FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Sat 10.25.2014, 18:35

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 08:13 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 2676
Donate
atl.gif
I know it's early... but already there are some teams getting tons of attention from the fantasy community and some that aren't. What teams do you think are "under rated" for 2013? This is all speculation of course, but it seems like a topic where some good points could be brought up...

Colts - Out of all sophomore QBs, I think Luck will have the best year. An upgrade at RB and a leaky D means fantasy points by the truck load.

Bucs - Tons of talent of offense... and they play in a division where opposing teams score a ton. They'll have to keep up to compete and ATL, NO and CAR do not have shut down defenses.

Bengals - Don't know what it is, but I like the Dalton/AJ Green combo. I think Dalton is under rated and great value as late as he's projected to go in fantasy drafts.

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham
2 Roster Spots used for Waiver Picks

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 08:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15491
Donate
Hi6hLyTe wrote:
I know it's early... but already there are some teams getting tons of attention from the fantasy community and some that aren't. What teams do you think are "under rated" for 2013? This is all speculation of course, but it seems like a topic where some good points could be brought up...

Colts - Out of all sophomore QBs, I think Luck will have the best year. An upgrade at RB and a leaky D means fantasy points by the truck load.

Bucs - Tons of talent of offense... and they play in a division where opposing teams score a ton. They'll have to keep up to compete and ATL, NO and CAR do not have shut down defenses.

Bengals - Don't know what it is, but I like the Dalton/AJ Green combo. I think Dalton is under rated and great value as late as he's projected to go in fantasy drafts.

Id be VERY surprised if anyone is under rating the Indy offense this year ...

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 08:34 
Mako Shark

Donate
atl.gif
jamcutpost wrote:
Hi6hLyTe wrote:

Id be VERY surprised if anyone is under rating the Indy offense this year ...

I'm just not hearing/seeing a lot about them. Also, Indy players are going in mid-late rounds in mock drafts. Seems under rated to me... so far at least.

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 09:55 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6192
Donate
dal.gif
I'm expecting the Rams to put up some better points this year; Austin is going to open up a lot for Bradford (assuming he can stay on the field).

Although it's worth noting I think the running game is questionable.

12 teamer (3 of 12)
Rivers/Lacy/Gore/Nelson/Cobb/FJAX/D.Walker/Tucker/SEA

14 teamer (4-3)
Ryan/Jennings/Tate/Julio/Crabtree/Watkins/Jimmy/Bradshaw(f)/McManus/DEN

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 10:00 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25116
Donate
ne.gif
Hi6hLyTe wrote:

The Colts and Luck are not underrated. There is a LOT of Luck discussion just about everywhere and everyone knows what Reggie Wayne is. Bradshaw/Ballard I'll be staying away from. I like TY Hilton a lot as a sleeper, though he's not really even a sleeper any more either.

How are the Bucs underrated? Everyone knows Martin and VJax. Also, I think their offense takes a step up this year with their defensive additions helping out the team overall.

Bengals - everyone in the league likes the Dalton/AJ Green combo. But, mostly for AJ Green. The only way Dalton is going to be decent in FF is if he gets Sanu to step up and be a reliable #2 WR. They already have a little gadget #3 guy in Hawkins.

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 10:01 
Chum

Sand$: 148
Donate
Some under the radar offenses that are not being spoken about much are:

-bills
-cards
-steelers
-Vikings
-chargers

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 10:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 25116
Donate
ne.gif
thewhale wrote:

-bills
-cards
-steelers
-Vikings
-chargers

Vikings: Spoken about quite a bit. Mostly due to AP and Rudolph. Outside of that, they don't have much on offense.
Bills: Outside of Spiller and Stevie Johnson, they don't have much.
Cards: Outside of Fitzgerald, they don't have much. Mendenhall, Palmer and Floyd might have a little sleeper appeal.
Steelers: Lost their #1 WR and deep threat. Not sure what's going on at RB. A lot of their players are flying under the radar though. Good choice.
Chargers: They are a mess right now and it starts with Rivers. I'll take DX as a flier at this point, but that's about it.

EDIT - forgot about Jennings going to the Vikings. He might have an OK year if Ponder can manage to get him the ball.

Last edited by Jcb890 on Wed 06.26.2013, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 10:57 
Mako Shark

Donate
atl.gif
thewhale wrote:

-bills
-cards
-steelers
-Vikings
-chargers

Vikings - maybe a little. Not sure if Ponder and Jennings are going to step up in the passing department. I do like Rudolph's value, especially since the TE mess in NE has thinned out the TE rankings a bit. AP we all know is not under rated.

Chargers - I think they are where they need to be. It seems as if they'll be the same team that they were over the past few years, while all of their division mates have improved a lot.

Cards and Steelers are definitely under rated.

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 11:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1719
Donate
cin.gif
I think Chargers and Steelers probably fit this description the most. I think the Chargers have just enough to have several fantasy relevant players, and the Steelers just always find a way to get it done, no matter who is playing for them.

