FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 04.25.2014, 00:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon 12.09.2013, 00:09 
Leopard Shark

Sand$: 338
Donate
No negative comments, please. Some of us accept invites to leagues set-up by people who don't really watch football but like to be apart of FF. I like money.

So who are the Week 17 RB targets?

Already have Turbin stashed.

PostPosted: Mon 12.09.2013, 07:40 
Honorary Mod (powerless)

Sand$: 2506
Donate
det.gif
Bush/Bell, Lacy and CJ all have good matchups.

DET vs MIN (#24 vs rush)
GB vs CHI (#32 vs rush)
TEN vs HOU (#22 vs rush)

All of these defenses are in the top 10 in regards to points allowed by RBs over the last 4 weeks.

I know these as they are my RBs and we play our championship in week 17 as well (Hate It!)

PostPosted: Mon 12.09.2013, 10:18 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 907
Donate
gridguru wrote:
Bush/Bell, Lacy and CJ all have good matchups.

DET vs MIN (#24 vs rush)
GB vs CHI (#32 vs rush)
TEN vs HOU (#22 vs rush)

All of these defenses are in the top 10 in regards to points allowed by RBs over the last 4 weeks.

I know these as they are my RBs and we play our championship in week 17 as well (Hate It!)

Those guys are going to be owned in every league. I think what he's looking for is players that are likely to have a big role in week 17 that are not typically rostered - people like Turbin because the Seahawks will likely have everything clinched and could be resting Lynch, for example.

Not sure I'd want Peyton Manning as my QB for week 17, or really any of the studs in Denver.

I'm worried about Wilson as my QB, snagged Cutler since I'm assuming he'll be out there week 17.

My league playoffs end 16, but we also have a season point total prize that makes winning week 17 crucial since we are all really close at the top. I feel pretty good about most of my players either needing to still win to stay in the playoff hunt (McCoy, Woodhead, Fitz, Martellus) or being so far out of it they are unlikely to rest (Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown, Morris).

Obviously, things could change in the next couple of weeks, so it can pay to pay attention, watch injuries, etc.

PostPosted: Mon 12.09.2013, 16:28 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 2510
Donate
Target a better league that has week 16 championship

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 12:48 
Blue Shark

Sand$: 907
Donate
Aside from the "get a better league" comments, any thoughts beyond Turbin? I'm thinking the Broncos, Chiefs and Seahawks are sure candidates to rest people in 17 - anyone else?

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 14:17 
Mako Shark

Sand$: 1326
Donate
dal.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:

Very puzzling comment. Considering all the variations of fantasy leagues I think there is more than one right way to play this game, if you don't like fantasy leagues that play championships in week 17 don't sign up for one and no need to comment on them.

I could argue that these leagues truly test the depth of your team and your ability to strategize for possible week 17 benchings amongst other things. Then you could say that these leagues aren't good because the best players may not be available (rest for playoffs and such), some teams may be tanking for draft spots. However the reality is that different people prefer different things so rather than creating pages of slapfighting why don't you just move on to topics about "better leagues".

I DO play in a league that goes all the way to week 17 just like the real NFL, the league is 30 years old and is attached to some of its traditions. Absolutely nothing wrong with this league IMO but don't worry we won't be sending you an invite.

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 14:21 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
greenhornet wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

Very puzzling comment. Considering all the variations of fantasy leagues I think there is more than one right way to play this game, if you don't like fantasy leagues that play championships in week 17 don't sign up for one and no need to comment on them.

I could argue that these leagues truly test the depth of your team and your ability to strategize for possible week 17 benchings amongst other things. Then you could say that these leagues aren't good because the best players may not be available (rest for playoffs and such), some teams may be tanking for draft spots. However the reality is that different people prefer different things so rather than creating pages of slapfighting why don't you just move on to topics about "better leagues".

I DO play in a league that goes all the way to week 17 just like the real NFL, the league is 30 years old and is attached to some of its traditions. Absolutely nothing wrong with this league IMO but don't worry we won't be sending you an invite.

The real nfl goes to the Super Bowl. You could draft teams that play up until then, and if you didn't happen to draft players from the teams in the superbowl, you lose...just like in the real nfl

Hey, if you like week 17 championship , that's cool, I just think it's a bad way to do it

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 16:18 
HammerHead Shark

Sand$: 652
Donate
ne.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:

Literally the first thing the OP said was "no negative comments please". Why not just move on to the next thread after reading that?

Anyways, all the teams that are a game back for homefield have pretty easy games this week. I think most, if not all, teams will be playing their starters week 17 at this point.

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 21:24 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 28292
Donate
dal.gif
fightme151 wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

Literally the first thing the OP said was "no negative comments please". Why not just move on to the next thread after reading that?

That's cute that you think this is a semi-respectable forum. #fartnoise

PostPosted: Thu 12.12.2013, 21:40 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
ne.gif
Craphead wrote:
fightme151 wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

I think the forum is respectable for the most part.

I just don't understand why someone would want to go out of their way to post a jerk comment to a question on a message board. To each his own.

PostPosted: Fri 12.13.2013, 00:06 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
Craphead wrote:
fightme151 wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri 12.13.2013, 00:07 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Donate
fightme151 wrote:
Craphead wrote:
fightme151 wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

I just don't understand why someone would want to go out of their way to post a jerk comment to a question on a message board. To each his own.

get over yourself, i was joking around, made one post, and then 5 people said something about it, and you had to post about it twice, and now this thread has turned into everybody complaining about a small comment I made, instead of the topic

move along

PostPosted: Fri 12.13.2013, 01:23 
HammerHead Shark

Donate
ne.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:
fightme151 wrote:
Craphead wrote:
fightme151 wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

get over yourself, i was joking around, made one post, and then 5 people said something about it, and you had to post about it twice, and now this thread has turned into everybody complaining about a small comment I made, instead of the topic

move along

Haha, so you're basically admitting you are a troll? I'm moving along, you ignored, best of luck to you.

PostPosted: Fri 12.13.2013, 07:31 
Tiger Shark

Sand$: 498
Donate
nyg.gif
Which defense would be the best play week 17:

Titans (at home vs. Texans)

Browns (away vs. Steelers)

Jets (away vs. Miami)

Lions (away vs. Vikings)

PostPosted: Fri 12.13.2013, 15:40 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13019
Donate
greenhornet wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:

I could argue that these leagues truly test the depth of your team and your ability to strategize for possible week 17 benchings amongst other things.

On a whim, I joined a free league on ESPN a few years ago.

Its playoffs are unusual:

2 two-week playoff rounds

Semi-finals Weeks 14 and 15.

Finals Weeks 16 and 17.

Cutler, Ben
Forte, AndreB, Vereen, Trent, Starks
Andre, VJax, Torrey, Cooper, Cordy, Terrance
Martellus, Wright
CIN

Lost to INJ/dope/Shanny: Cobb-Wayne-MJames/Blackmon/RGIII

10-4, 1 seed,