FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Mon 07.28.2014, 23:37

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2 QB Leauge
PostPosted: Thu 08.01.2013, 19:40 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2095
Donate
ne.gif
In A 2 QB League with 6 PT passing TDs how early would you draft a QB?

Post subject: Re: 2 QB Leauge
PostPosted: Thu 08.01.2013, 19:53 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 12334
Donate
jax.gif
First round, depending on my pick. Typically, it's suicide to go into the 3rd round without a QB in those leagues. Maybe this year is different with everyone waiting on QBs, but I still would bank on going RB, QB or QB, RB.

PostPosted: Thu 08.01.2013, 20:18 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 374
Donate
den.gif
My main homer league is a 2 QB league. You wouldn't believe how fast QB's fly off the board. I'd say including keepers that the top 10 to 15 QB's are gone by the middle of round 3.

WR: Cobb/Fitzgerald/Garcon/Nicks/S. Johnson/Jennings/Harvin
TE: Thomas/Reed
K: Bailey
D: Chiefs

PostPosted: Thu 08.01.2013, 21:38 
Chum

Sand$: 64
Donate
In the middle slow draft for a 10 team 2QB league have played in for 3 years and was surprised QBs did NOT fly off as expected. In past years half the first round were QBs easily.

This time, got Cam at 2/8 and Luck, Ryan, Stafford, Wilson, Brady,Kapernuck, Romo all on the board for when it comes back to me in 4 picks. Everybody went for RB heavy (I took Martin at 1/3).

So looking at going RB-QB-QB-RB-WR. If people go QB nuts after me in a panic there should be good pickings left in rounds 4 and 5

PostPosted: Thu 08.01.2013, 23:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 45548
Donate
phi.gif
in my hometown league 10 team 2 qb by round 2 there where 7 qbs taken so make sure you get one by round 3 at the latest imo also depends on what the required starters are in other positions as well

twitter @nicdolas

PostPosted: Fri 08.02.2013, 06:56 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 32966
Donate
car.gif
I go QB at 1.1. My 2 QB league (10 teams) they go fast, typically 10 are gone by end of round 2. There are 11 QBs that I like this year and I would even consider going QB/QB if one of them falls to me in round 2. With 6 point TDs that moves Newton down a few spots and Griffin, Wilson and Kaepernick are the bottom 3 of my top 11.

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Fri 08.02.2013, 13:51 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2095
Donate
ne.gif
At 1.1 I am torn and might pick Rodgers 1st. Then go RB-RB, I honestly rather have a middle pick right now.

PostPosted: Fri 08.02.2013, 14:14 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1568
Donate
gunssforhire wrote:
At 1.1 I am torn and might pick Rodgers 1st. Then go RB-RB, I honestly rather have a middle pick right now.

I was just about to mention the same thing. I've always liked my 2 QB drafts better if I pick towards the middle or the elbow. Picking 1st overall is brutal. If it were me? I'd go Brees or Rodgers. AP is hard to pass up, but you'll be screwed for QB's by the time your next pick rolls around.

The more teams in the league... the more it leads me to take QB first overall.

Last edited by Tacks652 on Fri 08.02.2013, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri 08.02.2013, 14:36 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Tacks652 wrote:
gunssforhire wrote:

I was just about to mention the same thing. I've always liked my 2 QB drafts better if I pick towards the middle or the elbow. Picking 1st overall is brutual. If it were me? I'd go Brees or Rodgers. AP is hard to pass up, but you'll be screwed for QB's by the time your next pick rolls around.

The more teams in the league... the more it leads me to take QB first overall.

I'd go Brees. Much less chance of being hurt and no history of concussions like Rodgers. It's not like Rodgers put up more points that he did last year and that New Orleans defense will still be towards the bottom of the league.

I was the smartest person I knew, certainly I had wherewithal to unravel the mysteries that lay at the heart of a moron.

PostPosted: Sat 08.03.2013, 10:36 
SandShark

Sand$: 155
Donate
mia.gif
I've only played in a 2QB starters league once and did not care to repeat the experience.
I think it greatly exaggerates the position such that he/she with the best 2 QBs is likely to win the league...