Bengals could surprise some this year but only if all the pieces fall together. Dalton *could* be a low end QB1 but I certainly wouldn't draft him as such. For all his flaws IRL, he does put of decent FF stats (was a high-end QB2 in most leagues last year).

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 11:50 
Mako Shark

Donate
atl.gif
bunnywafer wrote:
I think Chargers and Steelers probably fit this description the most. I think the Chargers have just enough to have several fantasy relevant players, and the Steelers just always find a way to get it done, no matter who is playing for them.

Bengals could surprise some this year but only if all the pieces fall together. Dalton *could* be a low end QB1 but I certainly wouldn't draft him as such. For all his flaws IRL, he does put of decent FF stats (was a high-end QB2 in most leagues last year).

I drafted Peyton Manning and the Dalton last year as my QB platoon. There were questions last year as to whether Manning would return to form... those were answered. Dalton torched defenses early in the season and then tapered off. But once his numbers started to fade, Manning picked up production.

I expect Dalton to put up better numbers this year.

TE - Vernon Davis
D - Seattle
K - Shaun Suisham

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 14:26 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 9082
Donate
cle.gif
BROWNS

Top O-line

excellant rb

Tall and fast powerful wr's

Small and high speed wr improving at a great rate

Norv and HC are excellant offensive minds

Weeden Much better suited to this offense

lots of speed

Def will be top 10
#1 underrated O

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 14:49 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 38952
Donate
pit.gif
infntnub wrote:
I'm expecting the Rams to put up some better points this year; Austin is going to open up a lot for Bradford (assuming he can stay on the field).

tavon is going to open up the offense by catching a bunch of bubble screens and short passes? if anything quick and givens will open up the offense more than tavon.

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 15:47 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7929
Donate
jax.gif
rugger48 wrote:
infntnub wrote:

tavon is going to open up the offense by catching a bunch of bubble screens and short passes? if anything quick and givens will open up the offense more than tavon.

If 2 of the worst offensive minds/playcallers in NFL today (Schotty Jr and Fisher) weren't in charge, I might agree.

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 16:48 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 7769
Donate
ind.gif
Hi6hLyTe wrote:
bunnywafer wrote:

I drafted Peyton Manning and the Dalton last year as my QB platoon. There were questions last year as to whether Manning would return to form... those were answered. Dalton torched defenses early in the season and then tapered off. But once his numbers started to fade, Manning picked up production.

I expect Dalton to put up better numbers this year.

I think Dalton is a very good QB ... but still a developing prospect. He could easily grow to VERY good, but so far he has still seemed to find the NFL a bit too fast. I don't see holes ... just the need for ordinary growth and experience. I also think that Giovanni Bernard has high potential. They added a top level rookie TE, who should add another good set of hands.

And of course Bernard must be destined for greatness:
Bernard 5'9" and 205 pounds.
Ray Rice 5'8" and 212 pounds.
Maurice Jones-Drew 5'7" and 208 pounds.
:waffen093: :---)

PostPosted: Wed 06.26.2013, 16:49 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12012
Donate
gb.gif
Hi6hLyTe wrote:
I drafted Peyton Manning and the Dalton last year as my QB platoon. There were questions last year as to whether Manning would return to form...

Not sure if that's supposed to imply expertise or what. A lot more people expected Peyton Manning to return to form than not.

And Dalton, he finished a low end QB1. The problem with Dalton is the conservative offense under Jay Gruden, and his low completion percentage (read: inaccuracy) above 20 yards. Also, the Bengals schedule looks reeaaaally crappy passing-wise. Bears, Packers, Pats, Jets, Phins, Vikings. In an INT penalty-heavy league I'm not liking that at all.

IMO, underrated right now is the Cardinals and the Chargers.

Cardinals: NFC West plays the AFC South and NFC South. Some of the worst pass defenses in the league last year. Cards will be facing the Colts, Jags, Titans, Bucs (normally bad, but Cards play them early in the season), Aints, Panthers, and ATL (#28 pass defense). And then there's this dude named Bruce Arians. This is going to be a different offense than the dink-and-dunk WCO crap that Weisenhunt pulled on Fitzgerald. TEs will be used for blocking, OLine issues will disappear.

Chargers: The Chargers will probably have a bad enough defense that Phillip Rivers will be passing all day long. I'd look for him to eclipse 4000 yards, and their offense is good enough to put that up. They have DX, and don't forget the budding star Vincent Brown will be back in play. I think people undervalue him.

Dark horses go to the Rams and Browns, because in theory they have all the pieces to be great (fantastic OLines, good receivers [but brand new and inexperienced], good-in-theory-but-unproven QBs, and good offensive systems), but I don't know if it will all gel together to get something fantasy worthy this year.

Last edited by jnadke on Wed 06.26.2013, 17:32, edited 3 times in total.