Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,588.90
...is going so late in Mock drafts? I've been getting him in the 8th round. Seems like he should be much higher. Like at least the 6th round. :-k

Rivers, Newton,
Charles, Sporles, TRich
Amendola, Steve Smith, Shorts, Michael Floyd, Harry Douglas,
Julian Thomas,
Seahawks
Succup Bullock
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,567.30
Not ready to trust him to duplicate the playoff run long term.

Sand$: 5.63
und2006 wrote:Not ready to trust him to duplicate the playoff run long term.

X2

I'm one of the few people (only?) down on the Niners this year as a whole
Megalodon
Sand$: 38,650.04
that would be a steal. I'd think he won't last that late in a real draft. 6-7 round seems right to me.
Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:
und2006 wrote:Not ready to trust him to duplicate the playoff run long term.

X2

I'm one of the few people (only?) down on the Niners this year as a whole

wait until you see how better the niners are this year :thumbright:
Mako Shark
Sand$: 436.00
wait until you see how better the niners are this year :thumbright:[/quote]

meh.
That does seem late though, on ESPN he's going in the 6th, around the same on Yahoo. I don't quite yet trust him enough to draft him any earlier than the 7th round in 10 team leagues. The potential is there, and that's what you're drafting when you grab Kaep.

Bottom Dweller 12: Shivakamini Somakandarkram (8-1; 1239 pts)
R Wilson, Big Ben
Forte, Foster, J Bell, F Jackson, Roy Helu, C Hyde
A Brown, Garcon, Edelman, Fitzgerald
Bennett, Kelce
Gano
Steelers
Megalodon
Sand$: 73,199.56
hes the 7th or 8th qb off the board in MFL? whats the problem.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,213.72
Kaepernick was my keeper this year (didn't cost me a draft pick to keep because he was a WW pickup), so I'm really hoping he puts up good numbers this year. How do you think he does this year?

10 Team Keeper League

QBs- Rivers
RBs- Charles, Spiller, Hill, Abdullah, Woodhead
WRs- DT, Evans, Matthews, Hopkins, Moncrief
TEs- Gronk, Reed
D/ST- Streaming
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,803.36
i think the big issue is Michael crabtree not being out there and defenses perhaps scheming for him
Megalodon
Sand$: 50,559.32
mkurylowski wrote:i think the big issue is Michael crabtree not being out there and defenses perhaps scheming for him

This.

I was very high on Kapernick coming into the off-season. With Crabtree being out for the entire year (or at least most of the year) I am not nearly as high on Kaepernick. I still like him and think he has a pretty safe floor due to his rushing abilities, but that Crabtree loss is big.

Do you play Daily Fantasy Football yet? You should!

Draft Kings - https://www.draftkings.com/r/Jcb890
Star Fantasy Leagues - https://www.starfantasyleagues.com/?referral=Jcb890
Fantasy Draft - https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Jcb890
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 11,119.84
I think the idea that D-coordinators are going to come up with an end-all-be-all answer to the Read Option over the offseason is funny. Not to say they can't scheme to limit it, but it's not going to get shut down and go away.
Megalodon
Sand$: 18,513.78
Like a lot of things about him including the fact that he knows exactly how important he/the QB position is to the team and that his default when running is to get out of bounds / go down to avoid un-necessary hits.

Running QB's are always a risk but with him, it's a hair less given his size and my point above.

Whole bunch of upside with him - risk too. With his running skills, he'd be a threat for 500+ rushing yards in a non-read scheme.
Last edited by jesteva on Mon 07.29.2013, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

Whale Shark
Sand$: 423.00
I have a hard time biting on a QB early unless they've logged 2-3 solid seasons in a row. One of my leagues last year had a guy taking Cam Newton at the 1st/2nd round elbow (2nd QB off the board) with the thought that he'd be a lock as the #1/2 QB for the year.

Proud member of -
Deep Platinum Dynasty League
Blue Shark League #2
Megalodon
Jcb890 wrote:
mkurylowski wrote:i think the big issue is Michael crabtree not being out there and defenses perhaps scheming for him

This.

I was very high on Kapernick coming into the off-season. With Crabtree being out for the entire year (or at least most of the year) I am not nearly as high on Kaepernick. I still like him and think he has a pretty safe floor due to his rushing abilities, but that Crabtree loss is big.

i don't think the Crabtree loss is that big...maybe if it happened in the middle of the season but it's early and he has Boldin now. Guys will step up...they will be fine. Also looking at the rookie TE they picked Vance Mcdonald...he's going to be solid.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,341.04
Jim Harbaugh was able to turn around Alex Smith's career (at least for a season). I believe in Harbaugh's ability to develop a QB and I think this is a HUGE plus for Kaep. Not to mention a top 3 offensive line.

The limiting factors are the lack of pass-catching weapons and that they will still be a run-based offense with a legit Defense. I still think Kaepernick is worth a shot where he is being drafted. His upside is massive.