FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Tue 09.16.2014, 10:24

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 12:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33764
Donate
nyj.gif
Quote:
Updating a previous item, CBS' Jason La Canfora says Colin Kaepernick won't settle for anything less than $20M per season annually in a new contract.
Source: CBS Sports Mar 5 - 11:58 AM

considering the source i am skeptical about this, but if thats where he thinks his value lies then good luck SF with negotiating

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 12:23 

Sand$: 48021
Donate
nyj.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
Quote:
Updating a previous item, CBS' Jason La Canfora says Colin Kaepernick won't settle for anything less than $20M per season annually in a new contract.
Source: CBS Sports Mar 5 - 11:58 AM

considering the source i am skeptical about this, but if thats where he thinks his value lies then good luck SF with negotiating

How dare he want Flacco money :evil:

Earlier reports say he wanted $18M so this is typical LaCanfora upping the ante with his "report". So far indications are that he will "bet on himself" and not sign a deal until his rookie deal expires next year. I think the Niners will be happy waiting.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 12:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 33764
Donate
nyj.gif
so because Baltimore overpaid SF has to overpay also? SF should play a game of chicken and see who blinks first

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 12:32 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33724
Donate
mia.gif
jetsman2806 wrote:
so because Baltimore overpaid SF has to overpay also? SF should play a game of chicken and see who blinks first

I like Kaepernick's chances with a full compliment of receivers and the cap going up.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 12:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 53857
Donate
min.gif
It is a lot, but not really that outrageous.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 12:52 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5060
Donate
Elmagister wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

I like Kaepernick's chances with a full compliment of receivers and the cap going up.

How much more would kaep make this year if he signed now? Seems like that amount > the amount he stands to gain from waiting

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 12:54 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 33724
Donate
mia.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

How much more would kaep make this year if he signed now? Seems like that amount > the amount he stands to gain from waiting

They aren't breaking the bank for him now. His stats have been lackluster, and they have the contractual leverage right now. He gains leverage the better he performs, and the closer to free agency he is.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 13:18 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 21958
Donate
sf.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

Contracts are tricky to me but from what i hear he's set to make like 500,000 this year. He's wants a contract now and if he doesn't get it now then he will close off negotiations until next year (i guess he wouldn't have a choice) and then he will take ALL offers from other teams. I think if the Niners want him they will probably try to sign him soon without going through any drama. IF there are doubts then let him play and then test the market.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 13:23 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13392
Donate
jax.gif
Considering I think he plays a lot like Flacco, I think it's pretty appropriate.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 13:29 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
Markulous wrote:
Considering I think he plays a lot like Flacco, I think it's pretty appropriate.

Kaep relies a lot on his legs and usually his first read. Usually doesn't stay in the pocket long enough to let the play evolve. IDK much about Flacco

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 13:54 

Donate
nyj.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

Contracts are tricky to me but from what i hear he's set to make like 500,000 this year. He's wants a contract now and if he doesn't get it now then he will close off negotiations until next year (i guess he wouldn't have a choice) and then he will take ALL offers from other teams. I think if the Niners want him they will probably try to sign him soon without going through any drama. IF there are doubts then let him play and then test the market.

He's set to make $900,000+ this year. From what I've read, the Niners are offering him somewhere in the $14-16m range, he wants $18-20$ depending on what you believe and he's more than willing to bet on himself to unlock the greater guarantees if the Niners wait to do a deal next off-season. It paid off for Flacco and could pay off for Kaep as well. The Niners still hold the franchise tag card in their hip pocket so Kaep is likely not going anywhere. If they keep winning and he improves, his leverage can only go up.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 14:04 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 5060
Donate
endzoneview wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
ZebraTank47 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:
jetsman2806 wrote:

He's set to make $900,000+ this year. From what I've read, the Niners are offering him somewhere in the $14-16m range, he wants $18-20$ depending on what you believe and he's more than willing to bet on himself to unlock the greater guarantees if the Niners wait to do a deal next off-season. It paid off for Flacco and could pay off for Kaep as well. The Niners still hold the franchise tag card in their hip pocket so Kaep is likely not going anywhere. If they keep winning and he improves, his leverage can only go up.

That's what I was getting at that makes no sense. If you get $15 mill this year instead of $900k, that's an extra 14 million. If he holds out for $19 million, it's going to take over 4 years if you apply any sort of discount rate to make up the difference,and for a qb who scrambles a decent amount it's not guaranteed he will last that long. Take the money now and then ask for more/hold out in 3-4 years if you're truly worth it

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 14:08 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 13392
Donate
jax.gif
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Markulous wrote:

Kaep relies a lot on his legs and usually his first read. Usually doesn't stay in the pocket long enough to let the play evolve. IDK much about Flacco

He's definitely more mobile and I think if Flacco had that ability he'd be the same way.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 14:14 

Donate
nyj.gif
ZebraTank47 wrote:
That's what I was getting at that makes no sense. If you get $15 mill this year instead of $900k, that's an extra 14 million. If he holds out for $19 million, it's going to take over 4 years if you apply any sort of discount rate to make up the difference,and for a qb who scrambles a decent amount it's not guaranteed he will last that long. Take the money now and then ask for more/hold out in 3-4 years if you're truly worth it

BUT, the guaranteed money is where it's at. So while the Niners could be offering $14M, the structure of the deal is going to be very team friendly and not give him any real security, since Kaep has no leverage. Once he gets leverage next year, the guaranteed money (and yearly money) rises exponentially along with his longtime security (well, longer in theory, this is the NFL after all)

I see where you're coming from and I actually agree with his style of play it would be wise to cash in as soon as possible but Kaep and his agents don't appear to be thinking that way. I think it's going to backfire but for his sake, I hope it works. It's a gamble.

PostPosted: Wed 03.05.2014, 14:33 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Donate
sf.gif
Markulous wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Markulous wrote:

He's definitely more mobile and I think if Flacco had that ability he'd be the same way.

IDK man i think Flacco is alot better in the pocket. And Kaep still can't make all the throws.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next