FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.18.2014, 16:25

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 848 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next
PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 13:05 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1328
Donate
I apologize ahead of time if there was a thread started for this season, as I could not find one.

Any suggestions? Maybe David Wilson?

12 team, RB/WR/TE flex, 1 ppr
QB- Rivers, Keenum
RB- Forte, Lacy, Woodhead, Stacy
WR- Megatron, Demaryius, Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen
TE- Witten, Gates
Def- KC, SF

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 13:06 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1328
Donate
As a buy low that is.

12 team, RB/WR/TE flex, 1 ppr
QB- Rivers, Keenum
RB- Forte, Lacy, Woodhead, Stacy
WR- Megatron, Demaryius, Antonio Brown, Keenan Allen
TE- Witten, Gates
Def- KC, SF

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 13:30 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 37320
Donate
chi.gif
There aren't likely to be many real buy low options after one week.

Wilson's a guy to target, as are Ridley and MJD, but it's probably going to take at least one more bad week from them before anyone's willing to sell for a significant discount from their draft day prices.

I do like Andre Brown, though, among guys who can legitimately be acquired very cheap. He may be available for next to nothing in a lot of leagues, and he'll certainly get the chance to be involved when he comes back.

There are some obvious sell-high guys, like J.Thomas, Boldin, Reggie Bush, Manning, etc., but it's very tough to make a huge profit after one week.
Also, before the crazy people come out screaming, I should clarify that I think all those guys will continue to be solid-to-great starting options most weeks (while healthy), but it's likely we saw their best games of the season in week 1, and it's certainly worth exploring trade options if you find someone who thinks they've just established new baselines for the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 13:39 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2786
Donate
pit.gif
If you can get anyone to buy Ryan Mathews I would do it now. Only played 20 snaps last night in a game where they were up a lot and could have run the clock out. Maybe you can get someone to just see he scored double digits. They used him terribly. They ran from the shotgun a lot with Ronnie Brown and then made it pretty obvious they were running the ball and went under center with Mathews and there were next to no running lanes

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 13:43 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2786
Donate
pit.gif
Fantasy40 wrote:
If you can get anyone to buy Ryan Mathews I would do it now. Only played 20 snaps last night in a game where they were up a lot and could have run the clock out. Maybe you can get someone to just see he scored double digits. They used him terribly. They ran from the shotgun a lot with Ronnie Brown and then made it pretty obvious they were running the ball and went under center with Mathews and there were next to no running lanes

By ran a lot from the shotgun I mean they ran plays not specifically ran the ball

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 13:59 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 2062
Donate
ne.gif
Vereen if you can handle him not playing for 3-4 weeks.

Edit...

If you are in a dyno :(

Last edited by licker on Tue 09.10.2013, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 14:13 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 19929
Donate
bal.gif
I was thinking Spiller might soon become a decent buy low canidate (provided Panthers bottle him up like the Pats did this past weekend.)

Zero Dark Thirty 8/10
Oblivion 7/10
Rush 9/10
Iron Man 3 7/10
Star Trek Into Darkness 8/10
Man of Steel 7/10
World War Z 7/10
Gravity 8/10
Hunger Games Catching Fire 9/10
THE HOBBIT The Desolation of Smaug 9/10

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 14:32 

Sand$: 94425
Donate
Kaleb.09 wrote:
I was thinking Spiller might soon become a decent buy low canidate (provided Panthers bottle him up like the Pats did this past weekend.)

He needs to be better utilzied than he was last week. Bad job of the coaching staff.

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 15:38 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 14555
Donate
OarChambo wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

He needs to be better utilzied than he was last week. Bad job of the coaching staff.

:roll: If youre going to fumble the ball in your own RZ (which unsurprisingly ended up with a TD drive) and then make amends by only rushing for 2.4ypc, you can either try trade SDC for Ryan Mathews - who did better with only a few more touches - or give the ball to the other back who ended his night with 5.2 yards per clip.

Poor coaching NOT to switch RBs.

