FantasySharks.com

There are two types of Fantasy Football Owners: Sharks and Chum, which are you?
It is currently Fri 11.28.2014, 11:55

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun 05.11.2014, 19:03 
Chum

Sand$: 30
Donate
PS I admit this is based almost entirely on the first 2 or 3 rounds as few players after that did I know much if anything about:

WINNERS:

Browns. Manziel is classic boom/bust but worth the gamble. Also as great as it would have been to get Watkins, trading that 1.04 pick and getting an extra #1 pick next year was a steal (just like the Richardson deal with the Colts) - if they draft wisely next year, this could at last be a team on the rise.

Raiders. A huge talent in Mack to anchor the D and a very good QB of the future. Maybe McKenzie knows what he's doing after all.

Falcons. Got bigger and tougher on both sides of the line and may have found a gem for added offensive firepower in RB Freeman who can also spell Jackson.

Packers. Addressed their 2 biggest needs (safety and WR) right out of the gate, esp with a blue chipper like Dix.

Jags. Best QB in the draft to perhaps finally resolve a long-standing problem and not one but two stud WRs to grow with. Robinson was a steal. This is finally a team to be reckoned with - perhaps not as much this year as the rooks learn, but long-term, watch out.

49ers. A stud safety, their RB of the future (Gore can't have much longer) and the top center of the draft.

Bucs. They needed to help their offense big time and wow did they ever. I'm a believer in Glennon so watch out for this team.

Titans. Top talent on both sides of the ball (Jones was a steal) and addressed the RB situation.

LOSERS:

Lions. Ebron is nice but overkill for an already potent passing attack and they didn't address the porous secondary until Round 4.

Chiefs. With dire need at WR and OL their first pick is - a DE? And one they could have probably picked up with their next pick? Perhaps the worst first-round draft choice of the draft. They also didn't draft OL till near the end and drafted zero WRs. ugh

Jets. Pryor is a fine safety, but they needed receiving help SO bad and several top talents sitting there. Lost me on that game plan.

PostPosted: Wed 05.14.2014, 21:53 
Chum

Sand$: 30
Donate
please, one at a time

PostPosted: Wed 05.14.2014, 23:06 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22251
Donate
cle.gif
Ha, welcome to the Tank.

I'll hold off on other teams. For the Browns, I'm actually a bit disappointed in the draft, but really it wasn't bad, at all. Yea, a stud WR would have been good, we may still have a weak link in the o line, and definitely still a problem at FS in Tashaun Gipson, but all the picks filled needs. I can't get mad over winding up with an extra 1st next season either, but Watkins this year would have been pretty damn ok with me. Hopefully next year we won't go tossing away mid rounds picks chasing guys.

"..if they draft wisely next year, this could at last be a team on the rise." Could be? I got to see it to believe it.

You a Bills fan? Sorry for the loss of a football loving owner.

*Uber (9-2-1)
HoP (7-5)
P$B!!! (6-6)
Done: xDeathMatch (7-5), xFSNFL (5-11)

PostPosted: Wed 05.14.2014, 23:17 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1362
Donate
The 49ers played this entire off season perfectly. Drafted the best RB and C in the draft, added a quality receiver, strengthened their secondary. Jonathan Martin could turn out nicely as well

PostPosted: Wed 05.14.2014, 23:19 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 22251
Donate
cle.gif
For the Bills, giving up those 2015 picks was a high price but overall I thought they drafted pretty well.

*Uber (9-2-1)
HoP (7-5)
P$B!!! (6-6)
Done: xDeathMatch (7-5), xFSNFL (5-11)

PostPosted: Wed 05.14.2014, 23:30 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 1362
Donate
The BlueBeards wrote:
For the Bills, giving up those 2015 picks was a high price but overall I thought they drafted pretty well.

Yeah, I had very mixed feelings about that. My first thought was keep Stevie, and then you have spiller fjax Stevie mike Williams as offensive threats, then pick up ebron and you're looking good. Why spend so many picks trying to fix EJ? But, if Watkins turns out to be the next big thing, then it was definitely worth it

PostPosted: Wed 05.14.2014, 23:41 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 119223
Donate
min.gif
1. Vikings - Obviously.
2. Lions - No, didn't draft a WR #1, but took the 1st TE @ 1:10... that = winning!
3. Bears - Ditka. nuff said.
4. Packers - HA HA!.. Ted drafted more Dix for Rodgers.

5. through 32. = irrelevant meh

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 06:59 
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Sand$: 17212
Donate
jax.gif
I agree that the Jags are winners. If you go beyond the first two rounds even its just as good, we got a starting guard, two potential LEOs/OLBs, and Storm Johnson from UCF, who could easily be in the rotation for a lot of snaps.

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 07:27 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 15805
Donate
bill5 wrote:
PS I admit this is based almost entirely on the first 2 or 3 rounds as few players after that did I know much if anything about:

WINNERS:

Raiders. A huge talent in Mack to anchor the D and a very good QB of the future. Maybe McKenzie knows what he's doing after all.

Jags. Best QB in the draft to perhaps finally resolve a long-standing problem and not one but two stud WRs to grow with. Robinson was a steal. This is finally a team to be reckoned with - perhaps not as much this year as the rooks learn, but long-term, watch out.

49ers. A stud safety, their RB of the future (Gore can't have much longer) and the top center of the draft.

Titans. Top talent on both sides of the ball (Jones was a steal) and addressed the RB situation.

