even if he hits the open market as a Free Agent. Its just not going to happen. In today's NFL, I don't think Flacco is a "Franchise QB". Baltimore wanted to run almost all no-huddle offense and run everything through Flacco this year... how did that work out?

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 11:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
licker wrote:
I really believe Flacco is no better than mediocre (actually I think he's worse than that, but he has a strong supporting cast...), so I hope the Ravens sign him long term and screw their cap space to replace the talent around him which is aging.

As a Patriots fan, I would love it if the Ravens gave Flacco top-5 QB money.

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 11:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
ne.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:
Flacco not amazing but I don't get the hate. Ravens defense isn't the powerhouse it once was and boldin smith pitta isn't exactly a top notch receiving group and its not like they hand it off a ton. Flacco played a decent part in winning the division

The hate is there because Flacco says he's a top QB or top-5 QB (which he probably should say I guess, gotta have confidence) and he's not even close.

With Baltimore's defense aging and players leaving or retiring they could be in real trouble. Flacco is not a "franchise QB" in my opinion and their defense and running game is what has driven the team to wins and division titles in the past.

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 13:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 16201
Donate
bal.gif
I think for Flacco's sake he better hope that Caldwell stays on next season.

X-Men:Days of Future Past 9/10
Edge of Tomorrow 8/10
The Amazing Spider Man 2 7.5/10
Godzilla 7/10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 7/10
How to Train your Dragon 2 9/10

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 14:24 
SandShark

Sand$: 130
Donate
bal.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
The hate is there because Flacco says he's a top QB or top-5 QB (which he probably should say I guess, gotta have confidence) and he's not even close.

Well if he should say that, seems like a lame reason to dog the guy. That said, I agree that he's no top-5 QB, and not even close at this point.

I do think he's above average. The Ravens have had lots of great defenses over the years, but they've never come close to the level of sustained success they have now. Playoff wins in 5 consecutive seasons happens once a decade on average in the NFL (I believe the Pats have also done it recently).

Point is, you're not going to achieve that with a sub-par QB.

As for his contract, he's not getting top-5 money. The Ravens are smarter than that. They'll tag him if it comes to it. Hopefully it won't so we have a little more breathing room with the cap this offseason.

Jcb890 wrote:
With Baltimore's defense aging and players leaving or retiring they could be in real trouble. Flacco is not a "franchise QB" in my opinion and their defense and running game is what has driven the team to wins and division titles in the past.

People always assume the Raven's defense is old because of Ray and Ed. Ray and Ed are no longer the cornerstones of the defense. That torch has been passed to Ngata, Suggs, and Webb (28, 30, and 27 respectively). Unfortunately Suggs has the achilles injury and Webb tore his ACL this year. So we're seeing a down year. If they can get back to form (not a certainty IMO), then the D will be fine next year.

If anything having both of them come off the books helps our cap. Both were overpaid this season.

PostPosted: Thu 01.10.2013, 18:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25391
Donate
bal.gif
Hey I agree Flacco is not top 5 talent wise or stat wise.
However, Flacco did outperform Brady in both of the last 2 games they have played :thumbright: . This year with a less than stellar defense in Baltimore....

Stats from the September 23, 2012 game:
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
J. Flacco 28/39 382 9.8 3 1 0-0 93.2 117.7
T. Brady 28/41 335 8.2 1 0 2-16 86.0 101.2

And the stats from the AFC championship game Jan22
C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
J. Flacco 22/36 306 8.5 2 1 3-24 43.0 95.4
T. Brady 22/36 239 6.6 0 2 1-5 71.5 57.5

Just sayin... :eusa_snooty:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next