Combine Questions...

Post Reply  
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1912
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008
Sand$: 4,000.86
How far is this questioning going?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/leveon-bell-says-he-was-asked-questions-about-sexuality/

I know the owners are paying $$$$ for these players services, but is HR helping them through this???
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16316
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009
Sand$: 35,290.26
I heard the NFL is launching an investigation and issued a PC statement regarding sexual orientation and employment in the league.
_______________________________________

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=336835
11th Annual Kicker Defense Challenge
Can you win a yahoo public league picking DEF/K in the 1st 2 rounds?

500 sand entry fee
2015 winners
Endzoneview
Craphead
Crackhead Bob
PMG
Palmerac
Mako Shark
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009
Sand$: 3,235.16
According the Rotoworld, the player involved thought it was a joke but it didn`t read that way looking at the questions asked.
They were definitly fishing for something.
Looking at the interview the Bengals gave, I guess they want to make sure the players can pay attention for at least 30 minutes and be able to repeat what was discussed.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36212
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 147,458.92
:lol: The question: "Do you like girls?" is not necessarily about sexuality..


Image
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,119.36
people are way too sensitive these days.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16927
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,429.12
Does the NFL legally have to adhere to all of the other regulations like other companies do in regards to non-discrimination, Equal Opportunity, etc.?

If they don't have to adhere to any of those labor laws, then they can ask whatever they want.

If they do have to adhere to the labor laws, then they cannot ask these types of questions because they can be deemed discriminatory.
_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5199
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007
Sand$: 13,849.32
SonOfDad wrote:people are way too sensitive these days.

Maybe. But the question still is quite likely a veiled homophobic one. They just feel uncomfortable asking: Are you a f*a*g? 'Cause we don't employ f*a*g*s in football.

You give Jerrah Jones and his fellow owners far too much credit if you think they are completely open to anything but a man's club, where 'boys will be boys.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 5199
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007
Sand$: 13,849.32
Jcb890 wrote:Does the NFL legally have to adhere to all of the other regulations like other companies do in regards to non-discrimination, Equal Opportunity, etc.?

If they don't have to adhere to any of those labor laws, then they can ask whatever they want.

If they do have to adhere to the labor laws, then they cannot ask these types of questions because they can be deemed discriminatory.

It is not against the law to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation in many states. Here is a map that shows the general state laws. In many it is against the law to discriminate based on sexual orientation in PUBLIC employment, but of course the NFL is private. And many states have no laws preventing discrimination but instead have laws that discriminate. That is, laws that specifically declare marriage, and prevent adoptions, etc. In Texas, despite the Supreme Court ruling the laws unconstitutional, the Texas Penal Code still classifies same-sex sexual acts as criminal. Jerrah can actively discriminate. He can ask, and he can discriminate. On the other hand, the New Jersey Giants and New Jersey Jets cannot.

http://www.aclu.org/maps/non-discrimination-laws-state-state-information-map
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 34711
Joined: Sat Aug 1, 2009
Sand$: 5,533.37
whowhatwherewhenhow?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 33872
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003
Sand$: 16,406.08
"can we smell your penis?"
_______________________________________

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 16927
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012
Sand$: 51,429.12
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:"can we smell your penis?"


Why you comin' home at 5 in the morn?
Somethin's goin' on
Can I smell yo dick?

_______________________________________

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 14864
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004
Sand$: 31,119.36
votingmachine wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:people are way too sensitive these days.

Maybe. But the question still is quite likely a veiled homophobic one. They just feel uncomfortable asking: Are you a f*a*g? 'Cause we don't employ f*a*g*s in football.

You give Jerrah Jones and his fellow owners far too much credit if you think they are completely open to anything but a man's club, where 'boys will be boys.

who cares.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28389
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 38,863.80
birddog wrote::lol: The question: "Do you like girls?" is not necessarily about sexuality..


Image


one of the best stand up skits i've ever seen in my life.
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount Saint Jackass" - Sean Baligian
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 44797
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005
Sand$: 43,854.10
SonOfDad wrote:
votingmachine wrote:
SonOfDad wrote:people are way too sensitive these days.

Maybe. But the question still is quite likely a veiled homophobic one. They just feel uncomfortable asking: Are you a f*a*g? 'Cause we don't employ f*a*g*s in football.

You give Jerrah Jones and his fellow owners far too much credit if you think they are completely open to anything but a man's club, where 'boys will be boys.

who cares.


And let's face it, locker rooms are still homophobic. If a player were to come out it would be a burden on the team and the player. It's inviting a headache, even in today's society.
_______________________________________

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15689
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012
Sand$: 39,755.52
Well you have to be somewhat gay to be a Center...guys hand in between your thighs and against your nuts LOL.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Killer Bs and 9 guests