FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Wed 11.26.2014, 05:01

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: Mon 04.08.2013, 13:04 

Sand$: 48550
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Kevin Kolb: I’m in Buffalo to win a Super Bowl, period
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 8, 2013, 1:47 PM EDT

Bills quarterback Kevin Kolb isn’t shy about expressing his high expectations in Buffalo.

In his introductory press conference today, Kolb proclaimed that the only thing he’ll be satisfied with is bringing the Vince Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo.

“I’m here to win a Super Bowl. Period,” Kolb said.

First things first, Kolb needs to win the starting job. All the Bills are saying now is that they consider Kolb a strong candidate to be the starter, but he’ll have to compete in camp with Tarvaris Jackson, Aaron Corp, and probably a rookie, as the Bills are likely to draft a quarterback in two weeks.

If Kolb does earn the starting job, he’ll be the starting quarterback on a team that few people see as a playoff contender, let along a title contender. Kolb knows how low the expectations are, and he likes that.

“It’s good to come to an organization like this,” Kolb said. “They’re hungry. It’ll be nice to come out and surprise some people.”

It’s safe to say that if Kolb does win a Super Bowl in Buffalo, that will surprise some people.

Well, I like the confidence. It probably would have been more realistic to say "I came here to try to remain injury and concussion free for 6 games straight".

The Bills have the makings of a dangerous team, they are just missing that main ingredient at QB. Kolb is not the answer, despite the public posturing that he will be a "great fit" for the system. It's going to be interesting to see which rookie they select to enter the competition.

Quote:
“He’s a player we had targeted since he became a free agent,” Nix said. “We think we’ve added a good one. He should be a strong candidate in the competition for the starting quarterback position.”

PostPosted: Mon 04.08.2013, 13:26 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12646
Donate
gb.gif
endzoneview wrote:
The Bills have the makings of a dangerous team, they are just missing that main ingredient at QB. Kolb is not the answer, despite the public posturing that he will be a "great fit" for the system. It's going to be interesting to see which rookie they select to enter the competition.

Well, of course.

But it does put them in a position to not overpay. They can take whatever at #8, and then swing around at #41 and take Nassib (if Marrone truly likes him).

If Marrone doesn't convince his GM to take him at #41, then it says a lot about his confidence in Nassib.

PostPosted: Tue 04.09.2013, 11:15 

Donate
nyj.gif
Finally some details on the Kolb deal and they are pretty much exactly what we thought:

Quote:
Kolb is guaranteed to make only $1 million, and the contract has a base value of $6.1 million. This means that $6.9 million is tied up in escalators and incentives and other factors that likely require Kolb to actually play — and play well — to get the money.

Kolb and Tarvaris Jackson likely are competing for the same roster spot. If Jackson goes, the Bills will be out $500,000. If Kolb goes, they’ll be out $1 million.

via PFT

full article here: Kolb deal "screams backup" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ms-backup/

The only real question is do the Bills take a 1st round QB or a 2nd round QB to add to the mix and make this competition interesting.

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m

Bills deal with Kevin Kolb is essentially 1yr, $3M with $1M guaranteed. Buffalo still very open for business at QB, including 1st round

PostPosted: Tue 04.09.2013, 11:39 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37908
Donate
car.gif
Tebow!!!!!

They could line Tebow and TJax up together in the backfield and then split them both out and snap to Spiller. He can't throw any worse than either of them anyway. :lol:

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Tue 04.09.2013, 22:17 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9628
Donate
cle.gif
I really think Kolb has a strong career in Buffalo. I dont have any evidence other than I believe he has the talent, always did, but his previous situation was wrong on a lot of levels. I can eally see him turning the corner here, and I'd love to see for Bill fans!

PostPosted: Tue 04.09.2013, 23:23 

Donate
nyj.gif
Fighting Amish wrote:
I really think Kolb has a strong career in Buffalo. I dont have any evidence other than I believe he has the talent, always did, but his previous situation was wrong on a lot of levels. I can eally see him turning the corner here, and I'd love to see for Bill fans!

