FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.02.2014, 04:13

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:17 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33694
Donate
nyj.gif
Ok its time for the annual what does your team need thread, and by this i am talking if you were the GM what areas would you address

curious to see what some people think their team could use upgrades.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15049
Donate
jetsman2806 wrote:
Ok its time for the annual what does your team need thread, and by this i am talking if you were the GM what areas would you address

curious to see what some people think their team could use upgrades.

Nice timing, Norms.

In order:

OLB, WR1, QB, OL, S, OLB (again), OL (again)

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 32782
Donate
det.gif
assuming no FAs are resigned at all:

DE, CB, OLB, S, OL, WR2-4, RB

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:46 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32874
Donate
mia.gif
A pass rusher opposite Wake, O-line, regardless of whether Jake stays or goes, CB, WR.

Hoping Vernon can step into the pass rusher role.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:56 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6264
Donate
sea.gif
Seahawks could use a tall/fast/big playmaking receiver or TE. Still need to address their pass rush with a beastly best person available in the draft-I'm guessing at LB or DT. I'd like to see them sign a proven commodity at WR and draft for defense again, or even a monster offensive tackle to make that line better. Giacomini and Okung really settled in towards the end of the year though. Later in the draft they've done well finding some gems, hopefully that will continue to improve all around depth. If they plan on trading Flynn, I assume they'll be looking at QB's as well... not sure what they plan on doing there.

That pass rush needs to improve though, first and foremost. Sure was impressed with Greg Scruggs for being the 232nd pick overall. Another year under his belt should help, and here's hoping Clemons comes back at full strength. :Drink)

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 10:57 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17672
Donate
stl.gif
DC, someone that be both motivational and disciplinarian (we really need Jenkins to stay on the straight-and-narrow), but I don't want him bringing in a whole new system or anything, we already have Fisher for the system. Defensive personnel wise, a ball-hawking safety would be my #1 priority, someone like Earl Thomas. SLB is probably the next need.

For the offense, sign Danny (I think he is a RFA, so that should happen) and bring in a FA WR, someone like Jennings that can play flanker and be consistent. We have a great squad of WR2s in Danny, Givens, and Pettis but we are week at WR1. If SJax leaves we need to draft another RB high, if not we can wait another year. The OLine can always be upgraded.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 11:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
for the Jets lets see where do i start

QB - We need someone who can manage a game and "push" Sanchez for his job. Sanchez's contract all but has him with us this coming season so may as well see if he can earn the job, who knows maybe some real competition from a decent QB (no offense to the tebow lovers) would be a good thing. I am looking along the lines of an Alex Smith (should he get released from SF) or a Kyle Orton, a legitimate chance at starting for one of these guys could be a decent opportunity at a bargain price.

RB - Shonn Greene is a FA which means only Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight are left in the cupboard, I dont expect Shonn to be re-signed as we have other major issues, so I am expecting us to try and draft another RB to compete with Bilal for the job.

FB - The Terminator was cut earlier in the year and in came Lex Hillard who knew Sparanos system, now that Tony is gone I am expecting Lex to follow him out the door. Who knows maybe the Terminator can make a comback.

WR - I have honestly seen college teams with more talent at WR. Stephen Hill is very very raw and needs to be coached up a ton, Santonio is overpaid and to make it worst he just doesnt seem to be a fit in the offense which is tough considering he is the best WR we have. Kerley is a natural slot receiver, Edmund Gates is nothing more than a possession receiver with potential. The rest (Schilens , J.Hill) need to be released. Look for the Jets to try spend another pick on a WR.

TE - Talk about issues, our best threat is a FA , and I doubt keller will be re-signed. Which means Mark's favorite target is now gone, Konrad Reuland & Cumberland are both raw projects, so i am expecting a low tier FA to be brought in.

OL - Big Vlad & Slauson split time at LG for most of the season , probably with the hope that Vlad would learn on the run, he was somewhat decent but I am afraid to see him permanent. Brandon Moore is another year older and Austin Howard is not as bad a Wayne Hunter but he still left alot to be desired. I am expecting at least 1 draft pick to be used on the oline. With a FA or 2 to be brought in.

DL - Some more depth is needed at DT, Pouha is getting older and has had nagging injuries the past few seasons.