LOSERS:

Lions. Ebron is nice but overkill for an already potent passing attack and they didn't address the porous secondary until Round 4.

Chiefs. With dire need at WR and OL their first pick is - a DE? And one they could have probably picked up with their next pick? Perhaps the worst first-round draft choice of the draft. They also didn't draft OL till near the end and drafted zero WRs. ugh

Jets. Pryor is a fine safety, but they needed receiving help SO bad and several top talents sitting there. Lost me on that game plan.

Hi :) Welcome to the tank \:D/

1) OAK didnt get a very good QB imo, they got a highly suspect one.
2) Yup, signs of life and encouragement in JAX
3) 49ers likely did it again. BPA > Need every time.
4) You a Penn st homer (Robinson then Jones?)? Not knocking it, just curious.

1) Yes i thought the Lions one was unusual, but i wouldnt judge them losers just yet tbh.
2) Chiefs drafted an OLB. Big difference. Tamba Hali is FA after 2015 and will be 31/32. Justin Houston tho? Hes an FA next year. Its a SMART move not a bad move :)
3) I actually liked the Jets draft. Blue chip Safety. BPA & Need. A few weapons to help on offense (Amaro, Saunders etc), a developmental project very bit as likely to succeed as the VT guy who went far, far earlier. Yeah it was fine imo.

Didnt really like Carolina's (sorry PW), it wasnt terrible by any means (aside from rnd 1), but its only the Turner pick that jumps out in the 3rd as being a good one. Just my 2c on that tho.

Bizarrely, despite not having a 1st - and theyll be kicking themselves about it, assuming Irsay knows which leg is which atm -but i really liked Indys draft pretty much from top to bottom.

Perhaps more shockingly i liked Miami's draft (was Ireland on vacation?) and unsurprisingly the Giants turned in a very solid class, too.

Multiple starters in all 3 of those drafts imo

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 07:50 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 55517
Donate
min.gif
The Vikings draft "success" will depend entirely on Bridgewater. If he pans out to at least a 6-8 year starter, then they are winners. I like Barr a lot, Crichton, Yankey, Exum all good players that fill needs. Their draft could have been better if they had used that second 3rd round pick on someone other than a special teams RB who might get 2 or 3 carries a game. The pieces are in place with a much better coaching staff to make some noise, but it all comes down to the QB.

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 07:58 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Winners:

Rams and its not even close.

Texans did fairly well.

9ers

Saints

Giants

Bucs

Raiders

Titans

Losers :

Colts , Chiefs , Phins, Pats , Eagles, Washington

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 07:59 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37392
Donate
mia.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Winners:

Rams and its not even close.

Texans did fairly well.

9ers

Saints

Giants

Bucs

Raiders

Titans

Losers :

Colts , Chiefs , Phins, Pats , Eagles, Washington

I liked the Dolphins draft quite a bit. Why losers?

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 08:34 
Megalodon
Megalodon

Sand$: 18648
Donate
Location: Griff is a Demi God. I know this because I am one also.
min.gif
Elmagister wrote:

I thought Ja'Wuan James was a bit of a reach. I didn't like the Landry pick at all. If they wanted a slot WR cooks was there in the first. The turner pick I liked. I like the chance a small college kid brings but its hit or miss on these guys. In the same breath we don't know till they touch the turf and it could turn out to be the best draft.

Like in the Vikes drafting Barr. If they can scheme him in it works. However if he is a fish out of water we now own Vernon Gholston. Same can be said about Bridgewater. He doesn't't fit the schemes.

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 08:36 
Whale Shark

Sand$: 2100
Donate
sd.gif
The BlueBeards wrote:
Ha, welcome to the Tank.

I'll hold off on other teams. For the Browns, I'm actually a bit disappointed in the draft, but really it wasn't bad, at all. Yea, a stud WR would have been good, we may still have a weak link in the o line, and definitely still a problem at FS in Tashaun Gipson, but all the picks filled needs. I can't get mad over winding up with an extra 1st next season either, but Watkins this year would have been pretty damn ok with me. Hopefully next year we won't go tossing away mid rounds picks chasing guys.

"..if they draft wisely next year, this could at last be a team on the rise." Could be? I got to see it to believe it.

You a Bills fan? Sorry for the loss of a football loving owner.

In light of the Josh Gordon news just before the draft I thought the Browns did well. I suppose they can be critcized for not taking a WR early but that could have meant throwing months of draft prep out the window.. I'd rather a team stick to the plan than do a Minnesota and draft a Ponder.

PostPosted: Thu 05.15.2014, 08:38 
Supreme Megalodon
Supreme Megalodon

Sand$: 37392
Donate
mia.gif
badgasman9 wrote:
Elmagister wrote:

I thought Ja'Wuan James was a bit of a reach. I didn't like the Landry pick at all. If they wanted a slot WR cooks was there in the first. The turner pick I liked. I like the chance a small college kid brings but its hit or miss on these guys. In the same breath we don't know till they touch the turf and it could turn out to be the best draft.

Like in the Vikes drafting Barr. If they can scheme him in it works. However if he is a fish out of water we now own Vernon Gholston. Same can be said about Bridgewater. He doesn't't fit the schemes.

I agree about James, but they say they had a 1st round grade on him, and he should plug right into the hole at RT, so I'll wait and see/give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I loved the Landry pick. Edit: That's revisionist of me. I posted the :neutral: when they made the Landry pick. I've come to really like it though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next