If I was a Bills fan, you're previous pro-Colt McCoy and pro-Sanchez sentiments would make me worry about this prediction. :D

PostPosted: Tue 04.09.2013, 23:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1358
Donate
I forgot tjax existed, and I had to google aaron corp to make sure it was a person and not an activist group....I dont see Kolb not getting the starting job. I don't think hes terrible. I wouldn't call the bills potentially dangerous though. Outside of spiller theres not a lot to get excited about IMO

PostPosted: Wed 04.10.2013, 04:07 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
endzoneview wrote:
Fighting Amish wrote:

If I was a Bills fan, you're previous pro-Colt McCoy and pro-Sanchez sentiments would make me worry about this prediction. :D

:lol: having the talent to produce is half the battle. Seeing talent in a player and not watching him get the right coaching, being in the right scheme, utilized correctly is frustrating. My opinion on a players ability and growth potential doesnt change much unless I see regression, attitude issues, discipline issues. Ive found in coaching that with the right leadership and coaching methods, you can make players thrive and far excel their dreams as to what their capabilities are. Colt can play in teh NFl..his chances in Cleveland have been next to zero. His rookie year he showed the potential that was there with huge wins. He was used ineffectively for the most part but his 2nd year filled with the strike and no camp, new coach, new scheme..regressed him.

Sanchez has shown talent and upside that anyone could see. Took his team to 2 successive AFC title games, and did very well. Young and improving, with the right coaching, there was no telling how far he could go. His coaches derailed his progress and F'd with his mental mechanics, confidence, and him thinking far too much instead of relying on honed skills and instincts which separate the young prospects to mature all pro's. Just my take on those guys. I think my assessment is still correct, hopefully they can blossom with the right teaching.

Kolb..Kolb is more of a gut reaction. have seen far too little of him for any concrete analysis, but I like his upside with a fesh start in Buffalo. Im optimistic.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue 04.16.2013, 13:29 

Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Buddy Nix: Bills wouldn't be reaching if they take QB at No. 8

"This quarterback class is better than everybody thinks it is," Bills General Manager Buddy Nix said today at the club's annual pre-draft press luncheon. "It's better than the publicity they get.

"Five or six of those guys -- maybe seven -- do a lot of things good and do them good enough to win. This is not a standard answer. I've said this from the start, that two or three of these guys will be franchise quarterbacks. I believe that."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-cove ... -no-8.html

PostPosted: Tue 04.16.2013, 15:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15767
Donate
:censor:

Has someone given the old coot the 2012 scouting videos by mistake or something? :F

PostPosted: Wed 04.17.2013, 10:41 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 1884
Donate
Nassib's draft stock seems to be rising.
IMO I don't think there's any chance Nassib will be there at #41 in the 2nd round. If the Bills want him... they will have to trade up into the 1st to get him. I also wouldn't be THAT surprised if they ended up taking a QB at #8. You never know.

I've read a couple different times that the Jets are high on Nassib as well. Jets could jump up and snag him before the Bills get the chance (assuming that the Bills are sold on Nassib). I'm really curious as to where he might go. He's one of the wild cards in this draft. Would not be surprised by anything.

PostPosted: Wed 04.17.2013, 11:22 

Donate
nyj.gif
FWIW

Quote:
Bills GM Buddy Nix hinted that he won't take a guard with the No. 8 overall pick.
Buffalo lost both Andy Levitre and top backup Chad Rinehart in free agency, leaving them with Colin Brown and Kraig Urbik as starters. But Nix claims that guard is not a need. "Not at all. Not at all. I know people have said we’re taking one of those top two guards. Our roster in house is better than I think we get credit for especially offensive line. We're pretty deep there. We've got six guards and we think a couple of them can play."

PostPosted: Wed 04.17.2013, 23:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37908
Donate
car.gif
endzoneview wrote:
FWIW

Quote:
Bills GM Buddy Nix hinted that he won't take a guard with the No. 8 overall pick.
Buffalo lost both Andy Levitre and top backup Chad Rinehart in free agency, leaving them with Colin Brown and Kraig Urbik as starters. But Nix claims that guard is not a need. "Not at all. Not at all. I know people have said we’re taking one of those top two guards. Our roster in house is better than I think we get credit for especially offensive line. We're pretty deep there. We've got six guards and we think a couple of them can play."

That part made me laugh. Well, we know at least 4 of you scrubs suck........

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Thu 04.18.2013, 07:45 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15767
Donate
pwbowen wrote:
endzoneview wrote:
FWIW

Quote:

That part made me laugh. Well, we know at least 4 of you scrubs suck........

The full transcript is online (some of the pertinent stuff is in the IDP forum). Buddy sounds like a GM for ... oh, about 15% of the time approximately :F

Im just going to pray that Brandon is pulling the strings and BN is just a sideshow. Gotta live in hope :( . The 90's a long time ago now.

PostPosted: Thu 04.18.2013, 08:05 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
cle.gif
:-k :-k :-k

Why does the Bills and Ryan Nassib sound like it's going to happen to me. Just a gut feeling here..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next