FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.30.2014, 14:54

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2014 dynasty stashes
PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 11:13 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55570
Donate
chi.gif
This is the last week for roster moves in most leagues. Who are guys worth rostering who could make a jump forward next season?

One I'd suggest in IDP leagues is Margus Hunt (CIN). Came to the Bengals pretty raw and played sparingly this year, but his measurables are ridiculous and he has a good shot at sliding into a starting DE spot on a very talented line. He'll see mostly one-on-one blocking next year.

Ryan Mallett is rostered in a lot of leagues, but you never know what will happen with the Patriots backup QB. Wouldn't be surprising if they try to flip him, although it's going to be hard in such a QB-rich class.

Any other thoughts?

Post subject: Re: 2014 dynasty stashes
PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 11:21 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33202
Donate
mia.gif
I like

Khiry Robinson
Andre Holmes (if available at this point)
Brice Butler tore up the preseason, then fell out of favor...worth a stash

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:21 

Sand$: 49731
Donate
nyj.gif
vonbearsalot wrote:
This is the last week for roster moves in most leagues. Who are guys worth rostering who could make a jump forward next season?

One I'd suggest in IDP leagues is Margus Hunt (CIN). Came to the Bengals pretty raw and played sparingly this year, but his measurables are ridiculous and he has a good shot at sliding into a starting DE spot on a very talented line. He'll see mostly one-on-one blocking next year.

Ryan Mallett is rostered in a lot of leagues, but you never know what will happen with the Patriots backup QB. Wouldn't be surprising if they try to flip him, although it's going to be hard in such a QB-rich class.

Any other thoughts?

I snagged Mallett this morning in a couple of dynos for the heck of it.

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:31 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 29712
Donate
dal.gif
Latavius Murray

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:32 

Sand$: 97870
Donate
Shameless self plug...some of these guys are on rosters but may be cheaply acquired

http://www.fantasysharks.com/artman2/pu ... argets.htm

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:35 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Anyone looking at Bostick, the TE in GB?

With a competent QB back and Finley out of the picture, he could move up into that spot. Former basketball player, which seems to be the "magic bean" for TEs.

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:43 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 29712
Donate
dal.gif
Edwin Baker
Toilolo

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:44 

Donate
vonbearsalot wrote:
Anyone looking at Bostick, the TE in GB?

With a competent QB back and Finley out of the picture, he could move up into that spot. Former basketball player, which seems to be the "magic bean" for TEs.

Given how the Pack are using him and Quarless I'm not optimistic. They really should address defense, but I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted Ebron, Safarian-Jenkins, or Amaro round 1 of the draft.

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:52 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21576
Donate
chi.gif
OarChambo wrote:
Shameless self plug...some of these guys are on rosters but may be cheaply acquired

I grabbed Dion Lewis in two dyno's because of this article.

One of those leagues is shared with vontunacan himself.

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:54 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 3148
Donate
was.gif
What about the New England windeouts? Out of Boyce, Dobson, and Thompkins, only Thompkins is keepable in my league (he was drafted) and is also on the wire. Been thinking about picking him up for a stash, what do people think about his future with the Pats? Wouldn't have to make a call until late in the summer obviously, so would he be worth watching?

WR(3): Julio, Nelson, Floyd(Ari), Benjamin
RB(2): L.Bell, Asiata, Bush, Joique, Williams, Sproles
TE(1): Bennett, Cameron
K: Bryant
DST: New England

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 12:59 

Donate
rossimus wrote:
What about the New England windeouts? Out of Boyce, Dobson, and Thompkins, only Thompkins is keepable in my league (he was drafted) and is also on the wire. Been thinking about picking him up for a stash, what do people think about his future with the Pats? Wouldn't have to make a call until late in the summer obviously, so would he be worth watching?

Dobson and Thompkins should be the outside WR's the Pats try to develop long term. Bring in a veteran as mentor/insurance, but those guys need to be the intended down field guys for 2014. Will either hit? Hell if I know, both have a ton to work on this offseason, but both have inconsistent top 20 upside with their physical gifts and expected role.

I'm wary Boyce will have (lack of) quantity issues. He's more of an intermediate guy and the Pats already have two of those in Amendola and Edelman. Boyce has a different style of play than either of them, bigger - more physical, but even if he develops a red zone role I have hard time envisioning him as anything more than a 50/600/7 type next year and that's probably even on the optimistic side of his ceiling.

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 13:11 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 6302
Donate
sea.gif
Griffimo wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

I grabbed Dion Lewis in two dyno's because of this article.

One of those leagues is shared with vontunacan himself.

Saw that article too. Made me feel good about having both of the RB's Oar mentioned as worthy stashes already. Been holding onto Dion Lewis for most of the year after drafting him. Was forced to drop him at times, but glad for couple IR spots to allow me to go get him again. CJ Anderson, I'll at least try to hold onto through the offseason to see how that backfield shakes out and if Peyton is coming back. Maybe a keeper, if I can talk myself into dropping both of my Defenses(Cincy and SF). Kinda figured to keep one, but not if CJ has a shot at that gig. (also would have to pick CJ over Tim Wright or Rob Housler in a TE heavy scoring league) Might be some tough cuts when it comes draft time.

Kelce was on the wire for a bit, but I'm not as high on him as some. Dude's film look very heavy footed: a bit slow along with big plodding, heavy planted steps(more injury risk to his legs when tackled low). I did try to trade for Wheaton a while back though, but the owner was still high on him in waiting mode, I guess. Good article Oar.

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 15:06 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
Oar, I know you were high on Owusu coming out of Stanford. Do you think there's any chance he carves out a role in TB?

I've stashed him a few places because I like his talent, but I'm considering cutting bait for other prospects...

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 15:10 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 82
Donate
Why mallet?

Khiry Robinson for sure

PostPosted: Thu 12.19.2013, 15:19 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Donate
chi.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:
Why mallet?

Khiry Robinson for sure

Because he's in the last year of his contract, so there is some expectation that the Patriots dangle him as a trade consideration. He has the physical tools, and his big knock coming out of college was maturity. He's had a few years to watch a pretty decent QB in one of the best systems in football, and it only takes one team to like what they see and he's a starter.

I'm not sure I buy it, and I'd let him go if there's a better prospect out there, but if he's just sitting on the WW? He's at least as good of a bet as most of the rookie QBs out there.