Unfair fines

Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,362.62
Well, it's official: I can't figure out how the NFL can justify this...

Tom Brady's failed attempt to kick Ed Reed in the 'nads in the AFC Championship game on Sunday will cost him $10,000.

Meanwhile, San Francisco RB Frank Gore was also fined by the NFL for a flagrant violation in the NFC Championship game. His fine was higher than Brady's: $10,500. Boy, whatever Gore did must've been pretty bad, right?

Gore was fined for wearing his socks too low!!!!

So a failed kick to the 'nads is ruled to be not as severe as a case of low hanging socks. It begs the question:

"How much would Brady have been fined if his foot had actually found it's target?"

The Tank's reigning POS...and damn proud of it!!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,762.96
crockett wrote:Well, it's official: I can't figure out how the NFL can justify this...

Tom Brady's failed attempt to kick Ed Reed in the 'nads in the AFC Championship game on Sunday will cost him $10,000.

Meanwhile, San Francisco RB Frank Gore was also fined by the NFL for a flagrant violation in the NFC Championship game. His fine was higher than Brady's: $10,500. Boy, whatever Gore did must've been pretty bad, right?

So a failed kick to the 'nads is ruled to be not as severe as a case of low hanging socks. It begs the question:

"How much would Brady have been fined if his foot had actually found it's target?"

I think Frank was a repeat offender, which is why his fine was higher.
Great White Shark
mobsters wrote:
crockett wrote:Well, it's official: I can't figure out how the NFL can justify this...

I don't care if Gore wore his socks low every week this season...IMO there is no way that a uniform violation should be higher than a flagrant kick to the fellas, even one that failed to connect.

Sand$: 716.95
mobsters wrote:

/thread
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,934.18
crockett wrote:
mobsters wrote:

I don't care if Gore wore his socks low every week this season...IMO there is no way that a uniform violation should be higher than a flagrant kick to the fellas, even one that failed to connect.

previous poster is right. fines get worse for repeat offenders, and you already knew that.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 111,468.46
I am just shocked that the NFL poster boy Brady, got fined for anything.

2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,886.62
This thread was started for the simple reason that Crocky wanted to refer to nuts as "the fellas" again.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 1,837.98
I didnt see the brady deal, but good God what the hell? Socks too low, are u serious? That just sounds like the I wanna fine him "just because"

Same with marshall this year. Wrong shade of orange bear cleats and they fine him. Now I think the whole NFL is a bunch of overpaid, over hyped cry babies, but for something as trivial as this is horse crap. Sure, they can afford it, but sheesh, so retarted in my opinion

QB- Wilson, rivers
HB- Gore, Hyde, DMC, Martin, rainey, stacy, ball
Wr- AJ, Lafell, Sanu, wright, britt, amendola, torrey smith
Te- Graham, Jenkins
Idp- Anthony Barr
Def- Chiefs
Taxi, Cobb, turbin, Oliver
WR-Lockett, perriman, marquis lee
Sand$: 716.95
allen3388 wrote:I didnt see the brady deal, but good God what the hell? Socks too low, are u serious? That just sounds like the I wanna fine him "just because"

Same with marshall this year. Wrong shade of orange bear cleats and they fine him. Now I think the whole NFL is a bunch of overpaid, over hyped cry babies, but for something as trivial as this is horse crap. Sure, they can afford it, but sheesh, so retarted in my opinion

If you don't fine for these small infractions, you'd have guys like Chad Johnson wearing capes and crazy crap. You have to nip it in the bud. I have zero problem with it.
Megalodon
Sand$: 51,087.86
endzoneview wrote:
allen3388 wrote:I didnt see the brady deal, but good God what the hell? Socks too low, are u serious? That just sounds like the I wanna fine him "just because"

If you don't fine for these small infractions, you'd have guys like Chad Johnson wearing capes and crazy crap. You have to nip it in the bud. I have zero problem with it.

Pretty much. This is nothing new either. They have been fining guys for years for wearing incorrectly colored cleats/sweatbands/etc.

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
Megalodon
Sand$: 5,506.00
SnakeStabler wrote:I am just shocked that the NFL poster boy Brady, got fined for anything.

agreed.

complaining about the amount that brady got fined is missing the point that the league had the balls to fine brady for anything.

how many here thought that was possible? i know i sure wasn't expecting him to get fined.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,145.60
endzoneview wrote:

And it's not like it's completely spelled out what is expected from the dress code. People in here whining over it like it was such a shock are the only real surprise. But let's get real, it's a "loooook at MEEEE!!!" thread starter anyway. Ban it.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Megalodon
Sand$: 36,812.02
raynman wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:I am just shocked that the NFL poster boy Brady, got fined for anything.

agreed.

complaining about the amount that brady got fined is missing the point that the league had the balls to fine brady for anything.

how many here thought that was possible? i know i sure wasn't expecting him to get fined.

I was skeptical, I was surprised when i heard Brady actually got fined.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=329576
10th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:

Okey Doke, Barney:

Great White Shark
Jcb890 wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Pretty much. This is nothing new either. They have been fining guys for years for wearing incorrectly colored cleats/sweatbands/etc.

well, I know that and in most cases I don't have a problem with it. But in this case, the guy was in the middle of a freakin' Championship game. He's in the moment and try to help his team move on to the Super Bowl. I'm quite certain that the height of his socks was not first and foremost on his mind, nor should they have been.

Also, if you want to fine him for that, make it $500 or $1000. Hell, make it $5000. But the thing that just shocked me was that he was fined MORE for a sock violation than Brady was for blatantly trying to injure another player. If they're going to fine Gore $10,500 for his socks, the Brady's fine should have been twice as much, IMO...because attempting to deliberately injure someone is FAR worse than low riding socks IMO.