Bad day at the office for Spiller this one. NEP knew who they wanted to stop and they did it. Fair play.

I know the popular quote is they were going to run CJ till he puked, but Marrone and Hackett frequently have said theyd ride the hot hand. We just all expected Spiller to do a better job of it.

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 15:51 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 14
Donate
jamcutpost wrote:
I know the popular quote is they were going to run CJ till he puked, but Marrone and Hackett frequently have said theyd ride the hot hand. We just all expected Spiller to do a better job of it.

X2

Davis / Reed

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 16:07 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 8890
Donate
pit.gif
Quote:
I was thinking Spiller might soon become a decent buy low candidate

No one in their right mind is giving up on a likely Rd 1 pick after 2 weeks into the season...assuming he has another lackluster performance this week.

I know you said "soon" which is vague enough that it could be in a few weeks but only an owner who panics would sell low on a Rd 1 pick with as much upside as Spiller does, even after 4-5 weeks. It was 1 week with a rookie QB and a rookie coach. Spiller will be fine.

Realistically, I'd be targeting some players who you might be able to pry from an owner cheaply, assuming they aren't already on your waiver wire....Doug Baldwin, Leonard Hankerson, Brent Celek etc. and roll the dice that they continue to perform.

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 16:46 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 607
Donate
min.gif
Guys I am looking to buy are:
DeAngelo Williams – 100 total yards against a good D and had 17 carries to Tolbert’s 4 (3 to 1 on receptions vs. Tolbert) so it doesn't look like an RBBC. I’m hoping the fumble and the bottom line of 7 fantasy pts distracts people from what I consider overall good signs.

Lamar Millier – Because I can’t “Buy Low” after he has a good game. I don’t watch Cleveland, but people say they’re a good D, so I’m willing to take a risk on Miller if he can be had cheap.

Bryce Brown – If a non-McCoy owner drafted him hoping for something like a 60/40 rushing split, he may be disappointed right now. My logic is McCoy can’t get 500 touches in a season so Brown must have a role.

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 18:34 

Sand$: 94425
Donate
jamcutpost wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

:roll: If youre going to fumble the ball in your own RZ (which unsurprisingly ended up with a TD drive) and then make amends by only rushing for 2.4ypc, you can either try trade SDC for Ryan Mathews - who did better with only a few more touches - or give the ball to the other back who ended his night with 5.2 yards per clip.

Poor coaching NOT to switch RBs.

Bad day at the office for Spiller this one. NEP knew who they wanted to stop and they did it. Fair play.

Dive after dive after job is nothe how a good scheme utilizes Spiller. I am not surprised Jackson outgained him given the plays called.

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 19:08 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 588
Donate
Is Kenbrell Thompkins a buy low candidate? He barely showed up on Sunday. NEP is hurting, since Amendola might be out on Thursday and longer? Gronk still isn't back. Zach poop the bed and is also hurt now. Vereen on IR, Ridley is not much of an receiving back. Yes Edelman will step in for now and be Brady's go to guy. At some point Kenbrell is going to have to step up and take it to the next level. I'm wondering if i should entice the KT owner with my Vincent Brown or TY Hilton.

W-Jeffery, Cooper, Dobson, Moore, Julio(ir)
T-Wright
K-Gould
DB-Burnett
DL-Jordan
LB-Kuechly

PostPosted: Tue 09.10.2013, 19:22 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 30925
Donate
mia.gif
Topaz666 wrote:
Is Kenbrell Thompkins a buy low candidate? He barely showed up on Sunday. NEP is hurting, since Amendola might be out on Thursday and longer? Gronk still isn't back. Zach poop the bed and is also hurt now. Vereen on IR, Ridley is not much of an receiving back. Yes Edelman will step in for now and be Brady's go to guy. At some point Kenbrell is going to have to step up and take it to the next level. I'm wondering if i should entice the KT owner with my Vincent Brown or TY Hilton.

He was likely cheap enough for the owner that they'll be willing to hold, or let you overpay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 848 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 57  Next