PS I admit this is based almost entirely on the first 2 or 3 rounds as few players after that did I know much if anything about:
Raiders. A huge talent in Mack to anchor the D and a very good QB of the future. Maybe McKenzie knows what he's doing after all.
Jags. Best QB in the draft to perhaps finally resolve a long-standing problem and not one but two stud WRs to grow with. Robinson was a steal. This is finally a team to be reckoned with - perhaps not as much this year as the rooks learn, but long-term, watch out.
49ers. A stud safety, their RB of the future (Gore can't have much longer) and the top center of the draft.
Titans. Top talent on both sides of the ball (Jones was a steal) and addressed the RB situation.
Lions. Ebron is nice but overkill for an already potent passing attack and they didn't address the porous secondary until Round 4.
Chiefs. With dire need at WR and OL their first pick is - a DE? And one they could have probably picked up with their next pick? Perhaps the worst first-round draft choice of the draft. They also didn't draft OL till near the end and drafted zero WRs. ugh
Jets. Pryor is a fine safety, but they needed receiving help SO bad and several top talents sitting there. Lost me on that game plan.
Welcome to the tank
1) OAK didnt get a very good QB imo, they got a highly suspect one.
2) Yup, signs of life and encouragement in JAX
3) 49ers likely did it again. BPA > Need every time.
4) You a Penn st homer (Robinson then Jones?)? Not knocking it, just curious.
1) Yes i thought the Lions one was unusual, but i wouldnt judge them losers just yet tbh.
2) Chiefs drafted an OLB. Big difference. Tamba Hali is FA after 2015 and will be 31/32. Justin Houston tho? Hes an FA next year. Its a SMART move not a bad move
3) I actually liked the Jets draft. Blue chip Safety. BPA & Need. A few weapons to help on offense (Amaro, Saunders etc), a developmental project very bit as likely to succeed as the VT guy who went far, far earlier. Yeah it was fine imo.
Didnt really like Carolina's (sorry PW), it wasnt
terrible by any means (aside from rnd 1), but its only the Turner pick that jumps out in the 3rd as being a good one. Just my 2c on that tho.
Bizarrely, despite not having a 1st - and theyll be kicking themselves about it, assuming Irsay knows which leg is which atm -but i really liked Indys draft pretty much from top to bottom.
Perhaps more shockingly i liked Miami's draft (was Ireland on vacation?) and unsurprisingly the Giants turned in a very solid class, too.
Multiple starters in all 3 of those drafts imo