FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 10.31.2014, 20:54

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Unfair fines
PostPosted: Thu 01.24.2013, 17:42 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11735
Donate
gb.gif
Well, it's official: I can't figure out how the NFL can justify this...

Tom Brady's failed attempt to kick Ed Reed in the 'nads in the AFC Championship game on Sunday will cost him $10,000.

Meanwhile, San Francisco RB Frank Gore was also fined by the NFL for a flagrant violation in the NFC Championship game. His fine was higher than Brady's: $10,500. Boy, whatever Gore did must've been pretty bad, right?

Gore was fined for wearing his socks too low!!!!

So a failed kick to the 'nads is ruled to be not as severe as a case of low hanging socks. It begs the question:

"How much would Brady have been fined if his foot had actually found it's target?"

Post subject: Re: Unfair fines
PostPosted: Thu 01.24.2013, 17:44 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 11782
Donate
sf.gif
crockett wrote:

Tom Brady's failed attempt to kick Ed Reed in the 'nads in the AFC Championship game on Sunday will cost him $10,000.

Meanwhile, San Francisco RB Frank Gore was also fined by the NFL for a flagrant violation in the NFC Championship game. His fine was higher than Brady's: $10,500. Boy, whatever Gore did must've been pretty bad, right?

So a failed kick to the 'nads is ruled to be not as severe as a case of low hanging socks. It begs the question:

"How much would Brady have been fined if his foot had actually found it's target?"

I think Frank was a repeat offender, which is why his fine was higher.

PostPosted: Thu 01.24.2013, 17:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
mobsters wrote:
crockett wrote:

I don't care if Gore wore his socks low every week this season...IMO there is no way that a uniform violation should be higher than a flagrant kick to the fellas, even one that failed to connect.

PostPosted: Thu 01.24.2013, 18:03 

Sand$: 55255
Donate
nyj.gif
mobsters wrote:
crockett wrote:

/thread

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Thu 01.24.2013, 18:08 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 39028
Donate
pit.gif
crockett wrote:
mobsters wrote:
crockett wrote:

I don't care if Gore wore his socks low every week this season...IMO there is no way that a uniform violation should be higher than a flagrant kick to the fellas, even one that failed to connect.

previous poster is right. fines get worse for repeat offenders, and you already knew that.

PostPosted: Thu 01.24.2013, 18:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 110681
Donate
oak.gif
I am just shocked that the NFL poster boy Brady, got fined for anything.

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 09:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 717
Donate
nfllogo.gif
This thread was started for the simple reason that Crocky wanted to refer to nuts as "the fellas" again.

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 12:16 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1787
Donate
I didnt see the brady deal, but good God what the hell? Socks too low, are u serious? That just sounds like the I wanna fine him "just because"

Same with marshall this year. Wrong shade of orange bear cleats and they fine him. Now I think the whole NFL is a bunch of overpaid, over hyped cry babies, but for something as trivial as this is horse crap. Sure, they can afford it, but sheesh, so retarted in my opinion

Te- Jared Cook, gresham
Idp- Lawerence Timmons
Def-Giants
K-Crosby

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 12:30 

Sand$: 55255
Donate
nyj.gif
allen3388 wrote:
I didnt see the brady deal, but good God what the hell? Socks too low, are u serious? That just sounds like the I wanna fine him "just because"

Same with marshall this year. Wrong shade of orange bear cleats and they fine him. Now I think the whole NFL is a bunch of overpaid, over hyped cry babies, but for something as trivial as this is horse crap. Sure, they can afford it, but sheesh, so retarted in my opinion

If you don't fine for these small infractions, you'd have guys like Chad Johnson wearing capes and crazy crap. You have to nip it in the bud. I have zero problem with it.

Week 9 Bets Posted

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 12:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25294
Donate
ne.gif
endzoneview wrote:
allen3388 wrote:

If you don't fine for these small infractions, you'd have guys like Chad Johnson wearing capes and crazy crap. You have to nip it in the bud. I have zero problem with it.

Pretty much. This is nothing new either. They have been fining guys for years for wearing incorrectly colored cleats/sweatbands/etc.

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 12:59 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 5506
Donate
car.gif
SnakeStabler wrote:

agreed.

complaining about the amount that brady got fined is missing the point that the league had the balls to fine brady for anything.

how many here thought that was possible? i know i sure wasn't expecting him to get fined.

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 13:22 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 36782
Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:
allen3388 wrote:

And it's not like it's completely spelled out what is expected from the dress code. People in here whining over it like it was such a shock are the only real surprise. But let's get real, it's a "loooook at MEEEE!!!" thread starter anyway. Ban it.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 13:28 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30196
Donate
dal.gif
raynman wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:

agreed.

complaining about the amount that brady got fined is missing the point that the league had the balls to fine brady for anything.

how many here thought that was possible? i know i sure wasn't expecting him to get fined.

I was skeptical, I was surprised when i heard Brady actually got fined.

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 17:18 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:
allen3388 wrote:

Okey Doke, Barney:

PostPosted: Fri 01.25.2013, 17:25 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
gb.gif
Jcb890 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
allen3388 wrote:

Pretty much. This is nothing new either. They have been fining guys for years for wearing incorrectly colored cleats/sweatbands/etc.

well, I know that and in most cases I don't have a problem with it. But in this case, the guy was in the middle of a freakin' Championship game. He's in the moment and try to help his team move on to the Super Bowl. I'm quite certain that the height of his socks was not first and foremost on his mind, nor should they have been.

Also, if you want to fine him for that, make it $500 or $1000. Hell, make it $5000. But the thing that just shocked me was that he was fined MORE for a sock violation than Brady was for blatantly trying to injure another player. If they're going to fine Gore $10,500 for his socks, the Brady's fine should have been twice as much, IMO...because attempting to deliberately injure someone is FAR worse than low riding socks IMO.