FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 08.22.2014, 22:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Trestman to Bears
PostPosted: Fri 01.11.2013, 11:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14508
Donate
chi.gif
Jimmy Johnson thinks so, anyway.

Quote:
Jimmy Johnson ‏@JimmyJohnson

Looks like 2 of my guys getting NFL jobs..Chud Cleveland and my QB coach at U Trestman to Chicago

Beat writers seem to be in doubt, though.

Last edited by feral pig on Wed 01.16.2013, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 01.11.2013, 22:03 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8637
Donate
chi.gif
My knowledge if Trestman is vry limited. But from what I've read the last couple of days, since his name was mentioned, I kind of like the idea.

PostPosted: Tue 01.15.2013, 21:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13823
Donate
Paddler wrote:
My knowledge if Trestman is vry limited. But from what I've read the last couple of days, since his name was mentioned, I kind of like the idea.

Sure, because any time you can hire a coach from the Canadian Football League . . . who is 56 years old . . . and hasn't coached in the NFL since 2004 . . . you just have to do it.

If this report (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-14/sports/ct-spt-0115-bears-coaching-search--20130115_1_gm-emery-coach-trestman-head-coach) is true, I vote for Bevell.

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,

PostPosted: Tue 01.15.2013, 22:27 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6200
Donate
sea.gif
Not a true Bevell fan here, his playcalling improved over the year as their faith in RDub increased. Wasn't very popular over here for that reason, but I could see why with the late season offensive flurry he is getting consideration. The playoff games are a microcosm of how the season went though, very conservative until they are down quite a bit and forced to open up the playbook. I wonder if he would he carry the zone blocking system with him.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 02:45 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1155
Donate
gb.gif
Quote:
The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears have hired Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman as their new head coach.

The report comes via an "NFL source." The CFL head man and long-time NFL assistant beat out Colts OC Bruce Arians and Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell to replace Lovie Smith. It's a daring, if risky, hire for a team that all too often let dysfunctional offenses sabotage strong defenses under Smith. Trestman has been out of the league since 2004, but was well-regarded before his departure, and oversaw consistently strong units in the CFL. Although Jay Cutler will be adjusting to yet another new system in 2013, it's excellent news for his prospects that the lead voice in the Bears offense will finally be the head coach, and not the offensive coordinator.
Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter Jan 16 - 1:57 AM

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 03:50 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 25451
Donate
cle.gif
fishfry wrote:
Quote:
The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears have hired Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman as their new head coach.

The report comes via an "NFL source." The CFL head man and long-time NFL assistant beat out Colts OC Bruce Arians and Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell to replace Lovie Smith. It's a daring, if risky, hire for a team that all too often let dysfunctional offenses sabotage strong defenses under Smith. Trestman has been out of the league since 2004, but was well-regarded before his departure, and oversaw consistently strong units in the CFL. Although Jay Cutler will be adjusting to yet another new system in 2013, it's excellent news for his prospects that the lead voice in the Bears offense will finally be the head coach, and not the offensive coordinator.

Good hire for da Bears, IMO. Job #1 has to be fixing that awful O-line, which would make that talented offense thrive.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 08:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53236
Donate
chi.gif
bluemist wrote:
fishfry wrote:
Quote:

Good hire for da Bears, IMO. Job #1 has to be fixing that awful O-line, which would make that talented offense thrive.

In 2007, Montreal allowed 68 sacks on 625 drop backs (1 sack per 9.2 passes). In 2008, Trestman's first year as coach, that number fell to 22 sacks on 712 attempts (1 sack/32.4 passes).

Montreal went 8-10 in 2007. In the next five years they went 59-31, went to the Grey Cup three times and won it twice. Their QB went from 17 TDs in 2007 to 48 in 2008 and has been league MVP twice. His QB rating also jumped from career average of 94.9 to over 100 under Trestman.

There are a lot of rumors, too, that this is basically Cutler's prove-it year. It's the last year on his contract, and they want to see his production, his approach, and his professionalism finally match his potential. If he isn't willing to do that, then they're going to move on without him. He's someone Emery and Trestman inherited. They'll be willing to bring in their own guy.

Presser is scheduled for tomorrow. My guess is Trestman is meeting with the current coaching staff today and making decisions on who stays. Rumor is he wants Marinelli to stay and keep the defense intact, at least for now. Makes sense, he has enough to fix on the offensive side.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 08:42 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif

Post subject: Re: Trestman to Bears
PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 09:04 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Being reported Aaron Kromer (Saints OL coach) has accepted OC/OL position in Chicago.

Best news? Bye-bye Vanilla Tice.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 09:15 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 14508
Donate
chi.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
Being reported Aaron Kromer (Saints OL coach) has accepted OC/OL position in Chicago.

Well, you knew that HAD to happen.

Not sure about Marinelli, though. I'd kinda like to see him stay.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 09:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
feral pig wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

Yeah, no way around it. Still, nice to have confirmation. Kromer didn't exactly wow in his 6 game stint as interim-for-the-interim-HC this year, but then again that was a rough situation and that's not what he was hired to do.

I would like Marinelli to stay too. I heard rumors earlier this week that Trestman was open to that. But we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 09:52 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1409
Donate
chi.gif
As a canadian bears fan I know a fair bit about trestman as I watch cfl as well as nfl the guy is about as respected a coach as the league has. All the als have done is win under him. Im not gonna pretend the cfl is anywhere near as good as the nfl but it deserves a littl respect. Its easily the second best pro football league ever and is the oldest at over 100 years old. I think trestman has paid his nfl dues as well and any player who played for him loves the guy. I believe in emery and he took his time and picked who he thought was the best coach regardless of his name or current position.

TE: Sudfeld,pettigrew
k: walsh,feely
DEF:Texans,chiefs
LB: Greenway,weatherspoon
DE/DT: wake,campbell
Sec: Burnett,jenkins

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 09:53 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1409
Donate
chi.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
feral pig wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:

Yeah, no way around it. Still, nice to have confirmation. Kromer didn't exactly wow in his 6 game stint as interim-for-the-interim-HC this year, but then again that was a rough situation and that's not what he was hired to do.

I would like Marinelli to stay too. I heard rumors earlier this week that Trestman was open to that. But we'll see.

I also hope marinelli stays

TE: Sudfeld,pettigrew
k: walsh,feely
DEF:Texans,chiefs
LB: Greenway,weatherspoon
DE/DT: wake,campbell
Sec: Burnett,jenkins

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:08 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Sun-Times says two sources are saying that Marinelli will stay.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2013/01 ... _some.html

Bates has a good shot too. I would guess Hoke stays too, considering he coached both starting CBs for the NFC Pro Bowl team...

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6200
Donate
sea.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:

That sir, is a lot of bears. Seems like they made the best choice of the names being bounced around. Heard of Trestman before, but it's been a while. Definately seems to be quarterback friendly. How much of a bump does this give Cutler, I wonder? All depends on what they do with that O-line perhaps.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next