LB - With Calvin Pace, Bart Scott & Bryan Thomas all expected to be gone this corp will be totally different from last season, we need speed in the middle (I am thinking using that 1st round pick on Manti T'eo ) between him and David Harris that middle would be totally solid. At OLB we have undrafted FA Garret McIntyre on one side and move Demario Davis to the other OLB.

CB - One of our high price CB's needs to go. if it were my choice Antonio Cromartie would be moved to clear up some much needed cap space. We have been grooming Kyle Wilson the past 2 years its time for him to step into the starting lineup permanently, he did a decent job in replacing Revis last season.

S - With LaRon Landry now hitting FA i doubt he re-signs as we cant shell out the kind of $ he expects, I believe we will make an attempt but we will end up looking to the draft once again to find a S.

damn that was depressing :(

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 11:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53270
Donate
chi.gif
Obviously OL is THE issue. The introduction of the WCO will take a bit of the burden off of them, but they just aren't up to snuff.

I still have hope for Carimi at RT, but Webb was a Tice guy, so he should be gone at LT. Lance Louis has been solid at G, but he's coming off of an ACL tear. Spencer/Rachal need someone to push them. That can be found later in the draft though. I'd like to see Garza replaced at C too. Lovie always valued experience over talent at C. I'd like to see a young guy there who can actually get some bend and leverage.

Playmaking TE is a necessity. Kellen Davis is a parade of mistakes. He has it physically, but it's not working mentally.

Regardless of what happens with Urlacher, they need an heir at MLB. Both Urlacher and his backup (Roach) are UFAs. There's really no other LB depth worth talking about. Costanzo did okay in a couple of instances, but you don't want to rely on him for more than a few snaps here and there.

WR depth needs to be developed. The new scheme might help that, but more depth there is needed.

Sadly, Hester probably ought to be cut. He's a bad receiver and now just a mediocre return man. It might be time to just cut and move on.

More youth at CB, too.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 11:28 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2236
Donate
ne.gif
I'm not sure the Patriots really 'need' much of anything (depending on who stays and leaves).

So I'll go with OL and DL generally for depth. Pass rushers at more of a premium than run stuffers.

However, I'm pretty sure the Patriots will use a high pick on another TE :D

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 11:30 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53270
Donate
chi.gif
licker wrote:
I'm not sure the Patriots really 'need' much of anything (depending on who stays and leaves).

So I'll go with OL and DL generally for depth. Pass rushers at more of a premium than run stuffers.

I can't wait until they just stop using WRs and go 5-wide with TEs.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 11:38 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
nyj.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
licker wrote:

well they are almost there, just need 1 more TE to replace welker :lol:

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 11:38 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2236
Donate
ne.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
vonbearsalot wrote:
licker wrote:

well they are almost there, just need 1 more TE to replace welker :lol:

Eventually they are going to replace the O-line with TEs as well. It will be Brady and 10 TEs on the field.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 11:47 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 1140
Donate
pit.gif
Steelers:

OT: With the numerous shuffling of the offensive line, the team needs a consistent tackle that can stay healthy and perform. That is one of the main reasons the offense struggled the past two seasons, constant shuffling of the offensive line.

DBs: As we have seen over the past several years, with age, comes wear and tear on the body. Troy Polamalu is now in a state of decline and Ryan Clark cannot be the only safety blanket on deep routes. Ike Taylor is also aging and the need for a premier CB will come very soon.

Backup QB: Ben is now in his early 30s, and with the hits he has taken over his career, it's time to find a young, capable backup for #7. Charlie Batch can't launch bombs and Byron Leftwich is erratic 85% of the time.

WR: With Mike Wallace more than likely gone, Roethlisberger no longer has a reliable deep-threat (even though Wallace wasn't much reliable this past season). Antonio Brown is more of a possession receiver and Heath Miller is Ben's biggest security blanket for a key conversion. That leaves Emmanuel Sanders, Jerricho Cotchery, and possibly Plaxico Burress.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 12:15 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12894
Donate
jax.gif
On offense: QB, RT, G

On defense: D-line. Our D-line is awful and we need to definitely address it. Secondary is probably the least important with Cox and Lowery. If Daryl Smith is healthy, then we don't have to worry about LB too much.

PostPosted: Wed 01.16.2013, 12:29 

Sand$: 96191
Donate
A miracle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next