I'd grab early and often... and get 3 decent ones (min).
This year is a little better b/c QB depth seems extra strong... but the value of this position in this set up makes them largely un-droppable... and there won't be s*&t on the waiver wire, and it will be a mad crazy dash upon QB injuries/replacements...

there will be surprise/unknown players that emerge at every other position... but rarely at QB (maybe Geno?...)

I guess we need to know how many teams in your league (sorry if I missed that part)... but if it is 12+... have fun... kinda surprised with the 6 points for passing TDs... as it simply makes QB production the dominant factor throughout the league.

PS: Pats suck

PPS: QBs will also be MAJOR trade bait... so grab a ton and trade for what you want post draft (or post week 1 or 2 when others figure out they are too thin at QB)

PostPosted: Sat 08.03.2013, 14:25 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
car.gif
Creep3147 wrote:
I've only played in a 2QB starters league once and did not care to repeat the experience.
I think it greatly exaggerates the position such that he/she with the best 2 QBs is likely to win the league...

I'd grab early and often... and get 3 decent ones (min).
This year is a little better b/c QB depth seems extra strong... but the value of this position in this set up makes them largely un-droppable... and there won't be s*&t on the waiver wire, and it will be a mad crazy dash upon QB injuries/replacements...

there will be surprise/unknown players that emerge at every other position... but rarely at QB (maybe Geno?...)

I guess we need to know how many teams in your league (sorry if I missed that part)... but if it is 12+... have fun... kinda surprised with the 6 points for passing TDs... as it simply makes QB production the dominant factor throughout the league.

PS: Pats suck

PPS: QBs will also be MAJOR trade bait... so grab a ton and trade for what you want post draft (or post week 1 or 2 when others figure out they are too thin at QB)

And that's why I think you have to have a position limit at QB, to prevent HORDING as an effective draft tool. That's too easy IMO.

I think the scoring has to be carefully examined in a 2 QB league. And also a bigger lineup so that just one position isn't the end-all be-all.

PostPosted: Sat 08.03.2013, 23:09 
SandShark

Sand$: 134
Donate
I am also in a 6pt QB league where we can put a QB in the flex (which is essensially a 2 QB league). I've been struggling to know when to draft a QB. I'm a little surprised the consensus on here is to grab QBs quick and early. Last year I got lucky and won the league but I was hurting at RB all year so I've been thinking all off season that I would go RB-RB-QB-QB.

It's tough. It's impossible to mock for too.

TE: Bennet

10 Man, .5 PPR, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/OP (QB/RB/WR/TE), 6 pts all TDs

PostPosted: Sun 08.04.2013, 02:28 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 370
Donate
det.gif
Markulous wrote:
First round, depending on my pick. Typically, it's suicide to go into the 3rd round without a QB in those leagues. Maybe this year is different with everyone waiting on QBs, but I still would bank on going RB, QB or QB, RB.

This

PostPosted: Sun 08.04.2013, 02:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 15637
Donate
pit.gif
I've been in a 2 QB league for a few years now and QB's have gone fast every year. I had the 1.1 last year and took Rodgers and then got Big Ben in the 4th. I took Wilson in the 10th and that obviously paid off great for me. My problem last year was Demarco Murray and Nicks being just about invisible and it cost me in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I would get Brees or Rodgers and then get the best RB. If there's a fairly serious run on QB's by your 3rd pick, get a 2nd QB before you look at a RB2 or WR1.

Sig by Assassin.

PostPosted: Mon 08.12.2013, 07:24 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 286
Donate
sf.gif
Went into my draft last night with an open mind.
Wanted Brees or Rodgers but if not I was content waiting. Got the 4 and Brady was also gone. Took AP

Qbs flew off the board so I waited. 10 team league.

Ended up with AP, Spiller, Dez, Fitz, Roddy with L Bell as my flex

Ended up with A Smith, Palmer and Vick as my qbs and this year their schedules should help. No they won't beat a Brees straight up. But with that depth I should be ok