FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.24.2014, 07:46

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 14:17 

Sand$: 57363
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Jerry Jones: Garrett’s no longer calling offensive plays
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 22, 2013, 1:22 PM EST
Jerry Jones AP

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is talking to a group of reporters at the Senior Bowl as we speak, and he said he’s taking a bit of authority from head coach Jason Garrett.

According to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com, Jones said that Garrett would no longer call offensive plays, and that offensive coordinator/line coach Bill Callahan would.

I wonder what Tim Brown thinks?

4 games left - Week 8 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 14:20 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11728
Donate
den.gif
Goooood luck with aaaaallllll THAT.

Signed,
Husker fans

PS: No really, this'll go well. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 14:36 

Sand$: 99072
Donate
Define, realigning the deck chairs on the titanic.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 14:38 

Donate
nyj.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Define, realigning the deck chairs on the titanic.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 15:02 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2118
Donate
sf.gif
Damn you all to hell blasphemers

(2003) - R.I.P.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 15:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25110
Donate
ne.gif
Speculating that this makes it easier to fire Garrett mid-season:

Quote:
Cowboys OC Bill Callahan will call the offensive plays in 2013, not head coach Jason Garrett.
Garrett has been calling plays in Dallas since being named offensive coordinator in 2007 all the way through 2012 as head coach. Callahan, the Cowboys' OC and offensive line coach, will now handle the role while Garrett simply focuses on being a head coach. Jerry Jones seemed intent on stripping Garrett of the duties, so he finally did so. The Cowboys were No. 6 in total offense in 2012. This move will just make it easier for Jones to fire Garrett in-season if he so chooses. Hue Jackson and Mike Tice were also mentioned as potential candidates for the job.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 16:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12010
Donate
gb.gif
Jcb890 wrote:

Now there will be no excuse for his inability to properly determine when to call a timeout.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 16:36 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13859
Donate
pit.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Jerry Jones AP

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is talking to a group of reporters at the Senior Bowl as we speak, and he said he’s taking a bit of authority from head coach Jason Garrett.

According to Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com, Jones said that Garrett would no longer call offensive plays, and that offensive coordinator/line coach Bill Callahan would.

I think that's pretty clear. :lol: :lol:

Now Rice is backing Tim. Sounds like Callaghan has some splainin to do...................

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 16:49 

Sand$: 99072
Donate
jnadke wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:

Now there will be no excuse for his inability to properly determine when to call a timeout.

Logical narrative. Garrett is awful managing the game, but probably lobbied that he was too preoccupied calling plays causing errors due to being overwhelmed. Now he has no excuse, which will make it easy to can him when he shows he just sucks at game management regardless of his other responsibilities.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 18:21 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 156
Donate
dal.gif
Reading the damn tea leaves in Jerruh land is not easy now that Jeruh got the damn tea bags all in one pile...I have read the spectrum on this and get 3 answers:

1. Jerruh is trying to make Garrett quit and not pay him the rest of the contract by making some moves that don't seem to be Garrett's and bring in Gruden when Garrett walks...ala Raiders and Kiffin

2. Jerruh has so much faith in Garrett that he is taking all the smaller responsibilities of his plate by putting in seasoned former HC in valuable places to help Garrett and give him advice ...ala Dick Vermiel @ SL, his staff of Martz, Saunders, Hanifan, White

3. Jerruh is setting Garrett up to fail and has everything in place to go somewhere else if the 2013 season starts slow..

I get the 4-3 move, I even get Kiffen as the DC with Marinelli in the wings, I like the fact the coaching staff of the Cowboys has gotten wiser/better with the 3 HC on staff, that's the good news. But , I don't completely understand the play calling given to Callahan, it might be better but is it Garrett's? Is it Callahan's? Or is it a mesh?

But the simple fact is the play calling of Garrett has been questioned by me, other fans, analysts and the Boys need a change so I think change is needed, hopefully it will be better but from what I know of Callahan's offense, they are diametrically opposed. I am keeping a open mind but after seeing 17 years of this BS, it looks like change for the sake of keeping Jerruh happy is what is going on

Jerruh being the face of the franchise right now is not a good thing

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 18:23 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 110511
Donate
oak.gif
bigredmachineffl wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Jerry Jones AP

Now Rice is backing Tim. Sounds like Callaghan has some splainin to do...................

I knew something smelled fishy for that game. Almost sounds like Callahan sent Gruden the gameplan, the week before.

Last edited by SnakeStabler on Tue 01.22.2013, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 18:24 

Donate
nyj.gif
Third and Long wrote:
Reading the damn tea leaves in Jerruh land is not easy now that Jeruh got the damn tea bags all in one pile...I have read the spectrum on this and get 3 answers:

1. Jerruh is trying to make Garrett quit and not pay him the rest of the contract by making some moves that don't seem to be Garrett's and bring in Gruden when Garrett walks...ala Raiders and Kiffin

2. Jerruh has so much faith in Garrett that he is taking all the smaller responsibilities of his plate by putting in seasoned former HC in valuable places to help Garrett and give him advice ...ala Dick Vermiel @ SL, his staff of Martz, Saunders, Hanifan, White

3. Jerruh is setting Garrett up to fail and has everything in place to go somewhere else if the 2013 season starts slow..

I get the 4-3 move, I even get Kiffen as the DC with Marinelli in the wings, I like the fact the coaching staff of the Cowboys has gotten wiser/better with the 3 HC on staff, that's the good news. But , I don't completely understand the play calling given to Callahan, it might be better but is it Garrett's? Is it Callahan's? Or is it a mesh?

But the simple fact is the play calling of Garrett has been questioned by me, other fans, analysts and the Boys need a change so I think change is needed, hopefully it will be better but from what I know of Callahan's offense, they are diametrically opposed. I am keeping a open mind but after seeing 17 years of this BS, it looks like change for the sake of keeping Jerruh happy is what is going on

I'm going to go with option 1 and mix in option 3 if I can.

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 18:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
SnakeStabler wrote:
bigredmachineffl wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
Quote:
Jerry Jones AP

I knew something smelled fishy for that game. Almost sounds like Callahan sent Gruden the gameplan, the week before.

Not only that, but I was just watching something on ESPN, NFL Live maybe, and they were talking about how John Lynch always said that Oakland/Callaghan never changed the calls and that they knew the plays before the ball was snapped.

I just don't understand why Tim's waited 10 years to let this out, but there does seem to be some validity to his claim. Can't wait to see where this goes. :popcorn:

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 18:41 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
pit.gif
Third and Long wrote:

Are we possibly seeing a 2nd coming of some sorts of Al Davis?

PostPosted: Tue 01.22.2013, 18:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36522
Donate
car.gif
I suddenly feel a lot better about Mike Shula as my team's OC.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.